Cases or covers for Lumia 920

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I could without the case, although I never did cause I was afraid of cracking the screen. Some people do pocket carry though. The holster thing doesn't work for me, either. The damn thing is so big that the clip wants to slip off my jeans unless its attached to a belt.

anon(464113)

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Love the Otterbox cases. Have the Commuter on my 920. Slick enough to slide into my pocket, but grippy enough that I have no problem holding on to it (unlike the bare phone...). I've had Otterbox for every phone since my iPhone4, worth every penny I paid for them.

denzilla

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Love the Otterbox cases. Have the Commuter on my 920. Slick enough to slide into my pocket, but grippy enough that I have no problem holding on to it (unlike the bare phone...). I've had Otterbox for every phone since my iPhone4, worth every penny I paid for them.

Forgive my dumb question, but when you installed commuter, how did you go about slipping the phone into the plastic outter shell? Did you slide the buttons side in first or did you insert the bottom into the plastic and then push the rest of the phone in like the directions said? It looks like it would be a real PITA to free your phone from this case if you ever had to.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered this from Ebay:

Nillkin Gentleman Folio Leather Cover Case LCD Guard for Nokia Lumia 920 Phil | eBay

Only problem is, its from China and shipping estimate says 2-4 weeks. That's a long damn time! I usually avoid buying from China, but I've been wanting a leather wallet type of case for a while now. And I came across this, which is one of a kind design. It looks pretty classy and not big and obnoxious and cheap. It will be a long wait, so I hope its worth it. I hope the quality is as good as the picture.

View attachment 26459

I love the look of this one. Not normally in to the folio style as they appear to be bulky but this seems very good. I've ordered a couple of hardshell clip on cases from China that seem to be taking the steam boat route to get here. this is one of them:

Bingsale? Nokia Lumia 920 Slim Hybrid Transparent Hard: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

31kf723s3qL.jpg

Also not technically a case but great for holding the phone safe in the car I ordered this from Amazon. Works fantastic in my Toyota Avensis.

Easy Fit Car / Vehicle Dedicated Air Vent Mount for Nokia Lumia 920: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

51WQjXGpFFL.jpg

Rudiepoo1

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

thedumbkid

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site

Loiselle

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to those who had my back in defending what I've done in here (about the CC-1043 and NOT telling how I got it.) People get mad when you don't dilvulge every single detail on something. I swear, why do people view it as bragging? All I did was post pics, and say right up front I'm not saying where I got it from, but all I know is they will be out soon. It was more of a "THESE DO EXIST AND THEY WILL BE OUT SOON!"

Somehow, people take that as being a douche, or that I am bragging.
-It would be a douche move if I posted the pics and left it at that, and didn't say anything else. People asked me questions about it and I was upfront and honest about it.
-It would be bragging if I was constantly showing new pics and rubbing it in peoples faces saying "look what I have, look what you don't!"

I guess that's how it is these days. But, now that they seem to be in the retail supply chain in some form or another, it was an employee of Nokia who reached out to me after I wrote a letter to their customer support team, inquiring about the existence of the CC-1043. I'm not going to say who, so that person isn't flooded with requests or inquiries (so please don't ask), but they were extremely helpful and gracious in getting me an early preview of what was coming.

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I also have Incipio Feather case, got it at Amazon. The build quality and fit is pretty good, BUT the surface is pretty slippery so the phoe feels less secure when using it with one hand, at least in my hand. Also, it doesn't offer much protection for top and bottom of the phone. Personally I'd recommend trying something like Incipio NGP case instead, it offers more body protection, especially if your phone hits the ground with any of its corners.

Last edited:

jdhooghe

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to those who had my back in defending what I've done in here (about the CC-1043 and NOT telling how I got it.) People get mad when you don't dilvulge every single detail on something. I swear, why do people view it as bragging? All I did was post pics, and say right up front I'm not saying where I got it from, but all I know is they will be out soon. It was more of a "THESE DO EXIST AND THEY WILL BE OUT SOON!"

Somehow, people take that as being a douche, or that I am bragging.
-It would be a douche move if I posted the pics and left it at that, and didn't say anything else. People asked me questions about it and I was upfront and honest about it.
-It would be bragging if I was constantly showing new pics and rubbing it in peoples faces saying "look what I have, look what you don't!"

I guess that's how it is these days. But, now that they seem to be in the retail supply chain in some form or another, it was an employee of Nokia who reached out to me after I wrote a letter to their customer support team, inquiring about the existence of the CC-1043. I'm not going to say who, so that person isn't flooded with requests or inquiries (so please don't ask), but they were extremely helpful and gracious in getting me an early preview of what was coming.

Sorry that the douche did that to you. I'm not exactly sure how it worked out in that person's head...all you were doing was showing the case 0.o Anyway, I wouldn't argue with him, he is obviously twisted in the head and logic won't make sense to him.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Tell me - has anyone ever managed to apply one of those screen protectors with out any air bubbles left inside that can't be removed? They plague me!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss