NFC with the 920

feedmylittletroll

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
Anybody know what kind of files you can transfer with NFC? To clarify, can you transfer pictures, video or even apps to other phones (android included) or computers? I'm interested in how the W8 and WP8 are going to integrate NFC with their new offerings. It seems like they are trying to "cut the cord" with a lot of their new products. The wallet app could be pretty great. Seems like they have the opportunity to combine google wallet and passbook within the same app.

EricCantona

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Anybody know what kind of files you can transfer with NFC? To clarify, can you transfer pictures, video or even apps to other phones (android included) or computers? I'm interested in how the W8 and WP8 are going to integrate NFC with their new offerings. It seems like they are trying to "cut the cord" with a lot of their new products. The wallet app could be pretty great. Seems like they have the opportunity to combine google wallet and passbook within the same app.
I remember Belfiore said that you can transfer many things with it. But he didn't say specifically what. He might say pictures.. i forgot.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
That's not really what NFC is about. What you example see in those Lumia 920 videos is that you touch NFC speaker and it automatically syncs, starts to play music on it. NFC does the pairing, bluetooth does the file transfer.

Near field communication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Btw i didn't know before that Nokia was one of the 3 founders of NFC. No wonder they where pushing it years ago with N9 and Symbian phones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb