If something is "wrong"(wink wink nudge) with your At&t L900 and you have insurance

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Re: If something is "wrong"(wink wink nudge) with your At&t L900 and you have insurance

Hmmmmm....

Waiting for that rush of users that all of a sudden can't connect to the internet. Bet the copay is not pleasant.

Alteran195

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: If something is "wrong"(wink wink nudge) with your At&t L900 and you have insurance

I dont know much of anything about ATTs insurance, I know its a monthly charge but nothing other than that. Do you have any other specifics about it? Was there anything they had to pay other than the monthly fee?

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site

Scamming companies is just as bad as companies scamming you. That is awesome for people who genuinely have 900 problems, but suggesting people find something wrong or create something wrong isn't right.

AKA, don't be a cheap (you know what), just buy a 920 if you want it.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

I am not in favor of "scamming" anyone, but I cancelled my insurance, and here is why:

When my beloved Samsung Focus S met with the ground one time too many, the screen stopped responding and other problems just made it unusable (stupid, stupid gravity). So, having Insurance, I did what I think was within my rights: I called the company.

1) You pay a monthly fee.
2) You need to pay a copay. In the case of my year and a half old "S", it was 199.00 dollars.
3) You do not get a new device for this. You get the refurbished device someone else turned in. A used, repaired one.

At that price, no chance. My wife's Titan 2 was the same price, my Daughters Samsung Captivate Glide (discontinued at the time) and my son's Sony Xperia XL were 150.00. That is painful and not worth it.

As a general rule, insurance of any kind has become a one sided affair. I got my wife a brand new in box Samsung Galaxy Note for less. My son now has a Motorola Atrix HD. Both older devices, but new and unrepaired.

My point?? Not sure if I have one. Check the copay, and understand you are getting a second hand 920. If you are having problems, decide for yourself. But if your copay is 150.00-200.00 dollars, odds are no one is ripping off the insurance company.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

I dunno... I've had warranty swaps on more than a few occasions with different phones, and not once did I ever receive a refurbished phone. Or at least it looked brand new with all the original packaging and plastic wrap-sticky-thingy and not a single scratch on the screen or body. A few months ago I called 611 because my 920 bricked doing a hard reset and they sent me a brand new phone. Then again today I had to swap out my 920 again, because I gave it to my wife since I upgraded to the 1020. The thing bricked on me again when I did another hard reset. I walked into an att service center this time and they gave me a brand new phone. I'm pretty sure warranty and insurance exchanged device come from the same att stock, unless you go straight to the phone manufacturer.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

Asurion is the handset insurance provider for AT&T, and I think they are for Verizon as well. I have never recieved a new handset, and in our dozen years of cell phone usage we have done an insurance exchange three times. When we agree to the terms for the exchange, they even state it will be a refurbished handset and record your response.

On the up side, doing it through insurance gives you a 12 month warrenty. If you need to turn in your 900 and get a 920 that messes up in three months, they will exchange it. I sure didn't get that when paying out of pocket for replacement devices.

ninjaap

Dec 10, 2008
Visit site

Asurion is the handset insurance provider for AT&T, and I think they are for Verizon as well. I have never recieved a new handset, and in our dozen years of cell phone usage we have done an insurance exchange three times. When we agree to the terms for the exchange, they even state it will be a refurbished handset and record your response.

On the up side, doing it through insurance gives you a 12 month warrenty. If you need to turn in your 900 and get a 920 that messes up in three months, they will exchange it. I sure didn't get that when paying out of pocket for replacement devices.

Oh okay. Never did get phone insurance before, so I did not know they came from an independent company.

drjekel_mrhyde

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

It's not the Insurance it's if it's still under warranty(At&t reps still sold the L900 even when the L920 was months old). She just told me that the woman was trying to push her to a SG3 but she wanted to stay with Windows so she got a L920

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site

It's not the Insurance it's if it's still under warranty(At&t reps still sold the L900 even when the L920 was months old). She just told me that the woman was trying to push her to a SG3 but she wanted to stay with Windows so she got a L920

That is very true. AT&T handles all returns themselves for the first year. I suppose that would be the best case scenario, paying for a 900 earlier this year, having it get discontinued, and then getting a 920 for an exchange if your 900 craps out. Considering the 900 was free or next to nothing on contract, and the 920 was 100$.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

It would be hard to prove whether or not you were commiting insurance fraud since most Windows Phones aren't exploited to the degree of an Android or iOS device. Your phone stopped working, you think dropping it on the floor might have something to do with it. Because it had physical damage, the warranty would not apply. It isn't like Asurion will try to replicate your issues. They will attempt to repair the phone and potentially bring it back into circulation for the next insurance replacement.

Now, if you were exercising a warranty replacement, that is another story. Sending AT&T a device back that has been knowingly modified and tampered with in exchange for a new or like new replacement is subject to the non-returned fee associated with your device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3