Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By smsmith1975
  • 1 Post By Microsoftjunkie
  • 1 Post By smsmith1975
  • 1 Post By ash29k

is there a way to downgrade my lumia 900 to 7.5 Tango? I'm not happy with 7.8 on it =/

You'll have to reset to factory, and then run updates through Zune, but stop before you get to the 7.8 update.
    WavingReds likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by WavingReds View Post
    is there a way to downgrade my lumia 900 to 7.5 Tango? I'm not happy with 7.8 on it =/
    You should be able to just run Zune, check for an update, and you should be prompted with an option to revert back to previous.
    Thanked by:
    WavingReds likes this.

Yeah, I forgot about the restore point that was supposed to be made when you updated!
    Thanked by:
    WavingReds likes this.

Ok, thanks guys! much appreciated, will try when I get home!!!

I hate to hijack this thread but is there anyway to do this if you did a clean install on your computer and don't have the revert option? I re installed Windows on my laptop and had to re download Zune. So I non longer have the revert option.

@RNicholas84, I have the exact same problem. I have lost my zune restore after my laptop crashed. Now i'm stuck with wp 7.8 which i completely hate due to the audio volume quality. Did you try doing a hard reset and then trying?

I believe your other alternative is to flash it backwards to 7.5

Nokia Lumia 900 - xda-developers may have the answer that you're looking for!

Navifirm and Nokia care suite.. You can flash any version to your phone.. If not on Nokia good luck, I heard some "other" methods brick phones...

Quote Originally Posted by smsmith1975 View Post
    You'll have to reset to factory, and then run updates through Zune, but stop before you get to the 7.8 update.
    Are you sure a reset removes 7.8?

Quote Originally Posted by scdkad View Post
    Are you sure a reset removes 7.8?
    no it will not. 7.8 is the os not an update. Restore or reinstall.. A reset will only kill off your apps and settings for 7.8 not reset to 7.5. Please research properly before taking advice off of someone who knows nothing.
    Kiraly Attila likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ash29k View Post
    no it will not. 7.8 is the os not an update. Restore or reinstall.. A reset will only kill off your apps and settings for 7.8 not reset to 7.5.
    You're saying a factory reset won't wipe it all the way back? I can see that being true if the phone originally came with 7.8, but if it came with something less, that was my understanding... all the way back to the day you got your phone. That was my experience when I had to factory reset my Lumia 900 that I had updated to 7.5. Factory reset completely wiped the phone out to the day it left the factory.

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    Uh ash29k is right. If you upgrade to 7.8 a Factory Reset via the phone will put you back to a stock WP 7.8. If you can find the 7.5 ROM and flash it via Nokia Care Suite you will be back to 7.5. The XDA link above is a good start. Just read, read, read before you start flashing your phone. Know what you're doing or you'll end up with a pretty piece of polycarbonate and silicon. ;)
    -joe-
    Had 'em all. Every iPhone since day one, Androids out the ****.
    DVP, Lumia 900, now a Yellow 920. Windows Phone is elegant, simple. Nuff Said.
    Some Stuff

Ok, thanks for the clarification. My understanding prior to this was that the phone would be brought back to the state that it was in when it left the factory, as a fail safe in the event that anything catastrophic went wrong during an update or during usage. How that would be accomplished, I don't know... possibly a ROM chip that stored an image of the original install.

Anyway, thanks again.

The phone flash chip includes a boot block area that's usually not altered after leaving the factory. In case anything catastrophic went wrong with the OS during update or use, the fail safe is to boot Nokia DLOAD (I think it is hold volume down + power), which has just enough functionally to enable a service PC to load/flash an OS to the phone.

plss can anybody help me out to downgrade 7.8 to 7.5 ,after upgrading to 7.8 i can't access my phone book ,cant read msgs, wifi,about and so..... plss help me out m in trouble just let me procedure and software to downgrade plsssssss

i try it an it not workin