So who's getting one on release day?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
i'll get one as soon as possible, probably the white version. I really like the yellow and red, but I'm concerned about it limiting my theme color choices, plus I'm not sure if I can pull off one of those colors in my day to day life ;)

hellomiggy

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
Think of it this way, the iPhone 4S is just a little more of a step up from the iPhone 4. I think this is the 4S of the 900. It has some change NFC, better Camera, WP8, RAM, and Dual-Core. Seems worth it, surprised we didn't see a quad-core, probably because NOKIA doesn't have the money for it... Yet. My upgrade is November of next year... I might pay full price for it.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
As soon a pre orders begin, I'm in and probably going with Yellow. The 920 is more than likely going to be an AT&T exclusive so I'm in luck. I just hope it's prices are similar to the 900 which was $449 since I'm getting it off contract.

Ouch... I hope they're similar with the discount. I ended up receiving $50 back after the credits accessories.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
90% sure I'm getting one on launch day. Only a miracle showing by Apple next Wednesday or a delayed WP8 launch would make me reconsider. As far as color choice goes, I'm thinking silver/gray. I like the yellow and red, but I think silver/gray will be more professional-looking. And very few of the accent colors will clash with silver/gray.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I'd LOVE to get one, but it depends on pricing, availability, and network compatibility.

For one, I'm on a pretty tight budget, the $450 pricing of the 900 on AT&T or $475 on Robbers, ahem, Rogers, wireless, is quite attractive. If I could pick up one of these between $500 and $550, I'd snap one up in a heartbeat.

Availability is also something that concerns me, Rogers released the 900 more than a month after AT&T, and only in black. Cyan didn't come to Canada until July, and even today it's quite limited and difficult to find.

Network compatibility also disappointed me a bit, for a top end smartphone I would've liked AWS support for WIND or Mobilicity here in Canada, or T-Mobile south of the border. However, our regional carrier has some nice LTE deals, but it's still a little disappointing that there's no 1700 support. I wish that like Samsung with the GSIII, all major manufacturers supported the AWS spectrum on their high end devices.

With all that being said though, I don't know if I can even afford it then. I'm in the midst of upgrading my PC, and the components aren't cheap. However, if the 920 really is a nice device, I'll grab one in red or yellow.

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
By the way, does anybody know if the 920's display is comparable to the 900's/820's in terms of black levels and colour deepness? A few months ago while in the states at an AT&T store, I was considering purchasing a new WP. I compared the Lumia and the Titan, which isn't available up here, but instantly fell in love with the 900 because of its beautiful display. I loved how the blackness of the display just flowed seamlessly with the bezel, and how the colours popped. Compared to the Titan's Super LCD, it just looked so much better. Any idea on how the 920's display compares? Do the colours pop and are the blacks as deep?

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I will be almost certainly getting a WP8 very soon to general availability. I will be due for my new device on my carrier contract. I like the Nokia, the camera looks good, and the Nokia apps are a kind of killer feature in their own right. But the lack of AMOLED on the screen has me wondering just a little bit.

I will probably wait a few days to see what the blogs, particularly this site, says in the invariable comparo between the Ativ S and the 920. And of course, I'll have to go check out both personally in the AT&T store. Barring some unforeseen circumstances, I will be carrying the winner of those two devices before Christmas.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Only thing i'm wondering is why did they not have cyan version of this. All of the accessories and Lumia 820 come in cyan. Looove the cyan color on my Lumia 800.

Maybe cyan is the new white? Nokia N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 all came in white variant after 1-4 months of sales.

I'am liking the grey Lumia 920. Red is my favorite color, but not sure if i want my L920 in red.

Chinu77

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site

so i will definitly get it as soon as possible but i hope those color options are available maybe just white black or something that would be really depressing.
So im sure would micrsoft be sooner ready with wp 8 nokia would it release earlier.
The best on market display the best camera the best exclusive apps and top hardware.
For alll guys the S4 MSM8960 is on the level of tegra 3 at least und which other chip should they deliver the s4 quad core istn ready to ship yet and other manufacters exynos chip? no also when you looked at videos of the 920 its amazing fast nokia like a n d r o i d:excl:

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
quite possibly...

...well, it will depend on a few factors but... it is definitely a solid possibility that I will be picking one of these up as soon as they are available.

Basically, I need to have it in my hand to see in person how it looks/feels/works for me (this is where having a Microsoft Store just a few miles down the road from my office will come in very handy). Then, if the phone is as good as I think it is, the big question will be what carriers is it going to be available on. If it's AT+T only (or, perhaps AT+T and Verizon) then I'll be quite annoyed (but not surprised) and will need to decide how willing I am to pay the ETF to get out of my T-Mobile contract early. If, by some miracle, t-mo gets it too (not betting on this happening), well then it'll be pretty much a no brainer for me. I like what I've seen so far. Can't wait to have one in hand and see the rest. :cool:

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
As of right now, if Verizon got this tomorrow, I would sign a 2 year for it....

All depends on what the others have to show...HTC, Samsing etc... Can't say 100% but, the Lumia 920 is one hot phone and besides the lack of a MicroSD card slot (WHY??????) it is the perfect phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss