Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmerrey

Global Posts
    1,619 Global Posts
    Sorry for the extra thread, but when they mentioned the scratch-proof ceramic camera strip, I got a big smile on my face...
    Thanked by:
    Xsever 
    HeyCori likes this.

Global Posts
    2,856 Global Posts
    Yep, I'll be able to use mine in the nuddy and not worry! :D

I watched the livestream and can't recall scratchproof camera strip. Must have overheard it. What material is it of?

Ceramic, just like the buttons; and although not completely scratch proof it should be lot more resistant and hopefully won't scratch as easily in normal everyday use.

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    Just shows the attention to detail Nokia has compared to Samsung, HTC and the others when it comes to industrial design.

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by katamari201 View Post
    It's not scratch-proof. You can scratch it if you try hard enough.
    True but whatever it is, it will be better than the current scratch prone strip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzo04121 View Post
    I watched the livestream and can't recall scratchproof camera strip. Must have overheard it. What material is it of?
    It's a ceramic scratch resistant material that the buttons are also going to be made of.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Cyan Nokia Lumia 900

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    Great to hear.
    Nothing is of course scratch-proof, but anybody who has owned N9/800/900 knows how fast it got scratched.

It was especially shame for a phone that's body is one of the most scratch proof phone bodies ever.
    Learned me lesson on N9 so cut strip from a leftover screen protector for my old iphone to fit the silver strip on the back of my 800 right after i opened the box.

Global Posts
    1,308 Global Posts
    Thing about the 920 is it won't need any case or screen protector. Screen protectors are such a pain to install and take away from the UX.