Local AT&T still not taking pre-orders

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
I went to one of my local AT&T stores today and they said they were having training next week on the new Windows Phones and that it should probably go on sale the week after that. So it looks like the week of Nov. 4 is going to be correct for the launch of WP8. I will try and get to the other one in the mall tomorrow and see if they have any other info.

dbgman

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Just chatted with AT&T. No pre-order date yet. Aren't we like a week or so away from launch?

No pricing yet either. I am hoping they have some sort of package deals as well.

Something like:

Lumia 920 & charging stand
Lumia 920 & charging plate
Lumia 920 & JBL power up wireless charging speaker
Lumia 920 & purity headset

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The most popular theory at the moment is that they pushed the preorder date back from Oct 21st due to training reasons, but Best Buy apparently did not get the memo. So Best Buy will continue preorders with AT&T most likely later next week.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
The most popular theory at the moment is that they pushed the preorder date back from Oct 21st due to training reasons, but Best Buy apparently did not get the memo. So Best Buy will continue preorders with AT&T most likely later next week.

Who cares if they are trained :) we'll still know more about the phones than they will!

Take my money already!!!

Yangstax

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Just visited my local BB store and they told me that they would accept pre-order at store. They also honor the web quoted $149. She hinted that price at AT&T was supposed be at $199. That makes sense then since the L822 is priced at $99 at Verizon. The price of L820 should also be $99 at AT&T. In that case, L920 should be priced at least $100 higher than L820. I suggest that you go check it out immediately at your BB local store and see if if you can pre-order L920 there at $149. The whole thing is so strange that you just can't trust anybody. It appears to be some kind of screw up some where.

chevans920

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Just visited my local BB store and they told me that they would accept pre-order at store. They also honor the web quoted $149. She hinted that price at AT&T was supposed be at $199. That makes sense then since the L822 is priced at $99 at Verizon. The price of L820 should also be $99 at AT&T. In that case, L920 should be priced at least $100 higher than L820. I suggest that you go check it out immediately at your BB local store and see if if you can pre-order L920 there at $149. The whole thing is so strange that you just can't trust anybody. It appears to be some kind of screw up some where.

I'll gladly pay $199 for the 920 to make sure I get what I want. Over a 2 year contract, that boils down to $.20 a day vs $.27 a day to get what I want, when I want! All of the "here then not here" stuff would have me worried pre ordering from BB. I am not a big risk taker with this stuff, especially after I got up at 2am CST to pre order my wife's iphone 5 on their pre order launch and it was still late... IMHO, it is a much nicer phone than anything out there - again just stating my opinion!

rockonit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I was in our local AT&T corporate store on Tuesday, 23 Oct, and asked the manager about the 920. He told me they were to get their training on Nov 14th. That seems a little late compared to what others say here. But, I agree, let me train myself...just give me the phone.

bauerbach

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
we will know EVERYTHING on Monday, I am fairly confident in that. with the official wp8 event, surely some light will be shed.

An official release date for instance... we thought maybe nov 4th, but ever other date that came with that rumor has been wrong so far. I mean, why launch on a sunday, how would you deliver phones by mail? and the surface launched on a Friday... That makes way more sense than sunday.

Im thinking more like nov 16th since there are rumors about tmobile and verizon into that time period.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
On the one hand, a lot of international carriers are launching on the 12th. On the other hand, AT&T is the "premier" carrier and they launch phones on Sundays, so the 4th or the 11th would be more likely.

The 4th is my wish, but I'm feeling like the 11th seems more likely given the dates listed elsewhere.

The tight-lipped part of this makes little sense to me. These devices are all announced, known quantities. If you want to save a full hands-on demo of Windows Phone 8 and app announcements for the Monday announcement, that's a great idea.

But release date uncertainty is never good.

rockonit

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this update: "BGR has confirmed with multiple sources that AT&T (T) currently is planning to launch the much-awaited Nokia (NOK) Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 on November 11th." Further, they said 3 colors but didn't name them. Another rumor?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Just saw this update: "BGR has confirmed with multiple sources that AT&T (T) currently is planning to launch the much-awaited Nokia (NOK) Lumia 920 with Windows Phone 8 on November 11th." Further, they said 3 colors but didn't name them. Another rumor?

That's in line with the information I got and tweeted on Sept. 7. The rumors of a November 4 and even October launch seemed too optimistic.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

LOL. I swear I didn't read that before I made my post.

The three colors make sense. White, Black, Red. Just like we thought before. Yellow and Cyan are Web exclusives. I'll be getting a white one.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
That's in line with the information I got and tweeted on Sept. 7. The rumors of a November 4 and even October launch seemed too optimistic.

I can pretty much confirm that both the release and preorder date were pushed back ~1 week. Everything was originally intended to be; Preorder 21st - Release 2nd-4th. I have a source(in-law). The original dates were soft scheduled though as they were pretty much reliant on the OS being ready and training logistics.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I can pretty much confirm that both the release and preorder date were pushed back ~1 week. Everything was originally intended to be; Preorder 21st - Release 2nd-4th. I have a source(in-law). The original dates were soft scheduled though as they were pretty much reliant on the OS being ready and training logistics.

I would assume the Best Buy pre-order ship date will similarly be moved back a week. Does your source happen to know if that's true as well?

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I would assume the Best Buy pre-order ship date will similarly be moved back a week. Does your source happen to know if that's true as well?

Best Buy screwed up basically. Their web systems team launched the ad/preorder page on the original date and didn't get it removed in time.

They should be resuming preorders in conjunction with AT&T's preorders.

firewall2302

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Best Buy screwed up basically. Their web systems team launched the ad/preorder page on the original date and didn't get it removed in time.

They should be resuming preorders in conjunction with AT&T's preorders.

Aww, I was hoping (probably unrealistically) that it would still ship out for next week.

I'm going nuts waiting for my 920 :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99