Four things about the Lumia 920 that I need to know before I buy.

rakeshrai

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I would like to get the Lumia 920 but I've four concerns:

1)How much of the internal storage will be taken up by WP8 OS? Because 32GB isn't much to begin with.

2)How will the battery life be? I know Snapdragon S4 is good for battery but I've got feedback that the Lumia 800 isn't fantastic with battery life. I hope 2000mAh will make a difference.

3)Is the screen?s super sensitivity switched on all the time? Because if it is then that would be detrimental to battery life.

4) Not a deal breaker but I hope there?s FM radio.

mmacleodbrown

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
No FM radio

There was an article on Nokia conversations about the screen sensitivity..
How much space Win8 will take, no-one knows as we haven't seen the phones yet.
Battery life is still a mystery as we haven't seen the phones yet..

luckyhillkop

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

1)How much of the internal storage will be taken up by WP8 OS? Because 32GB isn't much to begin with.

2)How will the battery life be? I know Snapdragon S4 is good for battery but I've got feedback that the Lumia 800 isn't fantastic with battery life. I hope 2000mAh will make a difference.

3)Is the screen?s super sensitivity switched on all the time? Because if it is then that would be detrimental to battery life.

4) Not a deal breaker but I hope there?s FM radio.
Oooh I can answer no 3. You can turn it off to save battery.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

32 GB + 7 GB SkyDrive (25GB in my case) = 39 GB at least or 57 GB.

Lumia 800 DOESN'T have a snapdragon s4 so how can you compare?

3)Is the screen’s super sensitivity switched on all the time? Because if it is then that would be detrimental to battery life.
Yes, it is. It ISN'T detrimental to the battery life unless you have an evidence it is. The screen is only super sensitive when you wake up your phone. That is how it is made. Dont see how it kills any battery.

4) Not a deal breaker but I hope there’s FM radio.
Radio - Nokia music has a radio, so does Xbox music - not FM, internet. There are about 17 apps for radio in marketplace, not FM.
I hope this helps.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by rakeshrai

32 GB + 7 GB SkyDrive (25GB in my case) = 39 GB at least or 57 GB.

What he's asking is how much of the internal 32gb is available to the user. The OS takes up some of that 32gb, probably leaving less than 30gb for on-device storage of apps and data.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
1) 26.5 GB remaining (see attached)

2) Will let you know tomorrow.

3) No. Doesn't interfere either. Works with keys fine.

4) No FM.

5) 900 didn't, I expect this screen to be better since its Gorilla Glass II, plus its advertised to work with keys. As such, I did not notice any scratching and I was playing around with it using keys.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1) 26.5 GB remaining (see attached)

2) Will let you know tomorrow.

3) No. Doesn't interfere either. Works with keys fine.

4) No FM.

5) 900 didn't, I expect this screen to be better since its Gorilla Glass II, plus its advertised to work with keys. As such, I did not notice any scratching and I was playing around with it using keys.

hey,thanks for that! concerning 5), I was actually asking about the backside...since the previous Lumias were all matte I am unsure wheter the glossy finish of the polycarbonate will last as long as gorilla glass.

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
hey,thanks for that! concerning 5), I was actually asking about the backside...since the previous Lumias were all matte I am unsure wheter the glossy finish of the polycarbonate will last as long as gorilla glass.

Well, the matte finish feels different from the Cyan 900. There's a slight sheen to the Cyan device, yet the black one has no sheen and feels smoother, looks better.

Also the metal Nokia logo around the lens looks more durable, whereas the old one scratched on day one, this one looks like it will last. And yes, the old one scratched easily from keys and change in pocket.

I don't use a case or protective screen on any of my Nokia devices.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3