At&t gave me unlock code for Lumia 900 but it doesn't work. HELP!!

awneze

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I have an at&t Lumia 900, i got the unlock code from at&t and i tried to use it but it does not work, I am currently in Nigeria trying to unlock it with an etisalat network sim inserted.
At&t support cannot figure out what the problem is and told me they would contact Nokia who gave them the code, but that was 3weeks ago and i have not heard back from them.
i went ahead and bought an unloce code from ebay and surprise surprise its the exact same one at&t gave me.

i'm stuck.
anyone here know what's going on??
thanks

11B1P

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never unlocked a phone, so I don't know the process. Have you contacted ATT lately? Sounds like they dropped the ball. I would call them every day until they resolve the issue.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have an at&t Lumia 900, i got the unlock code from at&t and i tried to use it but it does not work, I am currently in Nigeria trying to unlock it with an etisalat network sim inserted.
At&t support cannot figure out what the problem is and told me they would contact Nokia who gave them the code, but that was 3weeks ago and i have not heard back from them.
i went ahead and bought an unloce code from ebay and surprise surprise its the exact same one at&t gave me.

i'm stuck.
anyone here know what's going on??
thanks

Yes it would be the same code because it's the same IMEI. Unlock codes are specific to device IMEIs

Could you shed some more light on the process you are trying to unlock the phone?

Have you inserted the SIM from your carrier? If you do this, when you boot the phone, it will prompt you to enter the code. Then you enter the code AT&T has given you.

What error do you get when you put in the code?

ffaridi1

Nov 6, 2007
Visit site
I had exact same issue, the code given to me did not work and I spent numerous frustrating minutes with AT&T.
Finally, I took it to forums and found the solution.
Here is what you need to do:
Keep entering the code given by AT&T and try it 10 times (scary ... but believe me let it run out of tries).
Your 11th try will ask for PUK code, enter the same code (given by AT&T) and your phone will be "unlocked" :)

Enjoy !!!!

djosa242

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Unlocking Lumia 900 -- AT&T SIM/Network Lock Code Is Incorrect - FIXED!
You've probably found your way here because you're trying to use an unlock code that you got from AT&T or an EBay seller, but the phone is refusing to take it, despite your triple-checking of details.

The workaround is this: Enter the incorrect code until you run out of your ten (10) attempts. Then you'll get the *real* network unlock message, with 32 attempts. Enter the same 8-digit code you've been entering, and voila, you're now free to use this on any network!

awneze

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
I am trying to unlock it with an ETISALAT sim inside (in Nigeria).
I get the usual, code is wrong message with a "contact your service provider" msg at the end.

I am scared to use up all 2 attempts left, is this an absolutely sure solution to this problem?

D

Deleted member 199301

I am trying to unlock it with an ETISALAT sim inside (in Nigeria).
I get the usual, code is wrong message with a "contact your service provider" msg at the end.

I am scared to use up all 2 attempts left, is this an absolutely sure solution to this problem?

Only one way to find out. I'm about to try to unlock mine as well.

David Tommy

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I followed this procedure but it did not work :( I used the 10 first attempts and then try to enter the code again but didnt work. Any other suggestion??

awneze

Feb 11, 2012
Visit site
it worked fine!! I used all 10 attempts, then got the 32 PUK attempts, then put the same unlock and it worked.
I have used this method on two different Lumia 900s now, worked both times!

weird solution
but thANKS ALL

solomon chasteen

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. My AT&T code would not unlock my phone. I pushed past the 10 attempts. On the puk code page I entered the same code and it worked. Awesome... Thanks for posting this fix. I figured it it did not work I was no worst off then having a phone I could not use.

mja A

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I guess I was lucky.I bought the 900 from ebay few weeks ago. 10 min on the Phone with AT@T .code worked from the 1st trial

RASCORAY1

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Please, can anyone help me too on my nokia lumia 900 with at&t has factory sim-lock problem in Nigeria? I have purchased unlock code from at&t through ebay but no place to enter the code and it doesn't recognize any sim card too. Please help!!!

YingTK

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, I've just completely locked up my phone a week ago, and it's supposed to be on its way back to me from NOKIA. An AT&T rep gave me the wrong code(was later confirmed by a supervisor), but I never knew the code would have been wrong, went passed the 10 attempts with the wrong code, then nothing ever helped, not the PUK code, nor the correct unlock code, and the phone simply wouldn't take any sim card. So, be extremely cautious that you are using the same code (better confirm with more than 2 different reps from AT&T)

I had to gone through more than 6 hours of BS from AT&T claiming it's not their fault(even asked me to drive more than 1 hour back and forth to a retail store for more BS- they were like, oh, you aren't finished with your 2 year contract, there's no way you could legally unlock it, so again, it's your fault, and there's nothing we can do about it...which is completely wrong), but then they just wouldn't want to do anything to the bricked phone until an extremely long conversation with supposedly someone "up there" in their customer service who decided to send me a replacement phone. (Still, they don't want to deal with the bricked phone with all my information in it, and according to them, since I didn't buy the AT&T insurance, they're not liable for anything that happened, my fault again.)

Well, luckily, I spent less than 5 minutes with NOKIA rep, and they immediately took the phone back for free since it's under NOKIA's warranty. This is just a huge contrast: How "amazing" AT&T's customer service, and how well NOKIA handled this situation(even though they're not at fault at all).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos