Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Cable trick works for LG Optimus 7.

Set phone to airplane mode and turned off wireless after 3 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by rush_ad View Post
    Which phone on AT&T? I don't see anything for AT&T Samsung Focus Flash.
    Nokia Lumia 900

Hey guys:

Finally got update on my Lumia 900/ATT in Puerto Rico.

The Zune force trick works as Konaitor says. But, as stated by Yink Tk, you have to be patient after checking again to pull the Ethernet cable at the right time. Turning off wifi didn't work. If you pull the cable too soon or too late, you'll get an error or the up-to-date message. It worked for me after failing quite a few times and more or less timing it.

By the way, as Blushrts717 said, there is apparently for some, like me, an update for camera button, then the 7.8.

Hope you can all get update soon. God bless.
    Laura Knotek likes this.

I got the update on my LG E900! There is hope everyone.

All I did was.

Airplane Mode
    Click Update and count until it "checked update" (for me it was 7)
    Click to another page then go back to Update and I counted to 5 and then disconnected internet
    And walla it worked.

For the next update I counted to 4 to I d/c on 3.

Also, once the update is found and you click install update, reconnect your internet because it needs to download the update! If not it will cancel and you'll have to start over again.

710 is updated but it's not working for the HD7

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Phone now says 7.10 8858.136 is this the final update? Or am I going to have to keep doing this check, disconnect thing over and over again? This is the stupidest way of updating software I have ever heard of. Sorry to be short but, been trying to get this done since about 3:00 and it is now after 6:00. Only takes a few minute to update but, hours to finally get the update.

To those who updated a Lumia 900 on AT&T, how many updates did you get? I got two, update for phones without camera button, then 7.8. I had to pull the cable for each one, but ran out of time at work and came home. Is there also a firmware update? Thanks.

Can't get this to work in Central PA, USA, Lumia 900, AT&T. Freaking pathetic. Sweet lord, am I sick of WP.

Just tried to Zune trick and managed to get my Rogers Lumia to 8779, that's it so far. It's a step up though!

All done and installed Htc Titan

Telenor Denmark

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    FYI, If you are trying to use the Bluetooth Share App it still does not work on 7.8.

Nokia support told me that it is not supported on 7.8 at all, and even trying to install the app from the marketplace will great you with a message that it is not supported.

Quote Originally Posted by markwilk View Post
    Can't get this to work in Central PA, USA, Lumia 900, AT&T. Freaking pathetic. Sweet lord, am I sick of WP.
    This is jumping through hoops, but I don't believe I've seen AT&T say that the update has been officially released. We are all trying to jump the queue.

Still no luck on my HD7 in the UK with O2 branding... :( Tried the Zune method several times...

Just hit 8783 via Zune trick on my Rogers Lumia 900!

Global Posts
    176 Global Posts
    I did the Zune Trick and got it all updated.

I don't see much of a difference save for being able to change the size of the tiles.

Finally! got it using the trick after MANY attempts for my AT&T lumia 900 make sure no apps are running and you dont need to be in airplane more

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    ATT LG Quantum updating to 8779 right now from 8773. I had to unbrand it first and then do the trick.

Or you can just wait for the phone to prompt you there's an update and then proceed to install?

The cable trick is just for those who are impatient to get the update but their phones are not yet provisioned on MS side.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Got update today on my 900 through Zune. With at&t

My update has been stuck on step 6 of 9 (Restarting your phone) for almost an hour now. Should I worry yet? Should I cancel out? (L900, AT&T)

It really is a trick of the timing but I finally got my Lumia 900 updated by doing a "thousand one, thousand two" count then yanking the cable.

same here, at&t L900 central Pa. Nothing, can't even force it. Had no problems with mango being forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Pastorhss View Post
    I took YINK TKs advise. I was patient and finally notified of an update. The process took around 1/2 hour. But I noticed something weird. It just said "Nokia Update for windows phone". (no os # or anything.) Then, in the description it had two items: 1) Provides support for phones without a physical camera button. 2) Provides other windows phone improvements. TO MY SHOCK, THE UPDATE FINISHED "SUCCESSFULLY", AND NO NEW START SCREEN OR ANYTHING OTHER VISIBLE!!! NOW I JUST WANT TO SMASH THE PHONE. ANY HELP?????
    There's 3 updates total. You just got the first update. :-/

Global Posts
    772 Global Posts
    Updated to 7.8 on Lumia 900 AT&T through ethernet cable disconnect trick. It worked great with airplane mode On. There was an update before the 7.8 update.

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    Okay finally got an update (camera one) for my att lumia 900. Trick was, airplane mode and pulling the cord at 3/4 seconds.
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast