Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Anyone gotten the update on their Focus S? I just downloaded Zune, plugged it in, and says it is up to date with 8773.

do the zune trick

Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Lumia 800 here. I just got the 3 updates with the zune trick. I honestly had not thought it would work at all, but it worked like a charm in first attempt with all three updates. Just try it those of you who are waiting. You won't regret it.

Oh btw. 7.8 is quite awesome, and the phone feels like new!

Quote Originally Posted by bobsentell View Post
    Task Manager > Services > Any thing with the word "Zune" set to 'Start' > Reset your computer > Plug in Phone > Open Zune > Task Manager > Services > Start anything with the word Zune > do force > Boom!

Mine was stuck at 0% all night. I did the above I went from step 2 to step 5 in the amount of time it took to type this. The first update was specifically a Nokia update, not the Windows update.

Edit: It jumped to step 7 by the time I was able to reread this. Basically, reset your computer, ensure Zune has activated all of its services, then force the update. It should work then. Also, take your time. Give your computer a chance to set at each stage before moving on.

Edit 2: First update was installed. Did the force again and was given the option to install a "Windows Phone" update. Already at step 7.

Edit 3: And I'm done! I hope this helped! Again, make sure Zune has every process up and running before you try anything. After that, it should work fine.

Now, excuse me while I go play with the new live tiles.
    You are the man!

has anyone figured out where the ringtone maker, cinemagraph gif maker, and other apps are?

I got the 7.8 update yesterday. One annoyance I am finding is in regards to the amount of empty space between the top tile and the horizontal 'info/status bar' at the top where the time, cell/WiFi/bluetooth status indicators are. There is about 7.5 mm of space between the top of the tile and the 'info/status bar'. While I was happy to lose the gutter space on the right side of the display, there now appears to be one at the top. I don't recall the previous 7.5 tile layout having this same problem. Is anyone else seeing this on their phones (post 7.8 update)?

PIN
    Email
    You can try resetting your phone to factory settings then try the update . Had the same trouble your talking about with the update from last year. I think an app or email account was causing the problem with the update .

Any one in Australia get the update yet???? Gave up on cable trick don't work

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbir21 View Post
    I got the 7.8 update yesterday. One annoyance I am finding is in regards to the amount of empty space between the top tile and the horizontal 'info/status bar' at the top where the time, cell/WiFi/bluetooth status indicators are. There is about 7.5 mm of space between the top of the tile and the 'info/status bar'. While I was happy to lose the gutter space on the right side of the display, there now appears to be one at the top. I don't recall the previous 7.5 tile layout having this same problem. Is anyone else seeing this on their phones (post 7.8 update)?
    There was always quite a bit of space between the status bar and the top row of tiles.

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    My battery life has improved a LOT since the update. I've been on my phone constantly today and still have plenty left.
    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Quote Originally Posted by Sam C View Post
    has anyone figured out where the ringtone maker, cinemagraph gif maker, and other apps are?
    I have try to find them but no result .

Hi All,
    Successfully executed the Force Update \o/
    Took about an hour to complete but it's totally worth it. BB10 launch is a ZERO compared to this major update.
    I am So HaPPi right now.
    However, I am still lusting for the Yellow Lumia 920 once I save enough for the RRP.
    Btw, I am from Singapore.
    Cheers ;)

I just reset my Focus via Zune. I did it with the disconnect method, waiting about 3/4 seconds. Took a couple tries, but did the trick (yesterday I tried 20 times with no luck, today it was a success at the 3rd attempt). I went to 8779 first, then 8783 and finally 8858 (had to do the disconnect for each of them). Oh, also, I took the SIM out while I was updating, just in case (so the phone doesn't know I'm using the T-Mobile network, just in case that made things more difficult).

Note that my Focus is the AT&T model but I flashed it long ago with the original retail Rogers ROM (which is practically stock WP original rom) because I hated all the stupid personalizations made by AT&T, so my Focus thinks it's an i917R instead of an i917 - this could be why I was able to do the disconnect thing. In any case, I very highly recommend you ditch the AT&T rom in favor of the clean Rogers one, it's the perfectly clean, non-homebrew original used by Rogers in Canada, so you will get all updates through Zune perfectly normally.

Update: after about an hour of use, this 7.8 update is quite noticeably speedy. Better than 8773 was for my Focus, that's for sure. The new emerald theme also looks GREAT in the AMOLED screen!
    Forced it yesterday with the Zune trick on my HTC HD7 in Switzerland...worked just fine the first time I tired...much easier than forcing the Mango update...
    Just curious, Apollo is that the WP7.8 update or is that WP8?

Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    Anyone been able to do this (successfully) on a Mac? I'm not getting anywhere trying this ///

Seems like the Windows Phone Mac application barely even realizes that its WiFi has been turned off ???

/BD

Couldn't get the Zune update to work but managed to force the update with this tool:
    Want Windows Phone 7.8 now? Try this easy tool (Update: Now supports 7720) - Windows Phone Hacker
    Works after three attempts (one for each update)
    Happy now with my refreshed HTC HD7 and Titan in the UK :)

Got mine for the HTC Radar 4G

wp 7.8 is pretty nice, htc 7 trophy

Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I didn't get it yet i got a radar 4g it says i am up ta date I got the 8783.12

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrot View Post
    I didn't get it yet i got a radar 4g it says i am up ta date I got the 8783.12
    Try the Zune trick, 8783 comes with 8858, so if you can get 8783, 8858 is waiting too.

Quote Originally Posted by iop777 View Post
    Try the Zune trick, 8783 comes with 8858, so if you can get 8783, 8858 is waiting too.
    what network are on and what country? I've been trying all day for my radar on t-mobile in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by fults_a View Post
    what network are on and what country? I've been trying all day for my radar on t-mobile in the US.
    My Lumia 900 is unlocked but branded to Rogers in Canada. Keep trying, it took me a good 20+ tries to get from 8783 to 8858.

I haven't heard anyone on t-mobile in the US getting updated yet, even with the cable trick. I don't think it's in the system yet for me, unfortunately. Has anyone received it for the US htc radar?

On Verizon with an HTC Trophy now running 7.8 thanks to the SeventyEighter tool!

Global Posts
    635 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iop777 View Post
    My Lumia 900 is unlocked but branded to Rogers in Canada. Keep trying, it took me a good 20+ tries to get from 8783 to 8858.
    what was your firmware version after it all? I'm still on 2175.2301.8779.12224.how many updates did you get?