Protecting a Lumia 9X0 Phone

thom0707

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
I own a Lumia 900 and plan to get a 920. I love my 900, but the biggest problem I have had is the phone feels too "slippery" without a case (matte black). It feels like it could easily slip out of your hand or fly out of your pocket at any time. In fact, this happened to me on my second day so I went out and bought a rubberized case.

The form fitting rubberized cases introduce another problem and collect dust & dirt around the camera strip. I am glad that Nokia seems to have chosen a better, more scratch resistant material for that. What's more is the 920's come in such nice color options that I would hate to obscure it with an ugly case.

What do you guys think? Any 900 users with similar experiences? For anyone that has held a 920, do you think this will still be a problem? I'm interested to see if the glossy finish has a little more grip (fingerprints do not bother me). Any future 920 owners planning on getting a case?

robinleck

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Hey! I own a white glossy L900. Used to have a Trophy. With regard to your post, I find the grip & feel of the L900 is more sturdy compared to my previous Trophy. Its not slippery at all even tho its glossy.The L900 is surprisingly EZ to hold in your hand. And every time I pull it out of my pocket, I dun feel like I m going to drop it compared to Trophy which I have dropped it several times. As for protective cases, I prefer to showcase my Premium-looking L900 in its natural form. Its so much more premium & classy compared to the iPhone 5. Juz sharing my thoughts :)

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Never had case on my phones. Didn't need one on my iPhone 4S, GS2, Lumia 800 and N9. Wont need one for Lumia 920 either.
Especially as the buttons and back strip are now made in that ceramic material.

Haven't had problems with grip personally using N9/Lumia 800, but Lumia 920 is wider than both of those so hard to comment on that yet.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Never used any protection on my phones, won't use on 920 either.

Dedicated phone pocket and deep love for my phone keeps them in mint condition this far.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I use the thin rubber bumper surround that AT&T sells and nothing else. It works perfectly to protect the most vulnerable parts of the phone and makes it easier to grip without adding too much bulk.

It's kind of a big phone though anyway and with the 920 being even bigger and heavier, I'm not sure what I'll do next. Either a 920 naked with no case, or go with an 820. A 920 with this rubber bumper thing would be just ridiculous in a pair of shorts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon