Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Blackwood504
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 1 Post By Blackwood504
  • 1 Post By Luminatic
  • 1 Post By GoodThings2Life
  • 1 Post By palandri
  • 1 Post By Sparkyscrum

I saw this mentioned on another site and thought I would share, I didn't see it posted anywhere. These are pictures taken with the 920 some in low light, other not. Some of these are pictures that have been seen before.

Flickr: The Shot with Nokia Lumia 920 : Gallery Pool
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,277 Global Posts
    My mind can't grasp how awesome PureView is.

Lol.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    I wish we could see more day pictures. Those low light pictures are bright and have good colors but they are blurry and grainy, they are usable but not amazing.

The Macro pictures look very good.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,283 Global Posts
    Slightly off topic, but directly related to PureView technology. Here's a picture my wife took at night with a Nokia 808 PureView camera:

Here's a night picture I took with a Samsung Galaxy S2 in night mode. Now which camera would you rather have?

Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    Thanked by:
    X0LARIUM likes this.

WOW! That's crazy.
    palandri likes this.

That Nokia 808 camera is crazy good. Wouldn't mind to see more 920-Examples
    Happy WP user :P
    palandri likes this.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    Slightly off topic, but directly related to PureView technology. Here's a picture my wife took at night with a Nokia 808 PureView camera:

Now which camera would you rather have?
    Considering my main problem with the 920 is that it doesn't have the 808 camera, is pretty obvious T_T.
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterfang View Post
    Considering my main problem with the 920 is that it doesn't have the 808 camera, is pretty obvious T_T.
    In other words, you'll choose to be a whiny snob about the pictures even if the facts aren't in your favor.
    theefman likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,283 Global Posts
    The 808 is overkill. The smaller sensor in the 920 makes sense. Look at the bulge the 808 has, plus it adds weight.

Look at how many threads we have here complaining about how thick a phone is or complaints that a phone weighs 20grams more than another and they won't buy it.

The 920 with PureView can do the same thing as the 808 with PureView.
    Last edited by palandri; 09-29-2012 at 11:07 AM.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com
    theefman likes this.

Global Posts
    356 Global Posts
    nice
    I never really understood the OS wars - they're simply is no one perfect solution for all, just for you.

Did I help? don't forget to hit the Thanks and Like :)

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts

Pretty sure your main problem with it is that your an HTC fanboy.

Global Posts
    3,764 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Pretty sure your main problem with it is that your an HTC fanboy.
    That's a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    The 808 is overkill. The smaller sensor in the 920 makes sense. Look at the bulge the 808 has, plus it adds weight.

Look at how many threads we have here complaining about how thick a phone is or complaints that a phone weighs 20grams more than another and they won't buy it.

The 920 with PureView can do the same thing as the 808 with PureView.
    L920 weighs 185g

808 Pureview weighs 169g, so it is 16g lighter than L920.

The mechanical OIS and wireless charging are probably adding some weight to L920. If they can find ways to reduce the weight to around 160g, people won't consider it an issue.

I would like to see a Quad-Core (S4 Pro?) Pureview phone with similar specs as the 808 Pureview (41 mp sensor or a new 24 mp smaller sensor) as a follow up version of L920 in the near future. L940? I don't mind it is slightly thicker if they can throw in a microSD slot.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,283 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yangstax View Post
    L920 weighs 185g

808 Pureview weighs 169g, so it is 16g lighter than L920.

The mechanical OIS and wireless charging are probably adding some weight to L920. If they can find ways to reduce the weight to around 160g, people won't consider it an issue.

I would like to see a Quad-Core (S4 Pro?) Pureview phone with similar specs as the 808 Pureview (41 mp sensor or a new 24 mp smaller sensor) as a follow up version of L920 in the near future. L940? I don't mind it is slightly thicker if they can throw in a microSD slot.
    I am sure your weight comparison is correct. The 808 is a much smaller phone with a 4" screen, but my point wasn't for a weight comparison between the the 920 and the 808. My point was there a lot of threads in this forum where people are making their phone decisions on weight, where people think 20g is a "MASSIVE" weight difference. I am use to using older Palm phones with extended life (3400mah) batteries, so a 20g difference in weight means nothing to me and wouldn't determine what phone I would buy.

I think you're on the right track. I think a smaller 16 to 24MP PureView will be out in the near future.

I wish we could see more day pictures. Those low light pictures are bright and have good colors but they are blurry and grainy, they are usable but not amazing.

The Macro pictures look very good.
    You think they are blurry and grainy? Have you seem them compared to other phones? Serious for a cameraphone they are amazing. For detailed shots at night you need a proper camera not a cameraphone as the lenses are too small.

That said Nokia are moving in the right direction.
    palandri likes this.