What the deuce....STILL NO US DATE OR PRICE?

chriscookz

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Jesus Christ, this is getting ridiculous. I really hope AT&T announces that info today, I'm sick of all of these announcements with no real information about availability. Ugh. Super frustrated.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Jesus Christ, this is getting ridiculous. I really hope AT&T announces that info today, I'm sick of all of these announcements with no real information about availability. Ugh. Super frustrated.

Well it would make no sense for the developer of the firmware to be the one to reveal that.

km99

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
This is absolutely ridiculous! I can't believe they still did not announce any specific dates!
No wonder people think windows phone launch is a joke.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
They would do that because there has already been a Lumia 920 event, preview WP8 event, and now the official WP8 event, and if this phone is the "standard bearer" - which we all know it is - then it should've been spotlighted with a release date.

I assume this event was coordinated with their hardware partners and manufacturers. If not, then...facepalm.

sconrad308

Feb 22, 2012
Visit site
The OS company can't tell you when it will be available at the carriers. That is the carriers job. They will announce when they are ready to announce.

Now, if this was a Surface phone announcement then they could release dates and carrier info. But this isn't their hardware. Only their software. It is up to the OEM's and the Carriers to announce this.

Have patience, it won't kill you if this isn't announced in the next ten minutes.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
The OS company can't tell you when it will be available at the carriers. That is the carriers job. They will announce when they are ready to announce.

Now, if this was a Surface phone announcement then they could release dates and carrier info. But this isn't their hardware. Only their software. It is up to the OEM's and the Carriers to announce this.

Have patience, it won't kill you if this isn't announced in the next ten minutes.

Exactly. The only reason they were able to announce T-Mobile's specific dates is because T-Mobile themselves released this before the event.

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site

Sigh.

Yes, I know Microsoft isn't a carrier or a manufacturer.

But the whole point of leading up this event is to end all speculation, anticipation and have people watching the broadcast or reading the liveblog charged up and ready to visit a Microsoft store or carrier store THIS WEEKEND or whenever the specific date of release is.

This would only behoove their carrier partners and also behoove the manufacturers, who likely wouldn't be able to get this as much visibility for their product on their own. They obviously had the embargo lift and device reviews coordinated and ready to go now. They should have had these dates coordinated as well.

If this had happened once, it might be understandable. But the fact that there have been four "events" now related to either the Nokia Lumia 920, Windows Phone 8, or a combination of the two with NO price or release date is a travesty any way you try to spin it.

Part of Apple's superior salesmanship is getting people worked up at their events and then giving them specific action items (Preorder on X date! Buy on Y date!) to take up as soon as the event is over. With Windows Phone 8, you juust have to keep checking blogs and websites to get all of the info you need. Not cool.

Making the consumer do work to buy YOUR product never is.

lennyk1313

Oct 21, 2012
Visit site
Verizon Release date and Pricing announced.
T-mobile Release date and Pricing announced.
AT&T Nothing!

I mean come on AT&T really? Not to mention all these separate events for Nokia, Windows 8 mobile, and AT&T separate announcement. When will they learn. Question is who should learn from all of this, Microsoft, Nokia or AT&T?

Reeves

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
The fact that the HTC was the phone reviewed already by tech blogs and not the 920 is telling...

Interesting that Engadget calls it the flagship in their headline and The Verge calls it "the signature" handset in theirs.

I guess Microsoft went with who had their distribution game together.

I find the reviews a little confusing, however. One says the 8X lost the "burst mode" it had on the One X, and then another review of the OS says the new PhotoStrip lens adds burst mode that is fully configurable.

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
How do they not have Ballmer ready with the info at the end of this keynote speech?

Not that hard to figure out, about a billion different sources say Nov 11-12 and price is probably going to be $199 and $599 off contract.

If those numbers aren't accurate, I promise you they are very, very close.

Now relax.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb