| | 10-30-2012, 01:58 PM #1
Here are probably the first pictures of the phone from a consumer.
I called my Rogers Store in Windsor, Ontario, Canada around 11:30 A.M. EST and they said they just received 2 Lumia 920.
I got there at 12:00 P.M. and bought the first one. The phone off-contract was $600 + 13% tax = $678.
I made some of the video reviews right away in my car filming with my Lumia 900.
I hope what's below helps answering your questions.
Part 1 Video Review:
Part 2 Video Review:
Part 3 Video Review:
Part 4 Video Review:
Daylight Video Driving Sample:
Nighttime Video Driving Sample:
Video Recording with Loud Music inside a vehicle:
180-degree video recording:
Nokia Lumia 920 First Review | Rogers Canada Pt.5:
Nokia Lumia 920 Review | Camera Settings:
NEWFluorescent White Balance:
NEW Auto Focus OFF Walking:
NEW Walking up the stairs video and running:
NEW Night Driving Video | AF OFF:
NEW Nokia Lumia 920 First Review | Rogers Canada Pt.6:
Full-res pictures taken with the 920 (continuously updated):http://sdrv.ms/XUJ7FR
Panoramic Picture taken with the "lenses" feature can be seen here: http://sdrv.ms/UeJNky
Side by side comparison of 920 vs 900 at night. The 900 had Night mode ON.: http://sdrv.ms/UfmQha
Box Contents: http://sdrv.ms/Svek0P In-ear piece is WH-208. Charger is AC-16U (same as 900).
3 new side-by-side comparisons between the 920 and the 900 at 6:30 P.M. EST. Very cloudy and light starting to fade: http://sdrv.ms/YpguzP , http://sdrv.ms/YpgJem , http://sdrv.ms/YpgNLg
Pure Darkness - Flash on AUTO: http://sdrv.ms/PmYi8H --- Outside - Streetlight - No Flash: http://sdrv.ms/TUVAEf
NEW Various pictures taken today inside and outside: http://sdrv.ms/StOVCl
1.No info on whether bluetooth is 4.0 or not. No mention in the manual nor the box.
2.Nokia Counters app can't be downloaded yet. It says the app needs features the phone doesn't have. (ironic)
3.Battery gets warmer than the 900's when being charged. It is also more towards the top of the phone.
4.No Macro Focus mode in the camera and no Contract setting neither. I always had my 900's camera contract at High.
5.Can't add Whatsapp notification to Lockscreen. Whatsapp developers need to update their app.
6.Mobile Network setting has add internet apn and mms apn
7.Backup options: app list+settings, text messages, photos.
8. Phone can take clear pictures of books/text while my 900 used to struggle getting a clear focus.
9. Multitasking and resuming apps is definitely very very fast.
10. So far, WIFI still turns OFF 30 seconds after the phone sleeps.
11. GPS is lightning fast and the phone has Nokia Drive Beta+ version 220.127.116.119 and map version is 18.104.22.168
12.Facebook app notification count on tile and lockscreen are stuck at 3 although I already saw the notifications and they are cleared inside the app (PUSH still a hit/miss with WP)
13. I would have loved a feature when you can tap on the notification on the lock screen and it would tell you who called you or who the message/email is from. Now you only see the icon with a number but without other info.
14.First LTE Speed test on Rogers Wireless LTE Network with 2 signal bars: 12.6Mbps download and 6Mbps upload with 161ms latency
15. Frequency bands listed on the box:WCDMA850/900/1900/2100/1700_2100 LTE700/850/1900/1700_2100 GSMQUAD
16.Other 920 users are claiming the ones sold by Rogers are FACTORY UNLOCKED. I will verify this as soon as I can get my hands on a non-Rogers micro sim card.
17.I tried my in-ear headset in both the 900 and the 920 playing the same song and the results are very very similar. The audio was crisp clear and the bass was very rich. (Not an audio expert)
18. Macro Focus Mode is not an option anymore because of OIS. Instead there is a Focus Assist Light which helps the camera focus.
19.Phone gets warmer than the Lumia 900 above the camera when in heavy use / long charging time.
20. I just put a Fido sim card in it and it worked and I was able to make a phone call and even got 3G (since Fido doesn't have LTE yet).
Therefore, the early batch of Lumia 920s sold by Rogers are FACTORY UNLOCKED!
21. Battery Life Update: I haven't been tracking numbers, but so far, it seems the 920's battery life is better than the 900.
22. A proxy can be enabled for an access point guys.
I am studying Electrical Engineering and taking courses in batteries and learnt that the more often you can charge a battery from a higher level, the better since long/deep charging cycles take a lot of time which produce more heat --> which raises the battery's temperature --> which decreases its health and life cycle.
So I always plug my device whenever I can until it reaches 100%.
Overall though, battery life is not issue. I can see the phone easily lasting 1.5 days with moderate use.
NOTE: I am on LTE at work with 1 to 2 bars only yet battery life is still amazing.