My PC ignores my Lumia =(

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, so I was having some weird errors when syncing with zune. I was told to remove some drivers and nokia car suite.. after doing that, my computer no longer recognizes when I plug my phone in. The phone does charge, but that's it. I've reinstalled zune but that did nothing.What should I do?

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Well this problem has been going on for a while. They told me that the nokia care suite cause problems with zune and to remove the drivers. Now, I don't know what I need to add back..

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I do not have Nokia care suite installed on my PC, and Zune works fine.

What version of Windows are you running?

Do you remember the last time that Zune worked? Do you remember what changes you made to your PC immediately prior to Zune not working?

stewpeanut

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
i don't have nokia care suite installed, when connecting my 900 it initially connects and starts to sync...but then disconnects, reconnects, disconnects, reconnects...it continues that cycle until i get tired of hearing the chime over and over and disconnect it. same behavior using multiple usb cables and/or ports. i'm worried that i won't be able to stay connected throughout the 7.8 upgrade cycle.

jlw17

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
Where can I redownload those drivers I uninstalled? I really want to update today but I can't if my computer doesn't see my device. I'm running windows 8 pro 64 bit.

vormison

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
If you go to C:\Program Files (x86) you should have a folder called Nokia. In there, you'll see the Nokia Care Suite folder. There is a drivers folder located in there - try to install the WinUSB driver and see if that helps.

waym1962

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My friend has a similar issue with his windows phone app for mac. When he plugs his usb into the computer and phone it will charge but does not show up as a device on his Mac and the app doesn't recognize it as being plugged in. Any ideas that could help him so he could uprgade to 7.8?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos