NEED HELP! Lumia 900 on T-Mobile - shows LTE, but says no data connection

mikeyfernandez

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I had been having problems with my AT&T HTC 8X on T-Mobile. It was not able to send and receive pictures via MMS. In case anybody is experiencing this issue, my solution was as to add an mms apn of epc.t-mobile.com

I also had to add the following settings in the mms apn section

WAP gateway URL: http://216.155.165.50
WAP gateway port: 8080
MMSC (URL): http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
MMSC port: 80

Where did you find that? Because there was no MMS APN menu for me to input that information.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Now here is the really weird thing. Lumia 900, latest firm and software, LTE runs like a charm with the above mentioned APN settings, BUT:
- MMS do not work anymore when on LTE, which might have to do with the APN setting, but the 900 does not allow to enter multiple apn settings, at least not for me under ATT firmware
- On LTE, internet sharing does not work either.

If I force it out of LTE into 4G (##3282# settings 3g Only)...it will go back to 4G and internet sharing and MMS work.

Blumby

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I believe the answer is to use the Network App, add an APN, and enter the following settings:

Internet APN
Access point name = fast.tmobile.com

MMS APN
MMS Access point name = epc.tmobile.com
Proxy Address = 216.155.165.50
Proxy port = 8080
MMSC address = http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc

Leave all other fields blank. Hope this works for everyone.:smile:

Blumby

May 30, 2013
Visit site
I have contacted T-mobile several times in regards to this issue and they just keep giving me a run around. It seems that maybe we are limited to HSPA+. If you go to the ##3282# menu and enable the 3G only setting then the 4G and MMS work together but no LTE.

paula christen

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I live in 55406 and i tried all the apn changes and i would be able to send one pix message and no data, sometimes wouldn't even be able to send one px mess. the ONLY solution i found that worked was forcing back to 4g per "Slotti's" instructions above. thank you slotti.
(unlocked att lumia 900 using prepay t-mobile)

doglogh

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
Can you clarify what you mean by "which 3g option"?

There is only one 3g option. When you enter ##3283# the field test menu will popup. Ignore all those options and click the three dots on the bottom right corner to bring up the menu.
Click "Settings"- Network Type will be set to 2G in the next screen. Change it to 3G and Data and mms will work.

Last edited:

Peppy431

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
It is possible to use LTE with internet sharing, but you have to pay $15/mos for the Smartphone Mobile HotSpot service. The trick is to enable internet sharing while phone is using Edge or 3G connection or you'll get the AT&T message. I'm able to do this by immediately turning on internet sharing after I power up the phone as it doesn't immediately connect to LTE. First it connects to Edge, then 3G, then LTE. It takes about a minute which is plenty of time for me to enable internet sharing. You could also accomplish this by using the ##3282# method, selecting 3G only, enable internet sharing, then switch it to automatic. When it connects to LTE, internet sharing stays on.

If you do this without adding the mobile hotspot service you'll be directed to a t-mobile page when you try to access the internet on your tethered device.

solomon chasteen

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
if you use the nokia network selector app. you can add both internet and MSS APN. however I still am unsuccessful at getting the MMS to work under the LTE unless I power cycle the phone and then there is a small window for the upload or download while the phone decides which network 2G,3G, LTE it wants to settle on.

solomon chasteen

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Everyone please listen. If you have a unlocked Nokia lumina 900 and T-mobile service you will have data and MMS problems when TMO go to LTE. DO NOT FRET. Here is the solution. 1st down load the Nokia network setup app. 2 load the following APN in both the internet APN and the MMS APN locations fast.t-mobile.com 3 on the MMS apn there is a setting for MMSC Server you must add the following http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc DO not use epc.tmobile.com as the MMS apn it will not work since the device is now on LTE.

Peter Kuznicki

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Configured apn and mms apn with fast.t-mobile.com and the mmsc address and I'm still unable to send and receive picture msg on T-mobile LTE :( .. please advice

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett