Internet sharing

Fred P

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
what does "not let me" mean? do you get an error message? or you dont have the internet sharing option under settings?

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Some carriers can block internet tethering functionality on smartphones. Check if your data plan supports Wi-Fi tethering.

Derausgewanderte

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
If your plan does include tethering option, then I recommend calling att or visit a local store for help. I have a 3gb plan on 2 phones and I am planning to switch to a mobile share plan as well. The 3gb does not allow tethering and I am getting the same message you get. Good luck.

slotti

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
You will have to reset your phone to factory settings and DO NOT run any network tool (e.g. Nokia Network Setup) afterwards.
The network tools somehow screw up the internet sharing. Also, if you have LTE in your area, it most likely will generate the same error.
Type ##3282# go to settings (lower right) and switch to 3G. Even if it is set to 3G, make sure you scroll to it once more. Plus, make sure you are on the latest firmware.

Angel Casilla

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you. It looks like i'll have to reset my phone anyway becouse i can't search music in the marketplace. There is any form to make a backup of my aplications and contacts?

Need4Geek

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Your contacts are automatically saved to your Microsoft Account, and they'll sync again once you set up your account on your Windows Phone.
When you reset your phone, make sure you don't have any important data inside the apps (like game saves) because they will be erased and you can't restore them. By the way, you can download again any purchased app as well as free apps you had on your phone, just go to windowsphone.com, log in and click on the Purchase history link under your profile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OFFSET