Downgrade to 7.5 Tango

RNicholas84

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I hate to hijack this thread but is there anyway to do this if you did a clean install on your computer and don't have the revert option? I re installed Windows on my laptop and had to re download Zune. So I non longer have the revert option.

AniruddhDixit

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
@RNicholas84, I have the exact same problem. I have lost my zune restore after my laptop crashed. Now i'm stuck with wp 7.8 which i completely hate due to the audio volume quality. Did you try doing a hard reset and then trying?

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Navifirm and Nokia care suite.. You can flash any version to your phone.. If not on Nokia good luck, I heard some "other" methods brick phones...

ash29k

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure a reset removes 7.8?

no it will not. 7.8 is the os not an update. Restore or reinstall.. A reset will only kill off your apps and settings for 7.8 not reset to 7.5. Please research properly before taking advice off of someone who knows nothing.

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
no it will not. 7.8 is the os not an update. Restore or reinstall.. A reset will only kill off your apps and settings for 7.8 not reset to 7.5.

You're saying a factory reset won't wipe it all the way back? I can see that being true if the phone originally came with 7.8, but if it came with something less, that was my understanding... all the way back to the day you got your phone. That was my experience when I had to factory reset my Lumia 900 that I had updated to 7.5. Factory reset completely wiped the phone out to the day it left the factory.

joeaux

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Uh ash29k is right. If you upgrade to 7.8 a Factory Reset via the phone will put you back to a stock WP 7.8. If you can find the 7.5 ROM and flash it via Nokia Care Suite you will be back to 7.5. The XDA link above is a good start. Just read, read, read before you start flashing your phone. Know what you're doing or you'll end up with a pretty piece of polycarbonate and silicon. ;)
-joe-

smsmith1975

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Ok, thanks for the clarification. My understanding prior to this was that the phone would be brought back to the state that it was in when it left the factory, as a fail safe in the event that anything catastrophic went wrong during an update or during usage. How that would be accomplished, I don't know... possibly a ROM chip that stored an image of the original install.

Anyway, thanks again.

kki75

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
The phone flash chip includes a boot block area that's usually not altered after leaving the factory. In case anything catastrophic went wrong with the OS during update or use, the fail safe is to boot Nokia DLOAD (I think it is hold volume down + power), which has just enough functionally to enable a service PC to load/flash an OS to the phone.

Atul thengane

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
plss can anybody help me out to downgrade 7.8 to 7.5 ,after upgrading to 7.8 i can't access my phone book ,cant read msgs, wifi,about and so..... plss help me out m in trouble just let me procedure and software to downgrade plsssssss

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99