NOKIA Lumia 920: AMAZING phone! Got mine today

Sniper1087

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Since IE10 has flash baked in in Win8...does IE10 in WP8 have flash support? or no?

Not a big deal but I thought maybe it could? might?

How is the battery life anyways?

Oh and what GSM/UMTS/LTE bands are supported? Shouhld say on the back of the box. If I were to pick up Lumia920 and use it on a different carrier, which direction would be the way to go...internation? black only Rogers? or an AT&T model?

as far as flash is not supported, because Adobe make the decision as of August 15 this year to not make any more software for any mobile device, they are transitioning to HTML 5.

tlo07

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I also would like to know about the low lighting pictures. That was the reason I sent my L900 back.

I'm SO freaking jealous of you for having it already! Dang AT&T....!

devize

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Does WP8 separate the system/ringer volume from music volume? Hate how there was only one volume control in WP7.

I'd also like to know this. Not only does my Android phone have separate volumes for the ringer/music/alarm/alerts/system sounds but it also changes my media volume when it automatically connects to my car through bluetooth. Would be good if WP8 could offer something similar.

Landsharkk

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
I'd also like to know this. Not only does my Android phone have separate volumes for the ringer/music/alarm/alerts/system sounds but it also changes my media volume when it automatically connects to my car through bluetooth. Would be good if WP8 could offer something similar.

Even my older WM6.5 device has the separate volume controls (ringer/system). I think it sucks that the transition from WM6.5 to WP7 they left a lot of ideas behind that were very good/wanted ideas.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
So today I picked up my Lumia 920 from Rogers (they wouldn't sell me it outright so I had to re-sign my contract), and I must say... this phone is freakin' amazing. The device is extremely smooth, the camera is fantastic (even the front facing camera), and the display is one of the best I've ever seen.

Some things I felt should be noted:

- The Facebook and Twitter applications have received significant speed improvements (you can actually use the Facebook app now)
- Windows Phone 8 is much snappier than 7.5
- The 920 still has that loud vibrate sound that the 900 had
- The screen is very bright, and whites don't look grey
- The phone is heavier than the average smartphone, but it actually compliments the design of the phone and you don't really notice it (I prefer it to be honest)
- In IE10, you can set the default search engine as Google
- You can turn off the extreme screen sensitivity (hasn't posed an issue though)
- LTE speeds are fast- web pages load extremely fast
- Windows Phone 8 brings a lot of new accent colours that are pleasing (really like the Steele grey)
- Volume keys and un/lock key well constructed - no rattle or rocking - better than 900

The more I play around with the device the more I'll post up. Also, the Rogers variant came with headphones (US 900 didn't). Another thing worth mentioning is that there is a slight hiccup/delay when you pull up the setting menu in the camera (nothing new here, same thing that happened on 7.5). It's not really lag, just a slower animation compared to the rest of the phone when the menu pops up.

Overall, this phone is a huge improvement from the 900. The screen is amazing, the phone is fast, and the camera finally competes with the Galaxy series and iPhone line up.

Edit: Another thing worth noting is that for available memory (right out of the box) it says 26 GB (assuming my phone has a capacity of 32GB storage).

If you have any questions about the phone feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Congruts on your new Lumia 920. Thanks for the review.

1) Lumia 920 has Digital Dolby sound. So how good is the speakers while listening to music and attend calls?
2) Does the music stops playing when you close Nokia Music or just like WP7.5 it keeps on playing thus creating need for 3rd party apps like Stop Music?
3) What are the additional features in Nokia Drive+ compared to Nokia Drive?

Last edited:

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Does it have the ability to customize text tones for individual contacts? For example, let's say I want Bob to have a specific tone when I get a text from him that's different from my standard tone. Or just silent and vibration off if I don't want a notification.

This is probably an OS question, but i figured since you have the 920, you can find out. ;) That was 1 minor thing I found annoying about WP7.

corsica

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
hey, congrats on your new phone, jealous German right here :)

which color did you pick, or more importantly for me, did you go with glossy or matte?
if you went with the gloss finish, whats your impression of the "scratchability" of the polycarbonate? Do you believe it will get mico scratches over time like the screens of old phones did?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I got hands on with different colors except for the cyan and grey and I must say that despite loving the red, I dont think I can personally live with the glossyness. It just picks up every single fingerprint so that the back cover will be 100% covered by visible fingerprints. It also doesnt feel anywhere as nice in hand than the matter color.

So think that I will have to go with black, despite I really wanted a non-black phone cos black phones are so common and I like Nokia for it's colors.. Cyan isnt coming here at least during launch and I dont really like the cyan that much either.

MAERSK

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site
hey, congrats on your new phone, jealous German right here :)

which color did you pick, or more importantly for me, did you go with glossy or matte?
if you went with the gloss finish, whats your impression of the "scratchability" of the polycarbonate? Do you believe it will get mico scratches over time like the screens of old phones did?

Aww the wittle German bunny is all jealous and cutesy :love: Asking about if his wittle claws will scratch the phone <3

lol >_>

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just got back from Rogers, swapped out my device for a new one. Don't see any dead pixels (as of yet), and the volume rocker seems sturdier than my previous phone.

For questions:

- 01/30 isn't loud at all compared to 900
- I got the black colour
- Haven't found a way to set custom ringtones for contacts (I might have missed it, so don't count it out as of yet)
- Speaker is loud and clear. The phone speaker for calls is also really loud and crisp
- Oddly my phone only shows NOKIA Drive (not Drive+)
- For low light pictures, feel free to check out my thread here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/200229.htm
- I haven't loaded up any music on my phone, but I am eager too to figure out if a need for Stop The Music is required.. will get back to you on that, because that bothered me on 7.5

unity04

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
One more thing worth noting: You don't have to go through Zune to access photos, media, songs, etc. Even to put songs on your phone, you just plug the phone in and access it like a normal USB flash drive. Love that Microsoft went this route.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
- I haven't loaded up any music on my phone, but I am eager too to figure out if a need for Stop The Music is required.. will get back to you on that, because that bothered me on 7.5

Did you think Lumia 900 music quality was poor? If you thought so please tell how you feel about the music quality via 3.5mm jack on Lumia 920.

Interested also to hear do your Lumia 920 have the newest Nokia music with the equalizer and such.

gudnuf4u

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
1)Yes, please let me know about if we need to use Stop the Music app for the music player...that really annoyed me
2) how about headphones, is it load? I have to set mine to 25/30 to hear anything when I go jogging
3)custom alerts for text/email would be great....never really liked any of the default sounds for them
4) does the messaging app resume when you hit the messaging app button the homescreen? I hate it when I hit the messaging app it would take me to the list of threads instead of the last text message I had with my wife

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from Rogers, swapped out my device for a new one. Don't see any dead pixels (as of yet), and the volume rocker seems sturdier than my previous phone.

For questions:

- 01/30 isn't loud at all compared to 900
- I got the black colour
- Haven't found a way to set custom ringtones for contacts (I might have missed it, so don't count it out as of yet)
- Speaker is loud and clear. The phone speaker for calls is also really loud and crisp
- Oddly my phone only shows NOKIA Drive (not Drive+)
- For low light pictures, feel free to check out my thread here: http://forums.windowscentral.com/lumia-920/200229.htm

If you edit a contact in 7.5 there is an option for ringtone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven