Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

blushrts717

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Done...hope I never have to go through this crap again.

And Nokia should have opened up Internet Sharing for all, having the message to contact Att pop up when you don't have service with ATT is just stupid.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

You don't actually have to do any of this crazy stuff. We are just all being impatient (me included) and want it now. It will eventually show up in Zune without doing the cable pull.

Corleones

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
One thing though, are the smallest tiles of 3'rd party apps supposed to look a bit blurry on 7.8? I have that small pet peeve, but the homescreen itself makes it feel like a completely new phone. I'm using the Steel theme.

Corleones

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Also on Music+Videos, I noticed a minor change. On the history tab thing, the last played media was a very large tile, now it is only about a quarter of the original.

scsgoal

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
There's definitely a problem, but I don't know what/why!

There would be no issue in disconnecting at this point. The system hasn't touched your phone and won't until step 6 or 7. Just unplug, find another computer (my assumption is that a firewall or network policy is blocking you from the download server), and try again.

Ger Losty

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
hi
Lumnia 800, tol di can update to 7.8, but it keeps failing on me, i have followed all instructions...but alas, anyone having problems, says it cant find windows driver

chief_wiggum

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Yesterday night I got the update for my LG Optimus 7 E900. When I connected it to the PC to transfer some photos, it began to get updated, I didn't have to force the update. I live in Santander (Spain) and my telephone operator is Vodafone Spain. There were some rumours that said that LG devices were not going to receive the update, but I can say they were only rumours. My LG is now updated to WP 7.8 (version 7.10.8858.136) and it works very well. I even think it works faster. I enclose two pictures of my device (I'm so sorry for their quality).

Attachments

• 100_8472-2.jpg
    100_8472-2.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 3
  • 100_8470-2.jpg
    100_8470-2.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 3

ExcaliburII

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
up on Rogers in Canada updated 3 different phones by forcing.
Lumia 710
HTC HD7 (although HTC said it wasn't getting it)
LG Optimus 7

I noticed that Office is now version 14.5 on these phones...cannot recall what the version was before, but the wp8 version is 15

fierovin

Sep 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't expect any love from Sprint so I used the manual method on my HTC Arrive, it seems to be working fine. Love the new tile sizes!

Marute

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 800 here. I just got the 3 updates with the zune trick. I honestly had not thought it would work at all, but it worked like a charm in first attempt with all three updates. Just try it those of you who are waiting. You won't regret it.

Oh btw. 7.8 is quite awesome, and the phone feels like new!

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Task Manager > Services > Any thing with the word "Zune" set to 'Start' > Reset your computer > Plug in Phone > Open Zune > Task Manager > Services > Start anything with the word Zune > do force > Boom!

Mine was stuck at 0% all night. I did the above I went from step 2 to step 5 in the amount of time it took to type this. The first update was specifically a Nokia update, not the Windows update.

Edit: It jumped to step 7 by the time I was able to reread this. Basically, reset your computer, ensure Zune has activated all of its services, then force the update. It should work then. Also, take your time. Give your computer a chance to set at each stage before moving on.

Edit 2: First update was installed. Did the force again and was given the option to install a "Windows Phone" update. Already at step 7.

Edit 3: And I'm done! I hope this helped! Again, make sure Zune has every process up and running before you try anything. After that, it should work fine.

Now, excuse me while I go play with the new live tiles.

You are the man!

gerbir21

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
I got the 7.8 update yesterday. One annoyance I am finding is in regards to the amount of empty space between the top tile and the horizontal 'info/status bar' at the top where the time, cell/WiFi/bluetooth status indicators are. There is about 7.5 mm of space between the top of the tile and the 'info/status bar'. While I was happy to lose the gutter space on the right side of the display, there now appears to be one at the top. I don't recall the previous 7.5 tile layout having this same problem. Is anyone else seeing this on their phones (post 7.8 update)?

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
You can try resetting your phone to factory settings then try the update . Had the same trouble your talking about with the update from last year. I think an app or email account was causing the problem with the update .

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I got the 7.8 update yesterday. One annoyance I am finding is in regards to the amount of empty space between the top tile and the horizontal 'info/status bar' at the top where the time, cell/WiFi/bluetooth status indicators are. There is about 7.5 mm of space between the top of the tile and the 'info/status bar'. While I was happy to lose the gutter space on the right side of the display, there now appears to be one at the top. I don't recall the previous 7.5 tile layout having this same problem. Is anyone else seeing this on their phones (post 7.8 update)?

There was always quite a bit of space between the status bar and the top row of tiles.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has improved a LOT since the update. I've been on my phone constantly today and still have plenty left.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3