What is with the bezel below the Windows home button on the Lumia 920?

saintforlife

Apr 6, 2012
Visit site
gsmarena_003.jpg

You don't see it on the 900, which looks so symmetrical. What is the point of that big black region below the home button? Does is serve a purpose? The screen could have easily been made 4.7" with the same physical form factor without that black strip. Anybody know what it is for?

geekmaster

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

You don't see it on the 900, which looks so symmetrical. What is the point of that big black region below the home button? Does is serve a purpose? The screen could have easily been made 4.7" with the same physical form factor without that black strip. Anybody know what it is for?
Its actually a brilliant design aspect in theory. Not only is negative space a good design element principle, the bezel between the end of the glass and capacitive buttons means fewer accidental presses. Great for if your nodding out watching a netflix movie late at night and dont have to worry about one of your fingers accidently pressing one of the 3 navigation keys. Or another scenario is you have really poor posture and are not aware of where you place your fingers while working around your smartphone. I hope this solved your question. ;)

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Its actually a brilliant design aspect in theory. Not only is negative space a good design element principle, the bezel between the end of the glass and capacitive buttons means fewer accidental presses. Great for if your nodding out watching a netflix movie late at night and dont have to worry about one of your fingers accidently pressing one of the 3 navigation keys. ;)
Yep. I have inadvertently downloaded nearly a dozen "free" apps when I was aiming for the back button and hit the download button instead. Quick delete.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3