Any thoughts on availability and pricing ?

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Nothing has been announced as of now. Keep reading our news page and when we get the news it will be posted there. The closes unconfirmed roomer says November 2nd will be the day. That's just a roomer.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Anyone expecting an actual "RELEASE" of this year's phones BEFORE October 29th are going to be disappointed.

Actually, I think this may be one of the rare times we actually see a coordinated world-release of a phone launch. I think we'll see the US and select nations launch in the October 29 - November 5 week.

Nothing to back that claim up, just my hunch based on existing rumors of a US November 2nd timeframe.

AnIrudha

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing has been announced as of now. Keep reading our news page and when we get the news it will be posted there. The closes unconfirmed roomer says November 2nd will be the day. That's just a roomer.
will the unlocked version be released in the US at the same time ???

jdandison

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Have they announced bands? I'd really like to ditch ATT but it sounds like unlocked with T-Mo bands may be hard to expect.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

idahoprime

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
So if the 599€ is correct, do euro prices usually match the US prices? Ive never had to buy a phone outright before but since ive been screwed on the Lumia 900 and under contract, if i want the 920 im gonna have to pay dearly for it. Do you think it will really be over $700 US? UGH!

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
So if the 599? is correct, do euro prices usually match the US prices? Ive never had to buy a phone outright before but since ive been screwed on the Lumia 900 and under contract, if i want the 920 im gonna have to pay dearly for it. Do you think it will really be over $700 US? UGH!

*faints*

Sent from my DROID RaZr HD.

DJRedLine

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
It's a liittle annoying how quiet things have been regarding availability since the announcement.

I'm in the situation that i will have to get it on a contract basis and it appears that my current carrier 'Vodafone uk' won't be stocking the L920. I'm hoping that Phones4U will stock it and be able to supply it on the vodafone contract as don't really want to wap carriers.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
So if the 599€ is correct, do euro prices usually match the US prices? Ive never had to buy a phone outright before but since ive been screwed on the Lumia 900 and under contract, if i want the 920 im gonna have to pay dearly for it. Do you think it will really be over $700 US? UGH!

Never. Euro prices include VAT and in general are in no way compatible. Apple usually does it so that $=€. Nokia in North America has usually had to go for a bit lower than that because of the brand not carrying any meaning in the market.

There's no way Lumia 920 will cost below 500€ in Europe, no way. 16GB GS3 costs around 589€.

Have they announced bands? I'd really like to ditch ATT but it sounds like unlocked with T-Mo bands may be hard to expect.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

Lumia 920 and 820 have really impressive amount of bands, but AT&T LTE is not included at all.

GSM 1800
GSM 1900
GSM 850
GSM 900
LTE Band 1 (2100)
LTE Band 20 (800)
LTE Band 3 (1800)
LTE Band 7 (2600)
LTE Band 8 (900)
WCDMA Band I (2100)
WCDMA Band II (1900)
WCDMA Band V (850)
WCDMA Band VIII (900)

Though there is two RM version of Lumia 920 in FCC and like usual Nokia will do separate model for North America.

It's a liittle annoying how quiet things have been regarding availability since the announcement.

I'm in the situation that i will have to get it on a contract basis and it appears that my current carrier 'Vodafone uk' won't be stocking the L920. I'm hoping that Phones4U will stock it and be able to supply it on the vodafone contract as don't really want to wap carriers.

Well Phones4U and Nokia have had exclusive deal with Lumia 900 and 800 on launch so maybe.

It amazes how hard it's made to buy a phone in USA. Continental Europe doesn't really even know the concept of exclusive phones. Everybody carries every one of the phones and compete with different deals.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs