Check-in for 7.8 Update Through Zune, Have you gotten yours yet?

akar33

Aug 12, 2012
Visit site
What should be the version final version number for the Firmware revision number for the AT&T Lumia 900 in the US? Different people report differently. The Nokia site (Nokia Lumia 900 Overview - Nokia - USA) says 2175.2905.885x.124x0, but on the forums, people report 2175.2307.8858.12480. Note this is the firmware version, not the OS version.

Why the discrepency? Is some firmware not getting installed by doing this trick? Also ATT hasn't announced the availibility of this update so there may be a possibility that all updates don't flow through.

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What should be the version final version number for the Firmware revision number for the AT&T Lumia 900 in the US? Different people report differently. The Nokia site (Nokia Lumia 900 Overview - Nokia - USA) says 2175.2905.885x.124x0, but on the forums, people report 2175.2307.8858.12480. Note this is the firmware version, not the OS version.

Why the discrepency? Is some firmware not getting installed by doing this trick? Also ATT hasn't announced the availibility of this update so there may be a possibility that all updates don't flow through.
Don't worry. This method is legit and will install all the update that is out there officially. Mine reported firmware version 2175.2307.8858.12480. If there is a newer firmware, AT&T/Nokia hasn't released it yet but the OS update is released. If not, you will not be able to get the update even if you force it.

dav1boy

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
SUCCESS!! Im on a mac. no way no how would the trick work with OSX. so i installed win7 via bootcamp.
there were 3 updates like many have stated already. i had to do the cable trick for each. after finishing the first 2, both of which works on the first try. i finally did the last which was 7.8 and i got so happy after reading it was the "big one," that i hit the update button before reconnecting my wifi. so i had to do the procedure once more and had no problem with getting the update again on first try. phone is updating as we speak with some 7.8 goodness!

device: at&t lumia 900 w/ AP mode on
locations: WA state

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
Nothing yet - Mac OS X, Lumia 900, AT&T. Oddly, the Windows Phone connector software isn't giving me an up-to-date message OR an update found message - it just stops looking for updates. I assume this means servers are overloaded and this is a timeout, but man, sometimes I miss the Event Viewer in the Control Panel...

coffeemike

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
By the way, all the other updates ended in -o names; NoDo, Mango, Tango, Apollo, Portico. Did they name this one? I keep thinking it's WP 7.8 "Placebo".

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
So... I am successfully able to "force" the update.... but it gets stuck on step 2: downloading update 0%. It's been an hour now.....

Lumia 900, AT&T.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Finally! My old Lumia 900 got the update. Used the Zune trick. If only there was some fix, like this, for my 920!

Now, next thing to do is to give this phone to my mom, and get her off her Android (HTC One S).

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I had to force my 900 to update. Just plugged my wife's phone in and Zune found the update without any trickery. Both are 900's on at&t.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

videoouija

Apr 14, 2012
Visit site
No luck on my 900 yet with either the mac connector or zune/zune trick. Hopefully it will notify me tomorrow because I'm done trying tonight.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
So... I am successfully able to "force" the update.... but it gets stuck on step 2: downloading update 0%. It's been an hour now.....

Lumia 900, AT&T.
I had a problem earflier with it stuck with calculating memory needed to update nd the barberpole progreess thing quit turning I unplugged and replugged in and it started the update over and went right through to completion. when I initially plugged in it said update available I have been using the 920 i got a couple of weeks ago. Dont know if this infor will help you but I hope so good luck.

TeamCharles

May 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm on ATT and I upgraded mine through Zune. Didn't have any problems with the upgrade process. I really enjoy the new (for us anyways) interface. My fianc?e has the 920 and after playing with hers, I wished I had the color selection and mini-tiles. It may be purely cosmetic, but I'm happy with 7.8.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I had a problem earflier with it stuck with calculating memory needed to update nd the barberpole progreess thing quit turning I unplugged and replugged in and it started the update over and went right through to completion. when I initially plugged in it said update available I have been using the 920 i got a couple of weeks ago. Dont know if this infor will help you but I hope so good luck.

The barber pole thing is still moving. It just stays on 0%! I've tried 3 different times for a total of about 2.5 hours of waiting! aye!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven