Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Phone now says 7.10 8858.136 is this the final update? Or am I going to have to keep doing this check, disconnect thing over and over again? This is the stupidest way of updating software I have ever heard of. Sorry to be short but, been trying to get this done since about 3:00 and it is now after 6:00. Only takes a few minute to update but, hours to finally get the update.

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
To those who updated a Lumia 900 on AT&T, how many updates did you get? I got two, update for phones without camera button, then 7.8. I had to pull the cable for each one, but ran out of time at work and came home. Is there also a firmware update? Thanks.

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
FYI, If you are trying to use the Bluetooth Share App it still does not work on 7.8.

Nokia support told me that it is not supported on 7.8 at all, and even trying to install the app from the marketplace will great you with a message that it is not supported.

Splitz

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the Zune Trick and got it all updated.

I don't see much of a difference save for being able to change the size of the tiles.

stockbano

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Finally! got it using the trick after MANY attempts for my AT&T lumia 900 make sure no apps are running and you dont need to be in airplane more

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Can't get this to work in Central PA, USA, Lumia 900, AT&T. Freaking pathetic. Sweet lord, am I sick of WP.

Or you can just wait for the phone to prompt you there's an update and then proceed to install?

The cable trick is just for those who are impatient to get the update but their phones are not yet provisioned on MS side.

nicewabbit

May 7, 2012
Visit site
My update has been stuck on step 6 of 9 (Restarting your phone) for almost an hour now. Should I worry yet? Should I cancel out? (L900, AT&T) :unhappy:

compnovo

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
It really is a trick of the timing but I finally got my Lumia 900 updated by doing a "thousand one, thousand two" count then yanking the cable.

VoodooKing#WP

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I took YINK TKs advise. I was patient and finally notified of an update. The process took around 1/2 hour. But I noticed something weird. It just said "Nokia Update for windows phone". (no os # or anything.) Then, in the description it had two items: 1) Provides support for phones without a physical camera button. 2) Provides other windows phone improvements. TO MY SHOCK, THE UPDATE FINISHED "SUCCESSFULLY", AND NO NEW START SCREEN OR ANYTHING OTHER VISIBLE!!! NOW I JUST WANT TO SMASH THE PHONE. ANY HELP?????

There's 3 updates total. You just got the first update. :-/

TechAbstract

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Updated to 7.8 on Lumia 900 AT&T through ethernet cable disconnect trick. It worked great with airplane mode On. There was an update before the 7.8 update.

giggles

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Okay finally got an update (camera one) for my att lumia 900. Trick was, airplane mode and pulling the cord at 3/4 seconds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3