Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

Juan Pablo Ursic

Aug 16, 2013
Visit site
@Huan Pablo Ursic : that one is my Picture so I can try to explatin, I was playing with exposure time (shutter speed) settings on Nokia Pro Cam, that one with a tram has 1 second exposure, ISO 100, White balance Auto, no exposure compenstation. But I have to admit that I took like 50 photos while chasing the tram to get it right, experiment with shutter speed, depending on how much ligt it is outside, in my case time was 20:27, not dark yet, but sun was under the horizon, so not much ligt so you know.
Hope this helps you to take similar Picture.

Thanks! I will try to take pics when the sun is setting, hope i can get it right.

When you choose long exposure time and it's bright the camera will try to firstly lower the ISO to the minimum level possible and choose the smallest aperture possible to bring down the exposure. The problem is that if you choose a long shutter time and the minimum ISO and the smallest aperture possible isn't enough to compensate for the over-exposure there isn't anything the camera can do more to bring it down and the result will be an extremely bright image. The solution to this is grey filters, more commonly called ND filters, that helps the camera by simple darkening the whole scene before it hits the sensor. There are even clip on ones for phones now so check it out!

Note that some cheap ones are really bad and smudges the image and have heavy clor casts so read a bit to find good ones. Also this can affect the focus ability as the light may get too low, so sometimes you have to go with manual focusing (or focus first and then clip on the ND filter).

That's what i supposed, i tried to lower the ISO, compensate with exposure value but couldn't get it right if there was good natural light.

Thanks for all guys, hope i can get it :)

Noahma

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Here is a bit of a random picture. I live in Colorado, and work in Boulder. As many know we are currently experiencing what they care calling the 500 year flood. I made it down to my office today and we managed to get all of our equipment and home plans out of the office (I am an Architectural designer) The office had 1" of water along the floor, and the creek about 1/8 mile from us was cresting over the nearby train tracks.

this picture is on the drive up to the office. The area you see water on is not normally a stream, it is a bike path now turned into a stream.
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

This one is out the front door of our office. The water should not be in the field to the left. In fact it should be about 30' back from where it is past the train tracks in the trees.
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

yunchikan

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
post amber, camera pro, all auto
WP_20130911_19_15_28_Pro.jpg

WP_20130911_21_10_52_Pro.jpg

WP_20130911_21_11_21_Pro.jpg

WP_20130911_21_11_29_Pro.jpg

I feel that taking pics at night w camera pro is so much more easier and quicker than the native camera before amber hehe :]
my photos look like they lack details tho. thts prolly due to my forever-dirty lens....

Last edited:

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I feel that taking pics at night w camera pro is so much more easier and quicker than the native camera before amber hehe :]
my photos look like they lack details tho. thts prolly due to my forever-dirty lens....

Nice pics. I suffer from that dirty lens thing too, since I often forget to check it before I snap a pic. In addition, Its hard to take sharp night photos without a tripod (or at least leaning against something), since the exposure times usually need to be longer. I keep trying though.

SomePetar

May 30, 2013
Visit site
Petar's Lumia_20130826_13_53_23_Pro.jpg

Anyhow here's one of my latest pics Taken with Pro Cam. A little editing done in Lightroom and I added the obligatory hipsterish slogan haha! I love how clean the photo is.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar