Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by snaqvi91 View Post
    Will they be available in yellow? So like if you get a black 920 and really wanted a yellow you could make it into a yellow one by using one of these?
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't know what colors will be available, or when. All I know, is they're coming soon. Seriously! That's all I know!

Quote Originally Posted by onlineharvest View Post
    What is the grip like with that case? I still find the incipio feather too slippery.
    If you've had the CC-1037 for the 900, it's the same. Not grippy, but not slick like the device without a case. Offers a decent amount of grip overall.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMhz View Post
    This is exactly what I've been waiting for...
    You won't be disappointed. I love the fit of it, very, very well done. I couldn't be happier!

Quote Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
    that looks great, exactly what I had in mind.

Can you post as soon as they are available?
    It's exactly what I was looking for coming from the 900 using the CC-1037 Nokia Gel Case. Offers a good deal or protection to the body and hugs right up to the glass screen. Fit and finish is 10/10.

I'm sure we'll all know when they're available. But, if I hear anything, I'll be sure to post here.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520

the blue looks amazing, wayy better then the white. i think im gonna order the blue now lol

Global Posts
    2,190 Global Posts
    So I also bought the World Shopping case:
    Amazon.com: Worldshopping Candy Color Red Glossy Skin Soft TPU Gel Case Cover For Nokia Lumia 920 + Free Accessory: Cell Phones & Accessories
    but in red. It is a red soft-shell TPU case. It is very nice:

photo.jpgphoto-1-.jpgphoto-2-.jpgphoto-3-.jpgphoto-4-.jpg
    ClixT likes this.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    I just got my cases off of eBay. Dropped shipped straight from China, but for $4, it's worth it. Even came with a free screen protector, but I didn't bother to put it on. I got purple and magenta for my wife, and I got blue and yellow for me. The fit fantastic, and it doesn't add hardly any bulk at all. Very happy with these. The blue and the purple ones are like a nice metallic color. It almost looks like that California blue of the HTC 8X. Too bad, I don't have that color theme on my Lumia, but the cobalt is a good match.

These are pics of the blue one:

lumia920_blue_case_back.jpglumia920_blue_case_front.jpg
    Ranak Mann likes this.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    Has anyone seen any deals for the Otterbox Commuter case? $35 isn't too expensive, but I wouldn't mind paying $20. Thanks in advance.

Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by captainofiron View Post
    yea I love the CC-1020 that came with my N9, barely increases the thickness, but doesnt change the profile or feel of the phone and adds so much protection
    And that is what's important to me when I get a case. I don't want anything that makes the phone any bigger than it already is. I laugh at co-workers who put their small iPhone's into Otterbox cases... talk about overkill. They've made a technological marvel the size of a damn brick.

But the case offers great durability. I've never had a case fit a phone better, and that's coming from owning the 900 and the CC-1037. This one wraps around the device so perfectly, there are no gaps or loose fitting spots to speak of. It's as if they took a dummy unit, and threw it into a bucket of silicone; cut it out, and made the case out of the impression left. It's honestly the most form fitting you can get.
    Cingular (2001-2003) - Nokia 5190 > Nokia 3360
    Nextel (2003-2007) - i1000+ > i90c > i720 > i830 > i275 > i860 > i870
    AT&T (2007 to Present) - Treo 680 > iPhone 8GB > iPhone 3G 16GB > Moto Q9h Global >
    iPhone 3G 16GB > iPhone 3GS 16GB > HTC Inspire 4G > Samsung Focus > HTC HD7S >
    Nokia Lumia 900 > Nokia Lumia 920 > Nokia Lumia 1520
    Quote Originally Posted by Loiselle View Post
    And that is what's important to me when I get a case. I don't want anything that makes the phone any bigger than it already is. I laugh at co-workers who put their small iPhone's into Otterbox cases... talk about overkill. They've made a technological marvel the size of a damn brick.

But the case offers great durability. I've never had a case fit a phone better, and that's coming from owning the 900 and the CC-1037. This one wraps around the device so perfectly, there are no gaps or loose fitting spots to speak of. It's as if they took a dummy unit, and threw it into a bucket of silicone; cut it out, and made the case out of the impression left. It's honestly the most form fitting you can get.
    The more you describe it, the more I want it. :)
    Is there a particular sales channel you know of where this will be sold (e.g., Amazon, MS Store, etc)...

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonx15 View Post
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/ubejahyt.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/qy9u4e7e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/adupy6ur.jpg

I picked up one from the same seller..
    Very similar to an otterbox commuter..
    The rubber material is not as stiff and a little bit floppy...overall for the price you cannot complain..
    Like to add that the Nokia wireless charger works just fine with this case

..http://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/utydupu4.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/12/12/11/za5uje2a.jpg
    I got the same case for me, my wife's and my son's phone and it's much better than I thought. From some pics on ebay it looked bulky but It's not. For $8, it's a steal and it seems to protect the phone very well and you can put the phone screen down without the screen touching the surface. I have the all balck, but the all white I got for my son looks very nice. They come in several color combinations. Love the fact that the power button is recessed because before the case, I was pressing that button accidentally all the time. Some of you may not like the fact that the volume and camera button "covers" are almost flush with the rest of the cover making it hard to feel them. Overall, very happy with this purchase.

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I need to get something to increase the "grabability" of the Lumia 920. Because of the size and slickness, my wife has dropped hers (without damage) 3 times since we got them. Since the Lumia 920 is already huge, I want the minimum added material. I don't know if a case is what I'm looking for or if I should just buy some kind of goop at the hardware store and paint it on.
    Last edited by David Lessnau; 12-14-2012 at 06:50 PM.

Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Apex case users: Thanks for sharing pics of the case. I went ahead and picked up a white on white and also a black on black for my 920.

Quick question, does the case have an opening for the mic at the top of the case by the headphone jack? If not, did you notice a difference in call quality/clarity or the party on the other end notice any difference?

Thanks again

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by onlineharvest View Post
    The more you describe it, the more I want it. :)
    Is there a particular sales channel you know of where this will be sold (e.g., Amazon, MS Store, etc)...
    Nokia Soft Cover for Lumia 920 (Black) #CC-1043 Black - Expansys USA

I'm sure Amazon will also get stock.

Global Posts
    1,619 Global Posts
    January 18th?

Just got this Case ....

case.jpg

It has like a felt feel ... Don't know really how much protection it actually gives but it stops finger prints and scratches ... fits snug ... don't have another camera to take a pic with it on the phone sorry ...

overall It will take some time to get used to as I love the phone Naked , but rather be safe then sorry

MF Matte Hard Skin Case Cover LCD Guard for Nokia Lumia 920 Phil Black | eBay

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    OK, here's my experience with cases so far. I've tried a few, so I will make a separate post for each.

"Quicksand" Case (Same as cbrunn2 listed above, I suspect also the same as vtective has on the first page with no branding)
    quicksand.jpg
    Positives:
    - Come in a great range of muted colors (I have the light grey/blue one)
    - Dirt cheap from China, about $7 delivered.
    - VERY "grippy"
    - Attractive design. Adds VERY little bulk.
    - Easy to slip on and off.
    - Good protection for back and sides.

Negatives:
    - I HATE the feel of this. I was expecting this to be a bit soft/rubbery due to the picture in the auctions of them squeezing it in their hands, but in reality it really does feel like somewhat hard, gentle sandpaper. Especially with my somewhat winter dry hands, this case just feels incredibly uncomfortable. I simply can't use it.
    - No protection for top or bottom edges of polycarbonate. Also does not cover/protect back Carl Zeis mirror plate (which may be a positive for some people but not me).
    - Take a long time to get it when shipping directly from China. Can get some from certain US Amazon vendors to combat this, but they do charge more.
    quicksand2.jpg
    Last edited by poddie; 12-18-2012 at 12:31 AM.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    "Hard Rubberized Coating" Case
    New Hard Rubberized Rubber Coating Back Case Cover Screen for Nokia Lumia 920 | eBay
    m-rubber-n920-purple_1.jpg
    Positives:
    - Come in a great range of bright colors (I have the purple one)
    - Dirt cheap from China, about $4 delivered.
    - Fairly "grippy"
    - Attractive design. Adds VERY little bulk. Minimalist.
    - Good protection for back and sides.

