Proud Owner of a Lumia 920!

rtotheich

Nov 21, 2011
Visit site
Yo Ib, congrats on your new Lumia and welcome to Windows Phone :cool:

Since nobody seems to actually be answering your question, I'll give you some starter tips:

Best YouTube app for WP: Metrotube
If you want a Siri-like voice recognition app: Ask Ziggy is your woman
Last.fm is Microsoft's brain child in the internet radio world
Viber will give you sweet HD voice-calls
and the best weather app is WeatherLive

This is just my opinion of course! As for the phones functionality, they've added and moved things around in WP8 so you'll need to let us know how THAT is.

Happy Lumia day!

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Don't mean to rub it in. Please excuse the crudity of this picture, it was taken with an iPhone! Boohahahaaaaa... iPhone!

photo.JPG

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the feeling this guy is full of it. From what I have read Rogers will be releasing the 920 on November 12th. Which is the Monday after the day I have been told it will come to AT&T.

anon(5344092)

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm getting the feeling this guy is full of it. From what I have read Rogers will be releasing the 920 on November 12th. Which is the Monday after the day I have been told it will come to AT&T.

It has a Canada-wide release of Nov 12, but many Rogers stores in Canada are getting 5-10 devices in today and tomorrow.

"Rogers Plus store in Montreal (Peel st and St Catherines) got 5 920′s in today, i managed to grab one of them!"
"I called Rogers store in Waterloo. They said they would indeed have some lumia 920 late this afternoon!"
"So I called my local Rogers Plus store here in Windsor and they confirmed they are one of the select stores and they should be getting the phones in today…..at some point"
"my girlfriend is enroute to the store to pick mine up! I called and they said they received the phones this morning. Select stores do indeed have them available."

These are all comments from an article on MobileSyrup. I know it isn't 100% proof, but I'm leaning towards the fact that it's probably true...

Yakkaimono

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Well someone on a german speaking forum already got his from france and pics to prove as well. So just chill people. The phones are definitely coming out.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
The pic link I posted is from my SkyDrive. The insert pic icon on this forum calls for a URL, the attach icon throws an error �� Suggestions?

anon(5344092)

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Can't say I'm surprised. They really need to roll out LTE here while they're at it.

Personally, I'd choose a plan without LTE. Cheaper and takes up less battery. I don't really need that extra speed and I don't want to be spending $80 a month after taxes and the other bull**** on top haha

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Congrats! At least now we know there's no problem with these devices that prevents them from being announced in the US.

Not necessarily true. The 920 that WP got yesterday was running pre-release software. Rogers and AT&T could also have different requirements. I'm not saying that it isn't ready for AT&T, but the two networks can be different in expectations/requirements.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I bought the phone in Windsor, Ontario, Canada. I made some quick reviews in my car. Will be uploading them soon.

The store only had 2. I got the first 1. Wait a bit until my videos are up.

Phone is amazing!!!!!!! Off-contract price is $600+tax.

Last edited:

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Yo Ib, congrats on your new Lumia and welcome to Windows Phone :cool:

Since nobody seems to actually be answering your question, I'll give you some starter tips:

Best YouTube app for WP: Metrotube
If you want a Siri-like voice recognition app: Ask Ziggy is your woman
Last.fm is Microsoft's brain child in the internet radio world
Viber will give you sweet HD voice-calls
and the best weather app is WeatherLive

This is just my opinion of course! As for the phones functionality, they've added and moved things around in WP8 so you'll need to let us know how THAT is.

Happy Lumia day!
Thanks for the tips!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss