Cases or covers for Lumia 920

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
It is possible to apply screen protector without any bubbles - you just have to make sure your display is perfectly clean and do it very slowly and use the included plastic thingie/card to "push out" any trapped air while applying it... You may find some videos on YouTube of other people doing it, that may be more helpful to understand the whole process ;-)

ceraf

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
Most of the time, the air bubbles underneath a screen protector are caused by dust. I usually use some tape to get it off...some screen protectors come with a plastic sticky pad for that purpose too.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree it's usually dust creating the bubbles. It helps to apply it in the bathroom after leaving a hot shower on... The steam stops the dust from floating in the air.

poddie

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Then why say I was at all then? Why start something, or pile on?

Just ignore the standard trolls and understand that there are at least hundreds of us who looked at the pics and appreciated them without judging your motives. The internet is full of people with weird opinions on everything... take the good comments and ignore fools who sit in judgment of you over nothing. :)

Alex Kj

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I agree it's usually dust creating the bubbles. It helps to apply it in the bathroom after leaving a hot shower on... The steam stops the dust from floating in the air.
Yes, that helps too. Just don't overdo it with hot shower to the point that there's a visible thick steam everywhere - it's not very "healthy" for the phone's components ;-)

mclark2112

Feb 8, 2005
Visit site
I put on the skin from bestskinsever.com last night. It is a wet application, but worth it. Been using them for years. I have easily got more than a year per application.

Thargoid

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Finally got one of my cases on Friday from Singapore via ebay, but as I'm at work today and forgot my camera I can only show pictures taken with my 920 of the case un-fitted. Its a great case imo and looks very stylish on my black 920. No problems getting access to the side buttons even with gloves on although they are slightly offset. The slightly rough texture to the outer skin of the case provides just that little bit of extra grip you feel is needed.
You can see there is an inner lip to the top and bottom as you can see in the last photo which helps locate the phone in the case so its easy to take on and off but when its on you knwo it won't just "slip out" accidentally. They also do some other neat colours too. I highly recommend them.

WP_20130113_004.jpg

WP_20130113_005.jpg

WP_20130113_006.jpg

WP_20130113_007.jpg

WP_20130113_008.jpg

SchueyF1

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Think I might pick up a Cyan Incipio Feather case and a yellow Nokia gel case when it is released. For people who have the incipio case, does it provide a bit more grip than without a case? Thanks.

matthewryans

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There's a couple I saw yesterday at the Lumia launch event in Jakarta, Indonesia. The first one is a black regular rubber case that covers the whole body. It costs $8. The second one is covered in leather and has a 'flip-cover'. It costs $28. Just try looking for them on eBay.

DKDogz54

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I feel that compared to the matte lumia's, the incipio case gives me a worse grip. Not sure if the extra few millimeters and weight are the main factors, but I find myself now putting my pinky below the phone in order to prevent it from slowly slipping down.

CrackFachry

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
There's a couple I saw yesterday at the Lumia launch event in Jakarta, Indonesia. The first one is a black regular rubber case that covers the whole body. It costs $8. The second one is covered in leather and has a 'flip-cover'. It costs $28. Just try looking for them on eBay.

I bought the regular rubber case/cover. It's CC-1043. Best case I've bought so far. Loved it! Only comes with black color though. Wish they sell other colors too at the event.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99