Is the AT&T "unactivated" 920 at Bestbuy the same as "unlocked"?

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
I saw on the Bestbuy website you can order 920 for $599 as "unactivated", if that means "unlocked" then it seems to be a great price ($100 less than Negri let's say).

Does the unactivated 920 still only accept AT&T sim card? Or any prepaid GSM card will work?

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It will still be locked to ATNT (afaik). You will not be able to use it on any other carrier.

Last edited:

Yang_H

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
It will still be locked to ATNT (afaik). You will not be able to use it on any other carrier.

Thanks! Thant kind of sucks...

Anyway, will those AT&T MVNO prepay sim cards like Straight Talk work? And how difficult will it be to completely unlock the AT&T "unactivated" phone?

wp8nyc

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Cant say for sure about the Straight Talk sim.

For a unlock code from AT&T usually takes quite some time - I have a Focus S currently and they still do not have the code for me to unlock. I suppose you could use a 3rd party but I wouldn't see it coming anytime soon.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Can anyone recommend any SIM unlock sites for AT&T as I have directed to one for ?79.99, and was wondering if there were any cheaper out there?

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
From my previous experience with ATT...
Since this model is att exclusive for 6 months you won;t be able to get the unlock code from any of the sites...

IF they say that you will get it then they will say that they could not find the unlock code for your device and they will refund your money

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6