Why no Cyan Blue Lumia 920?

experiment 626

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
I really like the hardware upgrades Nokia made on their flagship Lumia series but why isn't Cyan offered as a initial release color? I thought Cyan was Nokia's trademark color for it's WP smartphones? Red,Yellow,White....and Grey? I don't mind different colors but wasn't Blue their 2nd best seller,next to Black?

Last edited:

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm with You! I got the 800 in Black due to impatience :-/ And now I really wanted some if that Cyan goodness but, no.... Sad now.... Want to see the grey in real life before I decide, but might have to go black again.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

jd914

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want Cyan again? It would just get confused with the new models. Nokia has moved on. There are way better cool colors to choose from anyway. I'm deciding between yellow and red.

ljkelley

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want Cyan again? It would just get confused with the new models. Nokia has moved on. There are way better cool colors to choose from anyway. I'm deciding between yellow and red.

Just because you don't like cyan doesn't mean others don't have it as their favourites.

**** I spent money to import a cyan cover for my 710 before Nokia announced them for free. And I'm not a fan of the 820 (No HD Display, Glossy, not as nice design).

With both the 800 and 900, I'm pretty sure that cyan was the second most popular colour after black. White and Magenta were distant. They are basically telling anyone who loves their matte cyan 800 or 900 that they don't want their business this round.

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I totally agree, the red looks decent to me, and I'm not a huge fan of the yellow (but hey, it'll grow on me I'm sure!), but I miss the cyan already. Also, I don t know why Nokia would go with a glossy backing, the matte finish of the 800/900 looks and most likely feels better, IMO. I wa never a fan of the glossy white 900, anyways.

Sparkyscrum

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Ideally I wanted lime but not even my second choice Cyan?

That's not great Nokia. It kinda puts a dent in my plans as I don't want a white/grey/red phone and black is, well, boring to me.

I guess now I'm going to have to wait to see a yellow device before deciding.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
From my somewhat whacky crystal ball, thinking that AT&T will release an exclusive "cyan" L920. You know, big blue and all that. The cherry can go to Verizon and Sprint can get the Banana yellow (wishful thinking for you deprived Verizon and Sprint customers). Looks like T-Mobile will have to settle for an 820 though. Hey, its possible.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I just don't understand the Dark Gray.Nokia seems to want bright,stand-out colors for their flagship 900 series.

But they also need black and gray for the conservative people who I was one of. I thought for sure I'd do the grey, but now I'm leaning towards yellow and possibly red.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'm also hoping to see a cyan device.

I'm planning to get a cyan Surface Pro tablet, and I'd like a new Nokia that matches my Surface Pro.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
It will come.

My wife was more bummed that there was no magenta since I just won some Nokia Pink nail polish that matches the magenta phones perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb