Lumia 900 screen wont turn off?

Blair Thiessen

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
For the past week or so my Lumia 900 turn off the screen after ANY period of time.

If I use the phone and then leave it previously the screen would turn off after 1min (as set). Now the screen will stay on indefinitely.

Hitting the power button once turns the screen off briefly but then about half a second later it displays the lock screen. Hitting the power button a second time makes the screen actually stay off.

Now the above I could honestly live with, just remember to hit the power button twice and good to go. Well it gets worse, when I get a notification (text, facebook, email, calendar) of any kind the screen comes on and stays on. The biggest problem is sometimes it's in my pocket and if I don't check it when I finally do along with my notifications I missed is a half (or more) eaten battery).

Has anyone seen this? Is there any known fix? I've tried changing the screen lock time to different values and even performed a factory reset on the phone and the issue still is present.

Trying to hold off till some Canadian carriers get the 1020 or 925.

Thanks

webdave

Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
My wife's Focus Flash does this every once in a while. The fix for her is removing the battery for a minute or two. We haven't found the cause of the problem yet.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
You can try running the Diagnostics app (##634# in the dialer) and see if you can find out if something isn't working. That might be a good place to start.

sdreamer

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
One last thing you can try is check the headphone port and see if there is any debris in there. You can try using canned air and see if that could dislodge anything in there. Another possibility is a button, most likely the capcitative buttons, might be malfunctioning and are stuck in the on state, preventing the screen from turning off. Maybe try cleaning them off if they aren't already. That's about all I can think of that might cause a pass in diagnostics while being broken.

brianone1

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Blair - did you ever resolve this? My wife's phone is showing the same symptoms and the diagnostics don't show up anything. Compressed air didn't make any difference either. Tried switching off and on etc, soft reset...

thanks in advance!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon