Compare to traditional Li-ion, Li-Po is lighter and more durable

Thought those who worried about long term battery life might be interested to know. I attached a picture for evidence.
    09-15-2012 10:47 PM
    So is this a good thing?
    09-16-2012 01:39 AM
    So is this a good thing?
    LiPo batteries can be recharged many many MANY times more than the traditional batteries before they start losing their capacity.

In practice this means that the current Lumia line won't be losing their battery capacity over time.
    09-16-2012 01:50 AM
    Why are the Nokias so heavy then?
    09-19-2012 02:01 PM
    Why are the Nokias so heavy then?
    It's all the awesome sauce they pack inside it!

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express
    09-19-2012 02:07 PM
    LiPo batteries can be recharged many many MANY times more than the traditional batteries before they start losing their capacity.

In practice this means that the current Lumia line won't be losing their battery capacity over time.
    This is actually wrong. LiPo actually have lower energy density and decreased cycle count compared to lithium-ion. I've been heavy into electric rc and battery science for ages. It's one of the few things I'm good at. lol.
    09-19-2012 02:43 PM
    This is actually wrong. LiPo actually have lower energy density and decreased cycle count compared to lithium-ion. I've been heavy into electric rc and battery science for ages. It's one of the few things I'm good at. lol.
    Oh. Well then. Are there any advantages to LiPo?
    09-19-2012 02:46 PM
    Oh. Well then. Are there any advantages to LiPo?
    Indeed there are. They don't require a hard case so they can be shaped a bit more and can be a bit lighter. Also, in a cell I would think the differences would be little as far as recharging goes.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    09-19-2012 02:58 PM
    Indeed there are. They don't require a hard case so they can be shaped a bit more and can be a bit lighter. Also, in a cell I would think the differences would be little as far as recharging goes.
    So with the lower energy density, a 2000mAh LiPo battery would be physically larger than a 2000mAh Li-ion battery?

Is it a significant difference?
    09-19-2012 03:10 PM
    So with the lower energy density, a 2000mAh LiPo battery would be physically larger than a 2000mAh Li-ion battery?

Is it a significant difference?
    Nope. Not in such a small battery.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    09-19-2012 03:12 PM
    So it seems that the advantages are mainly weight and form factor but in terms of battery life they're the same? Big woop ; ; I was hoping for something better :dry
    09-19-2012 03:50 PM
    I thought LiPo meant this:

Lithium iron phosphate battery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I messed up polymer and phosphate in my head.
    09-21-2012 02:15 PM
    Still 185 grams makes this quite a brick.
    09-22-2012 01:20 AM
    So how can i extend my lumia 920 battery life?
    Is there any charing trick for increase battery life?
    01-19-2013 05:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD