Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

shamelin73

May 20, 2012
Visit site
hit updates count to 5 then pull the connection and when it says there is an update pug back in to the network and click update.

Mind did two updates and can’t get it to do a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP]. I am on ATT in Chicago

itsall4tay

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I had wifi off on phone and airplane mode. Using Corleones method, I kept switching from update to any other and turning off wifi on the computer. I really didn't think it would work. About the 5th try it did. Good luck! Did not update to 7.8, I have 8783.12. Okay, leave the wifi on the computer off, ohhhhhh. I only received 2 updates. But I am done, thank you forum!

Last edited:

Kon-Aitor

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
Got it working, yay, had to force it unfortunately.

The trick for me was to make sure to run the check one time completely, before disconnect my network.
So basically:
  • put phone in airplane mode
  • check for update in zune
  • check for update again and disable my Ethernet port
  • bamn, had to do this twice for my lumia to get the two updates.

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Finally got the update with the tips from previous posts...
(Lumia 900/ AT&T)

Remember to:

(1) Put your phone to airplane mode
(2) Unplug the cable physically! (Turning off wifi did not work for me)

Other than that, if you see "can't check for update @!#$#@", that means you're unplugging it too soon, and if you're seeing "your phone is up to date", then as mentioned in previous posts, you didn't do it quick enough. There seems to be a specific unplugging timing for you to get the update, not too fast, but not too slow either.

Be patient guys!

I took YINK TKs advise. I was patient and finally notified of an update. The process took around 1/2 hour. But I noticed something weird. It just said "Nokia Update for windows phone". (no os # or anything.) Then, in the description it had two items: 1) Provides support for phones without a physical camera button. 2) Provides other windows phone improvements. TO MY SHOCK, THE UPDATE FINISHED "SUCCESSFULLY", AND NO NEW START SCREEN OR ANYTHING OTHER VISIBLE!!! NOW I JUST WANT TO SMASH THE PHONE. ANY HELP?????

kashk5

Mar 30, 2012
Visit site
Took a few tries but I got the Zune trick to work. It's on the first update (phones without physical camera buttons). Hopefully it goes through all the updates without me having to do the Zune trick each time.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Please remember for AT&T L900, there are two updates to get you to 7.8. I saw someone posted that for Rogers L900, there are three updates to get to 7.8.

Your final OS version shoud be 8858.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Took a few tries but I got the Zune trick to work. It's on the first update (phones without physical camera buttons). Hopefully it goes through all the updates without me having to do the Zune trick each time.

You have to. First time, I have to wait about 3 to 4 seconds. Second time, I have wait only about 1 second.

CJ Thunder

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm here in SoCal, AT&T Locked Lumia 900, Zune tricked worked. Only got two updates, second one was 7.8, but Bluetooth Share and Ringtone Maker from Nokia will not install on my phone. Ideas?

bpmurr

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Got it working, yay, had to force it unfortunately.

The trick for me was to make sure to run the check one time completely, before disconnect my network.
So basically:
  • put phone in airplane mode
  • check for update in zune
  • check for update again and disable my Ethernet port
  • bamn, had to do this twice for my lumia to get the two updates.

Thanks this worked for me and my 900. I'm located in Baltimore, MD on AT&T. Go Ravens!

Last edited:

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
connected with Zune with no problem; all updates completed; looks nice...especially after I resized the tiles. Then went to marketplace and updated any apps that indicated availability. Nice & clean.

Pastorhss

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys:

Finally got update on my Lumia 900/ATT in Puerto Rico. :cool:

The Zune force trick works as Konaitor says. But, as stated by Yink Tk, you have to be patient after checking again to pull the Ethernet cable at the right time. Turning off wifi didn't work. If you pull the cable too soon or too late, you'll get an error or the up-to-date message. It worked for me after failing quite a few times and more or less timing it.

By the way, as Blushrts717 said, there is apparently for some, like me, an update for camera button, then the 7.8.

Hope you can all get update soon. God bless.

northbyten

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I got the update on my LG E900! There is hope everyone.

All I did was.

Airplane Mode
Click Update and count until it "checked update" (for me it was 7)
Click to another page then go back to Update and I counted to 5 and then disconnected internet
And walla it worked.

For the next update I counted to 4 to I d/c on 3.

Also, once the update is found and you click install update, reconnect your internet because it needs to download the update! If not it will cancel and you'll have to start over again.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3