Pictures/Videos taken with your 920!

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
This thread was created to post pictures taken with your 920... That's it =)

Posts after (and possibly some prior to) mine will be deleted.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
With flash & without.

attachment.php

attachment.php

mlm1950

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
Which one is without flash? I'm only asking because it seems as though the second is without flash and looks better. The reason it looks like it doesn't have flash is because of the license plate. When I take pictures at night, without flash on my iPhone 5 or even GS3, the pics show things like license plates better.

The photo with the fluoresced license plate is the one with the flash. The one without the flash does look better.

KoukiFC3S

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Which one is without flash? I'm only asking because it seems as though the second is without flash and looks better. The reason it looks like it doesn't have flash is because of the license plate. When I take pictures at night, without flash on my iPhone 5 or even GS3, the pics show things like license plates better.

The photo with the fluoresced license plate is the one with the flash. The one without the flash does look better.

Yup the second one is without flash. The one with flash reflects most what I could see at night. It's amazing how the 920 can capture even more detail that the human eye can see.

I took a few more pics today. Those were taken at around 4PM with the sun setting down.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
^ very nice! Can we see those in full resolution if possible ? That's really good soft lighting and I would love to "peep" at 100% :)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Sure, here is a zip with a few more pics. It's 24 MB.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/8160838/Lumia 920.zip

Thanks a lot! Those are the first photos that I have seen so far that are taken in what I consider good lighting :) Very nice.

Before I write this, I just want to say that I am really picking here... the photos look fine vs. the overall industry standard.

So, what I am seeing is a little softness on the right side of the frame.. something my N8 suffers from as well, and it was concluded that it was an optics issue. I have no idea if this is the case here... the auto focus might be acting up as well.

The middle of the frame looks good.. there is potential for sure. There isn't a lot of noise in the sky, which is where you would usually see it in pics from small sensors, so that is good.

They need to work on software for sure, I don't think they are getting the maximum from the hardware with this current firmware.

Thanks again for uploading those :)

Luminatic

May 5, 2012
Visit site

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
My friend just dropped down here in Sydney with the phone. We plan to go hit some beers in the evening, and me, being the better cameraman of the two (lulz) plan to put it to some good effect. Will post soon!!

un hombre

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ehhh, no HDR option in L920?

I hope they will add it as lens to the functionality, or as core option later on.

HDR did miracles on the iPhone, really appreciate this otpion :)

vlad0

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Damn Nokia killed it! :D Sound is far better also
Ya.. better white balance, better contrast... and much better sound recording. The 8X sounds like any other smartphone, tiny and sort of metallic.

Even if the 8x was better at everything else, which isn't the case, I would still go for the 920 just for the sound recording.

Its also a much wider lens...real 16:9 aspect ratio.

Last edited:

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Ben Rudolph is like a face of Windows Phone. Lots of images on his SkyDrive here. All shots from what I can see have been taken from the Lumia 920 :)

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=56d6...cid=56D6AAF6D18C0AB2&id=56D6AAF6D18C0AB2!3298

Maybe Nokia needs to include a level on the next Lumia device. Holy crap I have not seen such poor photography in some time.

I have come to the conclusion that with decent photography skills this camera can produce some really nice shots. Right here we have an example of what this camera does in the hands of a guy that just walked off the mad tea cups.

DungMasterFang

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism