Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    I really like the hardware upgrades Nokia made on their flagship Lumia series but why isn't Cyan offered as a initial release color? I thought Cyan was Nokia's trademark color for it's WP smartphones? Red,Yellow,White....and Grey? I don't mind different colors but wasn't Blue their 2nd best seller,next to Black?
    Last edited by experiment626; 09-05-2012 at 11:36 PM.

Global Posts
    1,160 Global Posts
    I'm with You! I got the 800 in Black due to impatience :-/ And now I really wanted some if that Cyan goodness but, no.... Sad now.... Want to see the grey in real life before I decide, but might have to go black again.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Another vote for cyan.

Red looks ok, but its still no cyan.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    Why would you want Cyan again? It would just get confused with the new models. Nokia has moved on. There are way better cool colors to choose from anyway. I'm deciding between yellow and red.
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    Why would you want Cyan again? It would just get confused with the new models. Nokia has moved on. There are way better cool colors to choose from anyway. I'm deciding between yellow and red.
    Just because you don't like cyan doesn't mean others don't have it as their favourites.

**** I spent money to import a cyan cover for my 710 before Nokia announced them for free. And I'm not a fan of the 820 (No HD Display, Glossy, not as nice design).

With both the 800 and 900, I'm pretty sure that cyan was the second most popular colour after black. White and Magenta were distant. They are basically telling anyone who loves their matte cyan 800 or 900 that they don't want their business this round.
    Momichi likes this.

This does upset me a lot

Cyan I'm fine with not being an option but I am disappointed there is no blue option of any kind.
    Momichi likes this.

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I totally agree, the red looks decent to me, and I'm not a huge fan of the yellow (but hey, it'll grow on me I'm sure!), but I miss the cyan already. Also, I don t know why Nokia would go with a glossy backing, the matte finish of the 800/900 looks and most likely feels better, IMO. I wa never a fan of the glossy white 900, anyways.

Global Posts
    224 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm partial to Cyan as well. Kind of disappointing.

Ideally I wanted lime but not even my second choice Cyan?

That's not great Nokia. It kinda puts a dent in my plans as I don't want a white/grey/red phone and black is, well, boring to me.

I guess now I'm going to have to wait to see a yellow device before deciding.

Global Posts
    1,420 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkyscrum View Post
    Ideally I wanted lime but not even my second choice Cyan?
    A Neon/Lime Green would have been awesome.Maybe Orange as well. Sorry, I just don't understand the Dark Gray.Nokia seems to want bright,stand-out colors for their flagship 900 series.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Cyan + matte would have been phenomenal.

Global Posts
    2,259 Global Posts
    From my somewhat whacky crystal ball, thinking that AT&T will release an exclusive "cyan" L920. You know, big blue and all that. The cherry can go to Verizon and Sprint can get the Banana yellow (wishful thinking for you deprived Verizon and Sprint customers). Looks like T-Mobile will have to settle for an 820 though. Hey, its possible.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro
    Nokia Lumia 900 - OS: 7.10.8112.7 - Firmware: 2175.1002.8112.12084
    HTC Surround - OS: 7.10.8107.79 - Firmware: 2250.21.40500.502
    Reflexx and Laura Knotek like this.

I'd actually prefer to see their "Nokia Blue" instead of a Cyan
    DrSaiko likes this.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Reading the other threads, it seems the black and grey will be matte. Hmmm, choices...

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJKelley View Post
    Just because you don't like cyan doesn't mean others don't have it as their favourites.
    Look at my avatar and look at my signature :rolleyes:
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    CYAN all the way!
    Nokia Lumia 920 | Rogers Wireless Canada
    HP Touchpad 32GB CM 9 ICS

Quote Originally Posted by experiment626 View Post
    Sorry, I just don't understand the Dark Gray.Nokia seems to want bright,stand-out colors for their flagship 900 series.
    But they also need black and gray for the conservative people who I was one of. I thought for sure I'd do the grey, but now I'm leaning towards yellow and possibly red.

You get treated in life the way you teach people to treat you.― Wayne W. Dyer
    ;)

Global Posts
    32,436 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    I'm also hoping to see a cyan device.

I'm planning to get a cyan Surface Pro tablet, and I'd like a new Nokia that matches my Surface Pro.

It will come.

My wife was more bummed that there was no magenta since I just won some Nokia Pink nail polish that matches the magenta phones perfectly.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,526 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed that there is no cyan for the 920. To me that is a much better looking color than the yellow or red.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    So Mary Jo Foley and I asked about the colors...

They are indeed trying to eliminate confusion of the current generation and new generation, BUT they also said that based on the popularity of cyan, it is "definitely possible we will bring it back."
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    Watch, they'll release cyan a quarter later, not unlike the white and pink 900s.

Global Posts
    2,414 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LJKelley View Post

**** I spent money to import a cyan cover for my 710 before Nokia announced them for free. And I'm not a fan of the 820 (No HD Display, Glossy, not as nice design).

With both the 800 and 900, I'm pretty sure that cyan was the second most popular colour after black. White and Magenta were distant. They are basically telling anyone who loves their matte cyan 800 or 900 that they don't want their business this round.
    You might think thats what they are telling you. That's not the way i am reading the tea leaves. Thats your opinion that does not make your opinion fact anymore than my opinion is fact. If you dont want a 920 at all because you cant get one in cyan then dont get it. I got a black 900 and I supect that I may get the red 920 I have a red gel case on my 900 and also a black amser case/holster. Its whats inside the case and shows up on the screen that makes a real difference to me. The case is just what holds it together
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jfa1 View Post
    You might think thats what they are telling you. That's not the way i am reading the tea leaves. Thats your opinion that does not make your opinion fact anymore than my opinion is fact. If you dont want a 920 at all because you cant get one in cyan then dont get it. I got a black 900 and I supect that I may get the red 920 I have a red gel case on my 900 and also a black amser case/holster. Its whats inside the case and shows up on the screen that makes a real difference to me. The case is just what holds it together
    Well, if you look at the poll in the 900 forum, the cyan color is right below the black in terms of popularity. While that isn't necessarily strongly indicative of the total ratio, I would say the cyan is a popular choice that a lot of people want to see return, including me.

I'm not sure why Nokia thinks having different colors for each generation is the way to go. If you're going to buy a smartphone, you should at least put in minimal effort to be able to distinguish one model from another. After all, the black and white are returning. If cyan were a continuous color each generation for Nokia phones, then it would follow in that same vein: something that isn't strictly associated with one phone in particular, which is what I assume Nokia is afraid of.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast