Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I would really like a Lumia 920, but I'm on T-Mobile. If I were to buy a cheap AT&T-locked 920, is it easy to unlock it? I saw a video where you send your phone's serial number to a website and they send back an unlock code to you if you put in a different SIM card.
    It looks like the locked phones are cheaper than the unlocked versions.

Has anyone tried this sort of thing before? Is it really as simple as it seems? Are there any downsides to doing this?

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    I have with two phones. A HTC phone and a Samsung phone. You send in the IMEI number and they send you a unlock code. It worked both times for me. I've had friends also use it, and it worked. Most of the time its money back guarantee. Not sure if you'll be stuck with edge speeds or not since Tmobile got some of AT&Ts spectrum. I only had edge, but I'm normally around WiFi.
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    I have with two phones. A HTC phone and a Samsung phone. You send in the IMEI number and they send you a unlock code. It worked both times for me. I've had friends also use it, and it worked. Most of the time its money back guarantee. Not sure if you'll be stuck with edge speeds or not since Tmobile got some of AT&Ts spectrum. I only had edge, but I'm normally around WiFi.
    So internet speeds could be a problem huh? I wonder if it would work on T-Mobile's LTE network once it's rolled out next year.

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    You'll get edge for sure. And Tmobile got some of AT&Ts 3G spectrum after the failed buyout. But I'm not sure if that's up yet. Also, I know nothing about the LTE specs to say if it would work or not, I don't want to give you misinformation.

My life would be simpler if the 920 would just come to T-Mobile. lol

Does anyone have any specifics as to why Nokia did not add it's high end Lumia 900 to T-Mobile? I'm hoping they add the Lumia 920 but it does not look like it.

I wish I knew as well. I assume the 920 is exclusive to AT&T because AT&T pays for ad campaigns and such... maybe.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Does AT&T sell phones for full price to non-customers? I'm on T-Mobile as well and want the Lumia 920. I'm a Windows Phone developer ($99/year) which allows me to unlock 2 phones. :-)

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    You can find many online stores that will sell them unlocked. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a pretty penny.

I saw one on preorder for about $700

Nokia Lumia 920 Windows Phone 8 (Unlocked) (Yellow)
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumanity View Post
    Does anyone have any specifics as to why Nokia did not add it's high end Lumia 900 to T-Mobile? I'm hoping they add the Lumia 920 but it does not look like it.
    Simple TMo does not want pony up $$$$ that Nokia was wanting ATT was. If its locked to ATT they wont unlock during the exclusivity term.Thats what theyve done with the 900 not likely to change with the 920!
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!

Global Posts
    2,405 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumanity View Post
    If its not on TMo is not because of Nokia its on Tmo.
    Your smartphone is only as smart as YOU let it be!