Negatives:
    - VERY poor color quality on mine. It at first looked like there was a shadow on part of it, so I moved it to put more light on it. Then again, then agian. Turns out there is just a much darker portion and it is just not a consistent color all the way through.
    - No protection for top or bottom edges of polycarbonate. Also does not cover/protect back Carl Zeis mirror plate (which may be a positive for some people but not me).
    - Take a long time to get it when shipping directly from China. Can get some from certain US Amazon vendors to combat this, but they do charge more.
    Last edited by poddie; 12-18-2012 at 12:29 AM.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    S-Line / Fosman / No Branding Covers
    (These all seem to be exactly the same cases with different branding on them)
    fossman.jpg
    fosmancolors.jpg
    Positives:
    - Come in a great range of colors (Transparent: Blue, Grey, Clear, Light Purple, Red, Pink. Opaque: Glossy Black, White). See negative below on this though.
    - Dirt cheap from China, about $4 delivered.
    - Nice grip on the side.
    - Attractive design. Not too much bulk, "S" design on back looks nice to me.
    - Provides great protection all around, including top and bottom edge of polycarbonate (less so on the bottom due to the thinness of the bottom area above the speakers/usb port).

Negatives:
    - No cutout for secondary mic holes on top causes bad sound quality when any air movement is involved (wind, walking up stairs, etc). I do believe that this could be fixed with the right hole punch... however I have not found that right hole punch yet. :-)
    - Issues with flash photography. I have the transparent blue, light purple, clear, grey, and red versions of this cover. All of the colored versions add a color cast to photos when using flash photography. For example, using the purple case with flash you will literally have a strong purple cast to the photo. The transparent grey case does not seem to add any issue to flash photos in my testing, so this is the one I primarily use. The clear cover seems to add no color, but does "blow out" the image a bit with extra brightness. I would assume that the opague black/white cases would have no issues, but I don't like the look of those. So I have been using the transparent grey case.
    - Portion of cover over usb/speakers is thin, and seems to vary a bit from cover to cover how it fits. Most of mine are ok, as long as you are not expecting it to really hug the edge exactly... it's a bit weak.

I am currently using the transparent smokey grey version of this case. It seems like a nice compromise, eliminating the flash issue as near as I can tell and looks pretty nice. It provides nice grip and protection at a cheap price. However, I won't hesitate to upgrade it to the Nokia CC-1043 as soon as released.
    Last edited by poddie; 12-18-2012 at 12:33 AM.

Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Some Nokia CC-1043 images from Google Image Search... looks like there will be all color variants:
    cc1043_black.jpgcc1043_blue.jpgcc1043_grey.jpegcc1043_red.jpgcc1043_white.jpgcc1043_yellow.jpg
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,190 Global Posts
    Very nice! Can't wait for January to get this

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just ordered this: http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartph...-ngp-case.html

I'll review it when I get it.

I suppose we still don't know anything new about the Nokia CC-1043, am I right? :/

The nokia cases needed to be out when launched. I just ordered 3 cases I'm not sure I'll even like and a commuter.

Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    They now have the hard gold metallic cases for the Lumia 920. This looks really good. I ordered mine off of eBay for $16.95 shipped. I'll post some pics and review it as soon as I get it, but if it's like the others I've already ordered, I'll be happy. I hope they add silver/chrome color. That would be fantastic.

goldlumia920case.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tempest790 View Post
    They now have the hard gold metallic cases for the Lumia 920. This looks really good. I ordered mine off of eBay for $16.95 shipped. I'll post some pics and review it as soon as I get it, but if it's like the others I've already ordered, I'll be happy. I hope they add silver/chrome color. That would be fantastic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GoldLumia920Case.jpg 
Views:	626 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	26173
    I can't help but I fell in love with the yellow. I have a black Lumia and I really want to find the best yellow cover for it.

Does anybody know how this would be like? Hard back snap on cover shell for Nokia Lumia 920 LTE

Sigh. I wish all of these cases would wrap around the tops and bottoms of the device instead of only hugging the sides. They are so nice looking but I feel like that design allows so much more dust and little pieces of dirt to get in and scratch up the back.
    Krys Morgenweck
    Writer - Windows Phone Central
    Email - k.morgenweck@live.com
    Twitter - @krystea

"I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.'"
    Thanked by:
    clubbstudios likes this.

Global Posts
    1,222 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doisy View Post
    I suppose we still don't know anything new about the Nokia CC-1043, am I right? :/
    January 17th according to expansys usa
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast