Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

The amount of superlatives in Tim Cook's and Phil Schiller's communication and recent reviews of iPhone 5 annoyed me enough to do this:

UPDATE:

Displaymate has made some measurements from iPhone 5 and the results in contrast rating in high ambient light and reflectiveness have improved significantly from iPhone 4, showing numbers better than even Lumia 900 with CBD. This makes iPhone 5 display actually the best display out there in this category.

Until similar measurements from Lumia 920 becomes available, it should be considered that the display in iPhone5 is at least as good as the one in Lumia 920 (also significantly better than 900) in these metrics.

source: iPhone 5 Galaxy S III Display Technology Shoot-Out
    Last edited by Gaichuke; 09-26-2012 at 02:32 AM.
    Thanked by:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Haha, that is awesome. :D You should post this to the Verge and other tech sites as well!

That was so well done and enjoyable that I had to create an account just to like it.

Is Apple starting to remind anyone else of Sony circa 2005-2006? Are they too going to promise super computer like processing performance, graphics on par or better than CG movies and of course 4D?
    rex.reyesiii likes this.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    But Apple has that sapphire lens and diamond cut chassis!

Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    You should post that on The Verge in Apple Core, it would be interesting/funny to see the reaction.
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,300 Global Posts
    Jugular ripped out!

Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    As I have said in past posts, Apple only compares the iphone 5 to the 4S. They do not compare it to other phones and I can see why.

Great post!!!!!
    ...When you judge someone you tell more about yourself than the person you are judging.
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,519 Global Posts
    Here's another comparison chart I found:

Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    522 Global Posts
    Ya know, for the most part wireless manufacturers and wireless OS fans are like dems and reps. No matter what anecdotal evidence you put out about one being better than the other it will have almost no effect.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTwelve View Post
    Ya know, for the most part wireless manufacturers and wireless OS fans are like dems and reps. No matter what anecdotal evidence you put out about one being better than the other it will have almost no effect.
    That's true to a point. Fans and heavy users are not swayed by comparisons like these.

That said i do think example that Nokia Maps comparison against iPhone 5 and Google maps is kind of a strong point. Problem is of course that this information usually moves among the OS fans, but i guess it's a win if even 10 people who are part of the clueless mass that maybe are looking to try something different for reason or another sees it.

It's really a shame WP8 could not have been made ready this month. This would have been perfect time to strike.

Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    It's really a shame WP8 could not have been made ready this month. This would have been perfect time to strike.
    Not sure about that, see, with WP8 coming out next month, it gives Microsoft one more month to finalize everything they need to, that extra mile to make sure it will, indeed, kick some major fill-in-the-blank, instead of rushing a product out and leaving some bugs inside (Apple Maps and their flat Eiffle Tower anyone?). Because Apple rushed like they did, they're getting backlashed, which is actually ruining their rep.

Let all the bad rep build up, then strike saying "Ha, now this is how you make an OS, and put it on 3 screens (phone, computer, and entertainment center)."

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Night Fire View Post
    Not sure about that, see, with WP8 coming out next month, it gives Microsoft one more month to finalize everything they need to, that extra mile to make sure it will, indeed, kick some major fill-in-the-blank, instead of rushing a product out and leaving some bugs inside (Apple Maps and their flat Eiffle Tower anyone?). Because Apple rushed like they did, they're getting backlashed, which is actually ruining their rep.

Let all the bad rep build up, then strike saying "Ha, now this is how you make an OS, and put it on 3 screens (phone, computer, and entertainment center)."
    I agree. Best to launch the phone so it coincides with the biggest change in PC computing since windows first launched. That's a lot of muscle to work with. Nokia is best to operate as a windows brand and not Nokia brand at this point

Twit this with @Nokia, man.

ill post this on my personal blog... ^_^

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Bravo sir, been laughing so hard at my iFanboy friends and there "specs".

Before I say this I am and want to be a WP8 user and I like Microsoft, but, It doesn't matter if the Lumia 920's screen is a little than the iPhone5, and please don't use the maps bug against apple, Microsoft has released entire OS's "buggy," anyone on the fence between the iPhone5 and Lumai will already have the iPhone before dumb a** Microsoft is ready to release WP8. I don't know if anyone else agrees, but they jumped the gun on the announcements by 2 months! The point is the Lumia display is better but stupidity and an already bad rep makes it useless!

