Switching to ATT.. i have some questions.. :)

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I decided to switch from T-Mobile to ATT for the L920. Never had a truly high end device before. Always had blackberry and now i have the L710.

So I'm pretty excited.

My question is, can I transfer my apps that I have already?

With Blackberry, even if I'd switch carriers, I was still able to transfer my apps even the ones I paid for.

I have some expensive apps. Will I have to buy them again?

Thanks.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I decided to switch from T-Mobile to ATT for the L920. Never had a truly high end device before. Always had blackberry and now i have the L710.

So I'm pretty excited.

With Blackberry, even if I'd switch carriers, I was still able to transfer my apps even the ones I paid for.

Thanks.

Like virtually every store, the purchases are tied to your account. So as long as you use the same account, you can just redownload without paying.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

So I'm pretty excited.

Thanks.

I really hope your service is at least as good as what you got with T-Mobile. I want the 920, too, but I'm absolutely not willing to switch just to get it. I'd sooner shell out $700 for an unlocked one, but that's me.

Good luck.

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I really hope your service is at least as good as what you got with T-Mobile. I want the 920, too, but I'm absolutely not willing to switch just to get it. I'd sooner shell out $700 for an unlocked one, but that's me.

Good luck.

Why is T-mobiles service better? I thought Verizon and ATT were the best.

I would have got an unlocked version also, but it will not work for T-Mobile until 2014 when the refarming is fully complete and they switch to LTE.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I would have got an unlocked version also, but it will not work for T-Mobile until 2014 when the refarming is fully complete and they switch to LTE.

Depends on your location. At&t service sucks in my area but Verizon is great. Tmobile isn't even an option in my area.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site

Good luck.
Yeah, I'm with Metalchick. It's just a big jump to switch carriers for the 920 when it might possibly come to T-Mo down the line (possibly) or an updated Lumia in a year or so might become available to T-Mo upon it's release. A lot of maybe's but that's my logic...for now. But best wishes for you. At least you'll have the 920 in your hands!

jkrc717

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I'm with Metalchick. It's just a big jump to switch carriers for the 920 when it might possibly come to T-Mo down the line (possibly) or an updated Lumia in a year or so might become available to T-Mo upon it's release. A lot of maybe's but that's my logic...for now. But best wishes for you. At least you'll have the 920 in your hands!

With me, it was all about getting a really high end phone for the first time in my life. I would normally have no problem with the 810. I want to treat myself this holiday season.

Plus, I have a 710 and i bought it used a while back and the speaker went out on me. So I need a new phone asap.

I just hope I can keep my apps. Thats what this post is about.

Ron Paul

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
With me, it was all about getting a really high end phone for the first time in my life. I would normally have no problem with the 810. I want to treat myself this holiday season.

Plus, I have a 710 and i bought it used a while back and the speaker went out on me. So I need a new phone asap.

I just hope I can keep my apps. Thats what this post is about.

I find my AT&T service to not be worth any of the money I throw at them. The only reason I stick around is because I am still on unlimited. I will be purchasing the grey Nokia Lumia 920 unlocked and heading over to StraightTalk. AT&T costs an absurd amount... But I guess that is the entire state of the cell phone business here in America...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site

Verizon and AT&T are the best. T-mobile doesn't have 4G LTE, though that should change slowly as their merger with MetroPCS begins. If you live in an area that has LTE the data speeds are fantastic. My phone's connection is nearly as fast as my home internet connection virtually anywhere I go in South Florida, which is great.

I find my AT&T service to not be worth any of the money I throw at them. The only reason I stick around is because I am still on unlimited. I will be purchasing the grey Nokia Lumia 920 unlocked and heading over to StraightTalk. AT&T costs an absurd amount... But I guess that is the entire state of the cell phone business here in America...

AT&T and Verizon are expensive. I considered Straight Talk myself, but I've heard from a number of reliable sources that they limit your data usage, throttle your speed etc. and that has made me wary of it.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
From things I've heard from people I know who are with AT&T, they're far from being the best. I'm always being told that the service sucks, and this is from people in the NYC area. Also from some in Florida. So, it all depends on your location. Just because AT&T gets the top phones doesn't mean they have the "best" service.

Verizon is another story. I consistently hear positive feedback from people I know who are customers of theirs. The only thing with them is that they're ridiculously expensive.

As for T-Mobile not having LTE, I honestly couldn't care less about that. I'm on Wi-Fi 95% of the time. 3G speeds were always enough when I've been out and away from a Wi-Fi signal.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
AT&T and Verizon are expensive. I considered Straight Talk myself, but I've heard from a number of reliable sources that they limit your data usage, throttle your speed etc. and that has made me wary of it.

I personally haven't ever had any issues with Straight Talk throttling my data or limiting me at all. I love the service, & I especially love the price. I've even streamed YouTube and Zune though it without any problems. I wouldn't do that stuff all day everyday, but I do them some, plus using the GPS for driving directions. With the new DataSense on WP8 reducing the data you use it becomes even less of a problem.

jonathan sink

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site

yeah I'm switching for the L920 from the L710 my tmo services is spotty at best with friends on att who swear by there service.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

I was paying $173 a month for two smartphones on AT&T. It's insane unless you're already grandfathered into a sweet contract. I recently signed up for their new shared data plan which dropped the cost down to $138. I also got rid of the insurance on both phones because at this point I'd rather buy a used 900/Titan than pay AT&T's deductible+monthly fee. Plus I get a discount for being a gov'ment employee. So around $120 a month. Still pricey but a lot more responsible than $172 and the added data tethering and visual voicemail is a nice touch.

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Just out of curiosity, which GB allotement on ATT did you sign up with and with how many lines? I too am eligible for a Gov't discount and am trying to figure out what the final amount of my bill would be if i sign up for their 4gb shared plan with 2 smartphones . Before taxes and discounts it comes to $150.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I signed up for the 1GB. With wifi at home/work I use about 200MBs a month. My girl uses even less. That's the only reason we can get away with the 1GB plan. If not for wifi I would probably need between 2-3 gigs.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb