Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 39
  1. aventador779's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
       #1  
    What do you guys think?
  2. 12Danny123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,705 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,270 Global Posts
    #2  
    Well. Hes I think you should get a 920. Becuase you get so much from the 920 then you have on your gnex.
    Wireless charging
    Sensitive screen
    Pureview camera
    Puremotion HD+ display
    Better resolution
    Good exclusive apps.
    Better battery life
    Can use in direct sunlight
    NFC
    And more.
    you get tones of stuff. On a nokia lumia
    Last edited by 12Danny123; 10-12-2012 at 06:08 PM.
  3. txaggies07's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #3  
    I went from a Lumia 900 to the Galaxy Nexus and fully plan to go to the Lumia 920. I can't wait for it.
  4. Nataku4ca's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    429 Posts
    #4  
    most of what 12Danny123 says, except of battery (i mean, we don't know what its going to be like until we get our hands on it)

    and the most important part, u get WP8 :)
  5. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #5  
    Depends on what you prefer.
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  6. aventador779's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
       #6  
    Still excited about it though :)
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nataku4ca View Post
    most of what 12Danny123 says, except of battery (i mean, we don't know what its going to be like until we get our hands on it)

    and the most important part, u get WP8 :)
    WP is more efficient on processors--and by extension batteries--than Android by design, as WP limits the resources that can be committed to background processes, whereas Android will let you pile tasks on until the phone crashes if you're not careful.
  8. VagrantWade's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,399 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    #8  
    I personally am just bored with Android. I had Jellybean on my Nexus 7, and it's just too much like iOS for my taste.
  9. kregstrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    WP is more efficient on processors--and by extension batteries--than Android by design, as WP limits the resources that can be committed to background processes, whereas Android will let you pile tasks on until the phone crashes if you're not careful.
    I have to say, after having an android phone for the last 3-4 years, that is one of the dumbest comments I've ever heard lol

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  10. socialcarpet's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,893 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,966 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by freestaterocker View Post
    WP is more efficient on processors--and by extension batteries--than Android by design, as WP limits the resources that can be committed to background processes, whereas Android will let you pile tasks on until the phone crashes if you're not careful.
    I hate Android, but this is patently false.
  11. WasteSomeTime's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    874 Posts
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    #11  
    But android does slow down no what the specs are. I don't know but I find it disorganized.

    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
  12. kregstrong's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    274 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    #12  
    Never had that problem either. My gs3 is just as fast as ever. No problems here. Do u even have a clue what Ur talking about? And proofread Ur stuff

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
  13. txaggies07's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #13  
    One of the problems I have with my Galaxy Nexus and Nexus 7 is that during any IO (downloading file, installing apk), the phone becomes very choppy and hardly usable.
  14. luonchinguoc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #14  
    Lumia 920, no doubt. I am waiting for official release.
  15. TransitStop's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #15  
    Funny this thread exists...I dropped my gnex in water around 6pm tonight and now I'm even more impatiently waiting for the 920 on Rogers ahaha
  16. tissotti's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,106 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    #16  
    I did have similar problems on my GS2 with the UI slowing down as i downloaded more stuff and apps. In general reminded me of Symbian with more polished UI.

    That said Android was fine, just not for me. I have always been about the PC like experiment on phone, why i loved my N9 and N900. Though these days i can't be bothered to play around with my phones (it's about tablets now!) so the iPhone or WP style is more for me.

    Can't wait to get that cyan Lumia 920 in my hands.
    Last edited by tissotti; 10-14-2012 at 08:50 PM.
  17. txaggies07's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    197 Posts
    Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    #17  
    If you are the type that likes messing with custom ROMs, then WP8 probably isn't for you. If you want a phone that just works out of the box and don't want to have to mess with it, then WP8 would be good for you,
  18. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by WasteSomeTime View Post
    But android does slow down no what the specs are. I don't know but I find it disorganized.

    Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express
    I think that's way too broad of a generalization. Not every phone gives the same experience.
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  19. aventador779's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
       #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by kregstrong View Post
    Never had that problem either. My gs3 is just as fast as ever. No problems here. Do u even have a clue what Ur talking about? And proofread Ur stuff

    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    I'm tired of Android. The point of Android is that you get your phone out of the box, and it's "fast." After two months, it just starts to LAG. I've read that before (and specifically the GS3.)

    I've been an "Android fanboy" for about two years. I just can't anymore. I want WP8 :) and plus something new already :)

    And I am running JELLY BEAN on my Galaxy Nexus, project butter just wears off after two months also. Even probably less.

