Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By EvanKr
  • 1 Post By gtbuzz
  • 1 Post By wolf1891

Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Or is the grey matte finish like the 900? Nokia should have at least one color that is matte for people that don't like glossy.

Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
    I read somewhere in a review that the grey 920 had a matte finish.

And from this video it looks like the black one has a matte finish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorki247 View Post
    And from this video it looks like the black one has a matte finish as well.

when he scroll down and up touch experien really amazing its Fluid like someone moving his finger on a water surface not phone screen
    Last edited by torchxit; 09-05-2012 at 10:55 PM.

Global Posts
    8,085 Global Posts
    Better image of the black:

(from PC Mag).

Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    It's too bad that only the bland colours are matte, I'm really not a fan of glossy electronics.
    3migo likes this.

Global Posts
    449 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Better image of the black:
    Click to view quoted image

(from PC Mag).
    I suppose Black or Grey would be my choice then. I'm not sure about the glossy finish either.

Glossy looks okay right up until the point when people start touching it. The glossy display ones in The Verge and Engadget hands-on reviews looked gross because of all the fingerprints. I'll stick with matte.

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I think the grey looks gorgeous.

Global Posts
    1,763 Global Posts

any video with a Grey device...?
    Thanked by:

I love the contrast between the Lumias large dark display and the bright body.
    Thats the reason why im gonna pick up a matte grey or a glossy white Lumia 920.
    I would prefer matte phones, but as it seems, glossy is the new Lumia style and no one cares about fingerprints :-(

Great looking phone though.

Cheers,
    Tom

Dunno about everyone else, but I'm really digging that glossy yellow finish. I think I like it even better than if it were matte yellow. To each his own I suppose.
    jfa1 likes this.

Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    Really hope the black/grey version is matte. Call me superficial but it would be a deal breaker for me. From past experience glossy phones just end up looking real bad, real fast. Yes I could get a cover/case but I prefer my equipment unadorned (giggidy)

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I need a proof that the gray one will be mate if it is... I might go with it currently thinking 820 or 920... hard decision.

Global Posts
    240 Global Posts
    Thank god the black is not glossy, i don't like the look/feel of glossy colors.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiatounes View Post
    Thank god the black is not glossy, i don't like the look/feel of glossy colors.
    Relieved to know that the black will not be glossy... definitely going with the black

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraincs View Post
    I need a proof that the gray one will be mate if it is... I might go with it currently thinking 820 or 920... hard decision.
    Nokia confirmed black and grey are matte.
    Lumia 920 black and grey are matte while yellow, red and white are glossy (poll) | nokiagadgets.com

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    hmmm... i REALLY like the red but... I'd much prefer a matte finish for my phone (not a deal-breaker, just a strong preference). Might end up going with the grey or black based on this instead of the red that I WANT. Dunno... will have to see/feel them in person before I make my decision.
    tissotti likes this.

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wolf1891 View Post
    hmmm... i REALLY like the red but... I'd much prefer a matte finish for my phone (not a deal-breaker, just a strong preference). Might end up going with the grey or black based on this instead of the red that I WANT. Dunno... will have to see/feel them in person before I make my decision.
    Yeah, if you can wait to actually see the device before buying, certainly see how the colors look in person.
    Especially when we are talking about colors like red, yellow, white etc.

Thank God. I really thought all 920 would sport that glossy finish they promoted. I prefere the matte finish as well. Why they chose the glossy one in the first place is a mystery to me. Maybe it feels really good in the hand although i can't imagine it feeling better then the matte ones. Additionally, have you seen some of the devices in hands on videos having fingerprints on them already? They couldn't have been older then a couple of minutes and already sported a wide array of fingerprints wich just makes them look older then they really are.

Global Posts
    1,928 Global Posts
    I really want a white one but, the Yellow and red are starting to grow on me a little...

I could only get a Yellow one if someone would buy me a Ferrari f430 or 599 in yellow to match :)

Of course it depends if Verizon gets the 920, and in that case, I'll almost take what I can get.
    XV6700(Apache)>XV6800->HTC Touch Pro 2(XV6875) ->HTC Trophy ->VZW HTC 8X ->Nokia Lumia 928 -> Nokia Lumia ICON (929)

Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    They all look glossy to me, even the black and gray.

I don't know about the lumia 800, but the lumia 900 supposedly has a rubber coating that makes it grippier. It also makes it feel nastier/dirtier and when I tried the half dozen or so Lumia 900 units at my local AT&T, they did not feel good at all and the coating seemed loose and able to be scratched off. The colors also looked dingy. However, I really liked the white glossy one. It felt harder and stronger than the other Lumia 900s, and the finish was clean, smooth, bright, and super grippy with lots of friction. That's why I prefer the glossy finish. Far easier to clean, feels nicer and stronger, looks better and makes bright colors pop. However, glossy on dark colors looks terrible and cheap. It should be reserved for bright colors, which mask the gloss and reflection and fingerprints.

Why does everyone call the orange color a red? I've seen a dozen videos of it in different lighting and it's clearly an orange.
    Looks like a scarlet red, which is orange-y.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Might want to adjust your monitor Katamari. All the media I've seen about the 920 clearly shows it was reddy red red red. :D

Edit: Unless of course you've been mistaking the 820's available orange cover for the 920. :)
    Last edited by TenTwelve; 09-25-2012 at 12:07 PM.