01-16-2013, 05:10 AM #1
- 2 Posts
I want to replace my old Optimus 7.
I don't like to spend too much on a smartphone, I mostly use a tablet @home.
In Belgium, I could opt for the new Nokia 620 which would cost between 250 and 300€. But right now, the Lumnia 900 has been decresed to 299€.
Would it make sence to buy an "old" top end device or choose for a new mid-range model?
My fear is that the 7.8 is the last update for the older devices and that many apps will be designed for W8 only.
- 01-16-2013, 05:27 AM #2
I would take the 620 before the 900 easily. You are right in being concerned about the 7.8 update, rest assured that will be the last breath of WP7, and it would be a mistake to buy an obsolete phone today when you can get a better, newer, cheaper phone instead.
Lumia 620, no doubt, is the better option
- 01-16-2013, 09:38 AM #3
Nokia is shipping new lower end phones to smaller countries with 7.8, this OS will be around for a little bit longer so I don't buy into the "obsolete" argument.
With that said I would still recommend the 620 over the 900. The 620 offers NFC as well as memory card support (the 900 offers neither) and 8.0 offers so much more than 7.8....When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
- 01-16-2013, 03:32 PM #4
Here is a thoughtful story (YMMV) on why upgrading to WP8 right now isn't a must. If you plan on keeping the phone long-term, I would consider the WP8 device. Whatever shortcomings there are now, they might (fingers crossed) be addressed in the future. However, if you are going to keep this phone for a year, might as well go with the 900. It has a better camera and build quality. Upgrade to WP8 after the bugs have been worked out.
- By zephyrwala in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 4Last Post: 07-10-2012, 03:25 PM
- By Frenzytom in forum The "Off Topic" LoungeReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2012, 05:40 PM
- By J4rrod in forum General Tablet & Laptop DiscussionReplies: 5Last Post: 03-16-2012, 07:57 PM
- By Luisraul924 in forum Upcoming & Rumored Windows PhonesReplies: 4Last Post: 12-01-2011, 07:34 AM
- By DontHate707 in forum HTC Arrive / 7 ProReplies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2011, 07:45 AM