In cell touch is probably what he was referring to - and you can't argue it.

Quote Originally Posted by domain37 View Post
    Before I say this I am and want to be a WP8 user and I like Microsoft, but, It doesn't matter if the Lumia 920's screen is a little than the iPhone5, and please don't use the maps bug against apple, Microsoft has released entire OS's "buggy," anyone on the fence between the iPhone5 and Lumai will already have the iPhone before dumb a** Microsoft is ready to release WP8. I don't know if anyone else agrees, but they jumped the gun on the announcements by 2 months! The point is the Lumia display is better but stupidity and an already bad rep makes it useless!
    So, basically you're saying you'd prefer a WP8 phone, but the fact that you can't get it for another month, you'll buy an inferior phone because you can get it now? I've seen many people post these kind of coments and it blows my mind. It makes no sense. One month? You can't hold out for one more month?
    sketchy9 likes this.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Lumia 920's screen is really the best ever made.

Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dasfoto View Post
    an inferior phone
    I don't think I would go as far as to call the iPhone an inferior phone. It's still a remarkable piece of technology. For as much as I can't wait for the 920, I really give Apple props for creating that phone. The size of it with the specs it holds it absolutely amazing.

Global Posts
    1,764 Global Posts
    "iPhone 5. The Same phone. Again and again and again...."

Hahahahahaha

Oh god...u just made my day man...Thanx a megaton...and yes, u should share it with the world outside...humble request..

Sent from my XT910 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2
    Developer

Quote Originally Posted by dasfoto View Post
    So, basically you're saying you'd prefer a WP8 phone, but the fact that you can't get it for another month, you'll buy an inferior phone because you can get it now? I've seen many people post these kind of coments and it blows my mind. It makes no sense. One month? You can't hold out for one more month?
    A friend of mine had an iphone 4 (as did his wife). He's a photography geek too (meaning he buys and sells cameras all the time). When he saw my lumia 800 he started to think about switching, when he saw the WP8 and 920 events he was really considering it. I told him about the kid's corner feature and he loved that idea.

He has a developer account, so he got the ios 6 update on he's iphone 4 a while ago and said the maps were crappy

Still, the day the iPhone 5 pre-order was up, he ordered it.

Now, what does it mean? is he too scared to try something new? happy enough with the iPhone despite it not being a big upgrade?

If the 920 was available, he might've went into a store to look it, or maybe pre-ordered it to try it out. but it's not and no one knows when it will be available, how much it will cost and which carriers will have it.

I'm sure the fact that the Lumia 920 was announced got some people to wait, but most of those buying the iphone as soon as it's released or in the first month were never going to get a different phone. The only think Nokia achieved is that their phone is compared to the iphone everywhere and usually favorably.

Most of the buyers don't buy the iPhone when it's just released. They're not crazy fans, they're not loyal and when they're contract is up, if it looks like there's a better device out there, they might switch to it instead of getting the new iphone

:lol:thats epic strike well done

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eshy View Post
    A friend of mine had an iphone 4 (as did his wife). He's a photography geek too (meaning he buys and sells cameras all the time). When he saw my lumia 800 he started to think about switching, when he saw the WP8 and 920 events he was really considering it. I told him about the kid's corner feature and he loved that idea.

He has a developer account, so he got the ios 6 update on he's iphone 4 a while ago and said the maps were crappy

Still, the day the iPhone 5 pre-order was up, he ordered it.

Now, what does it mean? is he too scared to try something new? happy enough with the iPhone despite it not being a big upgrade?

If the 920 was available, he might've went into a store to look it, or maybe pre-ordered it to try it out. but it's not and no one knows when it will be available, how much it will cost and which carriers will have it.

I'm sure the fact that the Lumia 920 was announced got some people to wait, but most of those buying the iphone as soon as it's released or in the first month were never going to get a different phone. The only think Nokia achieved is that their phone is compared to the iphone everywhere and usually favorably.

Most of the buyers don't buy the iPhone when it's just released. They're not crazy fans, they're not loyal and when they're contract is up, if it looks like there's a better device out there, they might switch to it instead of getting the new iphone
    Unless people are breaking their contracts the only people getting iPhones are the ones that are new or currently out of their contract period. 4th quarter is the biggest phone sells quarter because of the holidays. All WP8 device will be out.

Significant update to the original post available.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast