Wireless charging plate not included?

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Most probably not. They can't make money if they are going to offer all these accessories with the phone.

Heh! Even earphones weren't provided with the AT&T Lumia 900!

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
most likely not included, i don't see why people would think it should be. accessories are always separate.

now if wireless was the only way to charge it, then they probably would give you one.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Most probably not. They can't make money if they are going to offer all these accessories with the phone.

Heh! Even earphones weren't provided with the AT&T Lumia 900!

Neither are they with AT&T Lumia 920.

No, there's not one on the box. Wireless charging plate seems to be costing something around 39 euros separate. It's something not all will use with their Lumia 920 and makes very little sense to ship with Lumia 920 and raise the price.

They are likely already having hard time hitting certain AT&T price point as Lumia 920 is more than likely by far most expensive to build out of these 3 flagships.

aer127

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Makes sense for them not to ship one in the box I guess, to keep price down. Although, with the way they are advertising the wireless charging as a main feature of the phone, you would think they would make this something the user could have right out of the box.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
So the little bit of love I had for wireless charging has cooled considerably after seeing preliminary pricing for the accessories.

?69.99 for the wireless charging stand
?79.99 for the fatboy pillow
?54.99 for the wireless charging plate

Im hoping to pick up a freebie as part of an introductory deal when I get SIM free, but at these prices, wireless charging will remain a gimmick as most users will not pay the extra when they have a host of cables lying around :mad:

Lets hope these prices will come down nearer release as this seems way over the top for me..

MikeInBA

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
i just want decent headphones with a mic and controls that actually work. I want to know why my iphone's were flawless, and all my WP ones were trash.

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Way too expensive. The Touchpad and palm pre Touchstones were cheaper than that. I don't think it'd be as useful as it is for the Touchpad or any other tablet though, as the L920 will be with you all the time. There really isn't much difference between plugging it in or sitting it on the stand when you go to bed at night. And I wouldn't want to use the wireless charging if I need a quick top up as it takes longer than the standard cable.

It'd still be a cool thing to have.

BellaRed

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
So the little bit of love I had for wireless charging has cooled considerably after seeing preliminary pricing for the accessories.

?69.99 for the wireless charging stand
?79.99 for the fatboy pillow
?54.99 for the wireless charging plate

Im hoping to pick up a freebie as part of an introductory deal when I get SIM free, but at these prices, wireless charging will remain a gimmick as most users will not pay the extra when they have a host of cables lying around :mad:

Lets hope these prices will come down nearer release as this seems way over the top for me..

Agreed

I was planning to perhaps get two charging stands, one for home and one for work. Now I'm getting none unless the price falls.

Will keep an eye out for what comes up on eBay.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Agreed

I was planning to perhaps get two charging stands, one for home and one for work. Now I'm getting none unless the price falls.

Will keep an eye out for what comes up on eBay.

I'm gonna do the same. Considering they will probably charge like ?99.99 for the 820 wireless charging backplate.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure about Europe, but I've seen some on Amazon in the US for around $30. That's not too bad.

I figure that adding wireless charging to your routine is a lifestyle decision. It's a significant change. So it is worth the investment. Just get one at a time. You don't need to do it all at once.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Charging back plate price was in an article yesterday as ?19.99.

Glad I got the cheap met on eBay now.

Sent from my HD7 T9292 using Board Express

CommonBlob

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
If all my family had wireless devices, it makes sense to get one. But for my 1 phone? Nah, not work the money, im not rich enough! :D

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think we'll see more and more wireless charging in the future. So I don't see my investments in wireless chargers as something for "one device." It will work for my next phone also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett