Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

Corleones

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Still waiting in Puerto Rico. Lumia 900 w/ATT. Can anyone tell me what the "Zune trick" is???

1. Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
  2. Click on Phone > Settings > Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
  3. Time to force the update. Click another button (any of the options above or below the word Update). Then click the Update button again, and this time disconnect your computer from the internet after 1-2 seconds. Do this by pulling out the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc. If it says your phone is already up to date, you didn't disconnect quickly enough and need to try this step again.
  4. Wait 30 seconds or so and Zune should display a notification that an update is available.
  5. Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.

rick717

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Quick question. I'm in Ohio, has anyone gotten an update from AT&T? AT&T was supposed to release today but, it's beginning to look like everyone but AT&T released.

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
No update for 710 in Canada yet even with the disconnect trick.

Actually the disconnect trick worked fine for me back when mango and some other updates came out but for the last few updates it doesn't work. Gives me an error saying i have no internet connection.

dav1boy

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
  1. Connect your Windows Phone to a PC and launch the Zune software
  2. Click on Phone > Settings > Update. Allow the software to tell you whether an update is available. If so, skip this guide. If not continue to the next step.
  3. Time to force the update. Click another button (any of the options above or below the word Update). Then click the Update button again, and this time disconnect your computer from the internet after 1-2 seconds. Do this by pulling out the Ethernet cable, disabling Wi-Fi, etc. If it says your phone is already up to date, you didn't disconnect quickly enough and need to try this step again.
  4. Wait 30 seconds or so and Zune should display a notification that an update is available.
  5. Now reconnect to the internet and continue with the update process through the Zune software.

just to clarify things, when you say: click phone>settings> update... as far as "update" is concerned, your talking about under "system" in the settings menu, "phone update"?? cus i dont see just "update," but "phone update." if thats the case below "phone update" in smaller font it already says "no updates found" all the time whether you exit and go back in.
also, i presume the phone has to be on cellular data and wifi turned off on the actual phone correct?
im obviously missing something here. LoL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs