Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Hop to it!
    Last edited by vagrantwade; 10-21-2012 at 07:35 PM.

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    Congratulations!

No word (I mean literally nothing at all, most other places have at least a vague idea) on pricing, availability or preorders. It's great how Nokia supports its own people lol :P

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    Congratulations!

No word (I mean literally nothing at all, most other places have at least a vague idea) on pricing, availability or preorders. It's great how Nokia supports its own people lol :P
    Not sure what you mean. Do you live in some other country where it's not on preorder yet?
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,286 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vagrantwade View Post
    Not sure what you mean. Do you live in some other country where it's not on preorder yet?
    He mentioned he was from Finland in another post.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Is there a way to get the International version in Canada? I do not want the Rogers phone mainly because lack of colours it has. I would really like to pre-order one.

AT&T is taking pre-orders today as well. Site is currently down until 5pm CT, after which online chat sales says you can pre-order.

They'd never do this to apple preorders....how annoying

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dula714 View Post
    Is there a way to get the International version in Canada? I do not want the Rogers phone mainly because lack of colours it has. I would really like to pre-order one.

Some UK sites do but I think the color choice is also limited. I hear carphonewarehouse.com will have them but not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by STM 69 View Post
    AT&T is taking pre-orders today as well. Site is currently down until 5pm CT, after which online chat sales says you can pre-order.

They'd never do this to apple preorders....how annoying

Then again Apple products don't usually open preorders on a Sunday.

Global Posts
    2,523 Global Posts
    As mentioned by Palandri, I am from Finland.

Naturally the irony here is that Nokia is from Finland, but we are the last in line cos we are such a small market. Even all other nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden) have gotten their ballpark figures of availability and pricing, but we have had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And that's not exaggeration, absolutely nothing!

But in that sense fast availability on other markets is more important anyways, as Nokias position and success in Finland is a given.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Coreldan View Post
    As mentioned by Palandri, I am from Finland.

Naturally the irony here is that Nokia is from Finland, but we are the last in line cos we are such a small market. Even all other nordic countries (Denmark, Norway, Sweden) have gotten their ballpark figures of availability and pricing, but we have had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. And that's not exaggeration, absolutely nothing!

But in that sense fast availability on other markets is more important anyways, as Nokias position and success in Finland is a given.
    I assumed Nokia just gave the finnish free phones at parades or something.
    Last edited by vagrantwade; 10-21-2012 at 10:09 AM.
    ProfessorTripp likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,474 Global Posts
    Some UK sites do but I think the color choice is also limited. I hear carphonewarehouse.com will have them but not yet.
    From what I have read I would say you are incorrect. AFAIK only EE will be selling the 920 in the UK.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,286 Global Posts
    You can order an unlocked 920 here:

Nokia Lumia 920 (3G 850/1900 MHz AT&T) Smartphone Black Unlocked Import at MobileCityOnline.com

Always check sites like Amazon, eBay, NewEgg... etc... for pricing because it varies.
    Check out the great deals on Windows Phone Accessories: http://store.wpcentral.com

Global Posts
    1,107 Global Posts
    That's nice. I was not expecting below 199 price, neither was i expecting Lumia 920 to cost the same as HTC 8X without contract.

Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    lol, ATT rep just told me he wasnt taking pre-orders and that the phone just isnt popular enough to do that, they would just have them available when they are available and he dosnt know the date. Pre-order response is probably not accurate, but I am getting a little annoyed that know one knows a available date, even best buys site says ships when available...this is getting really lame.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ebaneeezor View Post
    lol, ATT rep just told me he wasnt taking pre-orders and that the phone just isnt popular enough to do that, they would just have them available when they are available and he dosnt know the date. Pre-order response is probably not accurate, but I am getting a little annoyed that know one knows a available date, even best buys site says ships when available...this is getting really lame.
    Well the 21st preorder date was correct. So I would bet the Nov 4th date is as well.

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I've never pre-ordered through BestBuy and I'm kinda hesitant because I do not want my current unlimited data to get screwed up.

Thanks folks for all the tips.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    On the Bestbuy preorder their is a choice to keep your current plan the same and you don't have to choose a new one.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maj71303 View Post
    On the Bestbuy preorder their is a choice to keep your current plan the same and you don't have to choose a new one.
    That isn't for data though. But judging by the fact that it offered me the chance to keep my old data rate that no longer exists, I am assuming it does the same thing for unlimited.

I opted to pay $10 more for 3gb though.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    That isn't for data though. But judging by the fact that it offered me the chance to keep my old data rate that no longer exists, I am assuming it does the same thing for unlimited.

I opted to pay $10 more for 3gb though.
    that was for Data when I got to the screen it listed all the data choices and at the bottom of those choices was keep current plan.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maj71303 View Post
    that was for Data when I got to the screen it listed all the data choices and at the bottom of those choices was keep current plan.
    Ah gotcha. I planned on upgrading so I guess I didn't look at closely.

Global Posts
    369 Global Posts
    Ah gotcha. I planned on upgrading so I guess I didn't look at closely.
    yep that was for the upgrade process. might be different for a new activation.

Global Posts
    2,004 Global Posts
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Is there any reason to wait for ATT to have preorders? Do you guys think best buy will get the phone to us as fast as att on the 2nd or the 4th etc? Never purchased a phone from BB before.

Global Posts
    1,411 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wp8nyc View Post
    Is there any reason to wait for ATT to have preorders? Do you guys think best buy will get the phone to us as fast as att on the 2nd or the 4th etc? Never purchased a phone from BB before.
    You should get the phone the same time assuming you don't order it way late and it gets more than a 2 week backorder.

The real advantage is that it's typically cheaper unactivated from the carrier themselves.
    Thanked by:
    wp8nyc 

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    Thanks for that - ill be buying it as a upgrade so seems like going with BB is fine.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast