Why no Cyan Blue Lumia 920?

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
So Mary Jo Foley and I asked about the colors...

They are indeed trying to eliminate confusion of the current generation and new generation, BUT they also said that based on the popularity of cyan, it is "definitely possible we will bring it back."

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Just because you don't like cyan doesn't mean others don't have it as their favourites.

**** I spent money to import a cyan cover for my 710 before Nokia announced them for free. And I'm not a fan of the 820 (No HD Display, Glossy, not as nice design).

With both the 800 and 900, I'm pretty sure that cyan was the second most popular colour after black. White and Magenta were distant. They are basically telling anyone who loves their matte cyan 800 or 900 that they don't want their business this round.

You might think thats what they are telling you. That's not the way i am reading the tea leaves. Thats your opinion that does not make your opinion fact anymore than my opinion is fact. If you dont want a 920 at all because you cant get one in cyan then dont get it. I got a black 900 and I supect that I may get the red 920 I have a red gel case on my 900 and also a black amser case/holster. Its whats inside the case and shows up on the screen that makes a real difference to me. The case is just what holds it together

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
You might think thats what they are telling you. That's not the way i am reading the tea leaves. Thats your opinion that does not make your opinion fact anymore than my opinion is fact. If you dont want a 920 at all because you cant get one in cyan then dont get it. I got a black 900 and I supect that I may get the red 920 I have a red gel case on my 900 and also a black amser case/holster. Its whats inside the case and shows up on the screen that makes a real difference to me. The case is just what holds it together

Well, if you look at the poll in the 900 forum, the cyan color is right below the black in terms of popularity. While that isn't necessarily strongly indicative of the total ratio, I would say the cyan is a popular choice that a lot of people want to see return, including me.

I'm not sure why Nokia thinks having different colors for each generation is the way to go. If you're going to buy a smartphone, you should at least put in minimal effort to be able to distinguish one model from another. After all, the black and white are returning. If cyan were a continuous color each generation for Nokia phones, then it would follow in that same vein: something that isn't strictly associated with one phone in particular, which is what I assume Nokia is afraid of.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Watch, they'll release cyan a quarter later, not unlike the white and pink 900s.

This is what i'm thinking.

Cyan could essentially be the new white for Nokia. White variant of N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 got released 1-3 months after the initial release.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Ironic. Cyan is what put Lumia on the map. I have a black 900 and nobody noticed it until I put a cyan gel case on it.

I hope that Nokia atleast offer a cyan gel case for the 920.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I've never had any cellphones/smartphones in any color but black prior to my cyan L900.

If cyan is not a color choice for the L920, I'd have to choose black again, since I find yellow and red horrid looking.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Of course, if they do decide to release Cyan at some point, it will most likely be a glossy finish. Will fans of the current Lumia 900 be ok with that?

damowynne

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
i held out from buying a Cyan Lumia 900 not out of choice but because it was only available in Black on Vodafone in the UK. taking that into consideration i ended up getting a Galaxy Nexus android phone, which has great specs but poor build quality. if the 920 was available in Matte CYAN, i would purchace as soon as it was available. if it is not i will see it as a significant let down, especially when they are producing all the wirreless and NFC assesories in Black, White, Yellow and CYAN!Overview - Nokia Lumia 920 Accessories - Nokia
someone should start some sort of official poll saying we all demand the CYAN 920!

pwaikon

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with the fact that Nokia doesn't have Cyan 920 in the pipeline. I always choose my color from the ones that are available (I don't have specific favorite colors for everything) and so for the Lumia 800 I chose cyan 'cos the magenta was too pink for my taste and black was boring (white wasn't available when I ordered the 800). After having my Lumia 800 for 7 months I have come to a conclusion that cyan is not my preferred color option for a mobile phone so if and when I'm gonna get the Lumia 920 I think I'm gonna choose the grey one, 'cos it's matte and most "neutral" color of the five. Red and yellow are too striking to my eyes, white is glossy and black is boring (again :p)

Each for their own I guess ;)

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm fine with the fact that Nokia doesn't have Cyan 920 in the pipeline. I always choose my color from the ones that are available (I don't have specific favorite colors for everything) and so for the Lumia 800 I chose cyan 'cos the magenta was too pink for my taste and black was boring (white wasn't available when I ordered the 800). After having my Lumia 800 for 7 months I have come to a conclusion that cyan is not my preferred color option for a mobile phone so if and when I'm gonna get the Lumia 920 I think I'm gonna choose the grey one, 'cos it's matte and most "neutral" color of the five. Red and yellow are too striking to my eyes, white is glossy and black is boring (again :p)

Each for their own I guess ;)
I won't be getting anything new until next spring. Now that I see grey is an option, I'll probably get grey if cyan is not released by then.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I like cyan. But mainly because I was originally hoping for a deep blue.

Without that available, cyan was the only other blue. So it's look grew on me.

I do like the new yellow and red though. But maybe I'm just too much of a show off. LoL

I happen to believe that both red and yellow go awesome with black. So with the black front screen area, yellow and red make sense as color options. They'd also be perfect for any black decals on the back.

I was also thinking that a yellow phone works well for this upcoming season when I'm rooting for the Lakers! I could yell at the guys across the room using their Heat red phones.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I had plans on getting a cyan 900 until I saw it in person. I personally felt it looked cheaper and went with black. My gf has cyan and loves it.

damowynne

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Evidence of Cyan 920 in the Wild????
at 31 seconds this video shows a CYAN coloured lumia device, and the screen says "THIS IS LUMIA, NEW NOKIA LUMIA 920". is this proof the 920 will be available in the unanounced matte Cyan?? or is it an 820 device with 920 information being shown on it (weird). the video is very dark, so it hard to tell is the device a 920 or 820..

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApOXomjLGx8&feature=player_detailpage[/YT]

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I think it's odd they didn't include cyan, but I'm more for them diversifying the colors overall. I mean, a YELLOW phone? That's awesome! Talk about standing out in the crowd.

Though that would make picking tile accents for it difficult.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
priya8923