    And I always proof read my stuff. :P
  20. luckyhillkop's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by txaggies07 View Post
    If you are the type that likes messing with custom ROMs, then WP8 probably isn't for you. If you want a phone that just works out of the box and don't want to have to mess with it, then WP8 would be good for you,
    Does it really? From what I read, WP7 is a long way from becoming a mature OS and things aren't going to change much with WP8. Even something as simple as notification is a problem for WP.

    One selling point of WP being the OS is smooth as butter but most apps are laggy and due to the restrictions from the OS they don't have as much features as the same app on other platforms. So what is the point?

    I'm not a WP user and I have to admit what I know about WP is from reading on the net. So am I wrong with the above? Have I fallen into the propaganda trap of the anti-WPs? I'm desperate to get 920. It's an excellent phone but for all its features the OS it's using looks to be its downfall.

    Currently I'm a symbian user (N8). I'm worried I will struggle to make the transition from symbian to WP and that I will miss a lot of simple things I'm able to do with symbian. Will that be the case?
  21. cckgz4's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,952 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,799 Global Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyhillkop View Post
    Does it really? From what I read, WP7 is a long way from becoming a mature OS and things aren't going to change much with WP8. Even something as simple as notification is a problem for WP.

    One selling point of WP being the OS is smooth as butter but most apps are laggy and due to the restrictions from the OS they don't have as much features as the same app on other platforms. So what is the point?

    I'm not a WP user and I have to admit what I know about WP is from reading on the net. So am I wrong with the above? Have I fallen into the propaganda trap of the anti-WPs? I'm desperate to get 920. It's an excellent phone but for all its features the OS it's using looks to be its downfall.

    Currently I'm a symbian user (N8). I'm worried I will struggle to make the transition from symbian to WP and that I will miss a lot of simple things I'm able to do with symbian. Will that be the case?
    Yes for the most part, you are wrong
    Nokia Lumia 1020/Blu Studio 5.0 LTE owner here...

  22. Gken's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    205 Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyhillkop View Post
    Does it really? From what I read, WP7 is a long way from becoming a mature OS and things aren't going to change much with WP8. Even something as simple as notification is a problem for WP.

    One selling point of WP being the OS is smooth as butter but most apps are laggy and due to the restrictions from the OS they don't have as much features as the same app on other platforms. So what is the point?

    I'm not a WP user and I have to admit what I know about WP is from reading on the net. So am I wrong with the above? Have I fallen into the propaganda trap of the anti-WPs? I'm desperate to get 920. It's an excellent phone but for all its features the OS it's using looks to be its downfall.

    Currently I'm a symbian user (N8). I'm worried I will struggle to make the transition from symbian to WP and that I will miss a lot of simple things I'm able to do with symbian. Will that be the case?
    I'd like to consider myself knowledgeable and there is a lot of "misconceptions" about the Windows Phone. I have used android and iOS extensively and will always use WP over those two after I picked it up at launch. For what I use it for, which is most likely a lot more than other people use it for, I have never ever had trouble with it crashing constantly. Most of the issues I have had with the Windows Phone are being addressed in W8 so I am super happy.
  23. luckyhillkop's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by cckgz4 View Post
    Yes for the most part, you are wrong
    Well I was hoping so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gken View Post
    I'd like to consider myself knowledgeable and there is a lot of "misconceptions" about the Windows Phone. I have used android and iOS extensively and will always use WP over those two after I picked it up at launch. For what I use it for, which is most likely a lot more than other people use it for, I have never ever had trouble with it crashing constantly. Most of the issues I have had with the Windows Phone are being addressed in W8 so I am super happy.
    I hope they are. I've come across a few "XX reasons why you shouldn't get a WP" and I hope the reasons will be struck off one by one with WP8. Wifi goes to sleep on lock screen for example, that's just so silly.

    I guess no other way for me to go except to wait patiently for the full hands on. The wait is killing me.
  24. aventador779's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    276 Global Posts
       #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyhillkop View Post
    Well I was hoping so.


    I hope they are. I've come across a few "XX reasons why you shouldn't get a WP" and I hope the reasons will be struck off one by one with WP8. Wifi goes to sleep on lock screen for example, that's just so silly.

    I guess no other way for me to go except to wait patiently for the full hands on. The wait is killing me.
    101 reasons why you shouldn?t buy a Windows Phone device
  25. luckyhillkop's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    21 Posts
    #25  
    I've read that but the list is not reliable and outdated isn't it? That's why I'm here asking the question to ppl who are actually a WP user.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions