Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Definately no Bluetooth sharing on the 900 after 7.8 Upgrade.

Discuss.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,476 Global Posts
    Perhaps you need to wait for the Nokia updates to follow that bring it in? As far as I remember, Bluetooth sharing will be for Nokia handsets only, so my HTC TITAN will be out of luck.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."

no bluetooth neither ringtone maker, marketplace says it isnt compatible with the current (and just updated) att 7.8

help

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Yep, just had a very long discussion with nokia chat support. They claim it is not supported by 7.8 and we need to wait for the apps to be updated.

As for additional nokia updates they told me that there are no firmware/software updates at this time.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by konaitor View Post
    Yep, just had a very long discussion with nokia chat support. They claim it is not supported by 7.8 and we need to wait for the apps to be updated.

As for additional nokia updates they told me that there are no firmware/software updates at this time.
    Yeah right that's what they told me as well. I've previously downloaded both apps a few weeks ago while I was on tango 8773. The Bluetooth share app works, but it said that I need to update my software, and the ringtone maker app just didn't open, like it kept returning back to the start screen. Nokia has done something with these apps which now prevents wp7 users from accessing it.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I think there is a nokia firmware that is supposed to be coming out and will make them work.. at least i hope.

Global Posts
    313 Global Posts
    There was an OEM update together with the 7.8 update. I contacted Nokia Care again, and spoke with a Lumia expert, apparently the apps are in testing. And as I can tell the Ringtone maker app has been disabled from the marketplace, while the Bluetooth share app is remained hidden, but also disabled.

I downloaded Bluetooth share before I had 7.8 and it works now :) ...I missed ringtones maker...plus I want Cinemagraph and Smart shoot is it too much to ask? :p
    Hi

I have nokia lumia 900 as well.

OS is 7.10.8858.136
    firmware - 2175.2307.8858.12480

I am able to download bluetooth sharing, contact share, and ringtone maker.
    Ringtone maker is working. Contact sharing is possible through sms and email. But Bluetooth Sharing is still saying I need to update my device. Please suggest what to do.

Can you please indicate the link to download Bluetooth share app for Unlocked At&t Lumia 900 with Windows 7.8 in United States.
    Thanks

It's been a long time since I owned the ATT Nokia Lumia 900 but as far I recollect, the ATT version did not support Bluetooth file share on 7.8 while the international variant did.