Why the Lumia 920 wasn't displayed in Cyan

baileystein

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
Here's a weird thing-Nokia didn't announce the Lumia 920 in Cyan/Blue.

Why? I'm guessing because they don't want people confusing it with the Lumia 900. I mean, the 900 is blue, right?

We will see a Lumia 920, maybe by Christmas, but certainly not at launch.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Here's a weird thing-Nokia didn't announce the Lumia 920 in Cyan/Blue.

Why? I'm guessing because they don't want people confusing it with the Lumia 900. I mean, the 900 is blue, right?

We will see a Lumia 920, maybe by Christmas, but certainly not at launch.

I believe N9 and certainly Lumia 800 have sold way more than Lumia 900.

But i agree and that's probably part of the reason. Nokia has kept white as the after announcement special color for N9, Lumia 800 and Lumia 900 so i believe same will happen to cyan here.

It's certainly telling that there's no single black, white press picture of Lumia 920. But Nokia has released lots of yellow and one grey press pictures of Lumia 920. Two colors that where never available for N9, 800 or 900.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
It's certainly telling that there's no single black, white press picture of Lumia 920. But Nokia has released lots of yellow and one grey press pictures of Lumia 920. Two colors that where never available for N9, 800 or 900.

To be fair, walk into a mobile phone shop, and it's waves of black grey, and white phones.

Colour at the moment is a big bonus for WP devices, as it helps them stick out.

If WP is successful I bet there will be tons of colourful phones in a years time where android are catching on to the colour game.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Better theory: They didn't want to release a Cyan right away because they were worried it would detract from the other new colors because of it's popularity. This way, people fall in love with the yellow or red so when they release a Cyan people will be more likely to stick with getting a red or yellow.

GoodThings2Life

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Overall, I'd love to see a whole host of color options... at least a classic 8-color rainbow.

But given the choices, I'd choose red for being bold and black for classic/professional. I'm definitely leaning towards the red right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism