Visit site
Here's a few I've taken in the last week or so:

8208818297_24f0f2748f_c.jpg

8207151101_8fbe4639ea_z.jpg

8208242308_4a1c618d2a_c.jpg

Shap2012

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
here's a couple. Wish I had more as I've commented in my complaint with the camera. Its got to be more capable than the current software is allowing.

Thumba_2012-11-24_13-28-52_jpg.jpg

About 10pm:
WP_20121120_023.jpg

WP_20121126_034.jpg

WP_20121117_012.jpg

Pete C

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Here are some shots I took around Orlando: Thornton Park at night and Kraft Azalea Garden in Winter Park by day. These were just taken with Auto settings.

Attachments

• Kraft Azalea Garden 1.jpg
    Kraft Azalea Garden 1.jpg
    996.5 KB · Views: 17
  • Kraft Azalea Garden 2.jpg
    Kraft Azalea Garden 2.jpg
    996.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Mucho.jpg
    Mucho.jpg
    792.5 KB · Views: 12
  • The Alabama.jpg
    The Alabama.jpg
    666.9 KB · Views: 13

diegosalinas

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
OK, maybe I am on glue but I am having a hard time with Panorama. Do I just keep moving in one direction or do I keep stopping each time the little ball gets into the circle and I see the red start to spin around? If I do just keep moving, how do I know when to stop?

Right now, I keep getting the message that I have to scan backwards again.

HillBillJr

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 920 vs. Samsung GIII - flash with auto

WP_20121127_050.jpg
20121127_184854.jpg

Top one is from my new Lumia, bottom one is from Samsung Galaxy SIII. Both are auto flash in a dim room.

cruzcat

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 920 vs. Samsung GIII - flash with auto

I took a couple of sample pics indoors with rather poor lighting. My Sony A57 SLT struggles with the white balance in the same lighting conditions but the Lumia 920 was incredibly close. One issue was that the camera was overexposing a bit and I had to dial down the exposure 2/3 - 1 stop. I used Noiseware PS plugin to reduce noise to see what is achievable and I am very impressed:smile:. Doubt any phone camera (barring the 808) can come close to this in low light. This one is without any noise processing WP_20121127_031.jpg Same pic with Noiseware processing WP_20121127_031_PS.jpgWP_20121127_068_PS.jpg

gwip

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
OK, maybe I am on glue but I am having a hard time with Panorama. Do I just keep moving in one direction or do I keep stopping each time the little ball gets into the circle and I see the red start to spin around? If I do just keep moving, how do I know when to stop?

Right now, I keep getting the message that I have to scan backwards again.

Diego, Seems like a lot of people are having issues with Pano. A true pano image the censor has to be the pivot point to get things to line up and track right and that seems to be the approach Nokia has taken with panorama. Unfortunately, most people don't know that and they just turn their body to go to the next scene. I think this is where Nokia is getting undue blame for pano not working correctly when in reality it works great, it just needs to be used correctly. I'd like to say that I really like what they have done with the pano app, it really does work great. But, they should have taken into account the knowledge of common users and explained the process of taking a good image a little better.

Try this, when taking your pano images, simply swivel the camera around the point of the lens. The software tracks much better and the final stitching will come out much better as well. The circles are simple to follow. Pivot the phone to line up the dot (current scene) with the circle (next scene) and wait for it to do it's thing (the progress bar wraps around the outer circle).

I truly believe where most people are having issues is with extending the phone and trying to move through a scene instead of pivoting around the lens (sensor)

Comparison of what I'm referring to. (sorry, this doesn't really show great images just a concept)

Image taken with arms extended moving through scene. Basically, I was the pivot point here.
WP_20121128_10_17_33_Panorama.jpg

http://sdrv.ms/TtciPe

Pivoting around the lens
WP_20121128_10_18_41_Panorama.jpg

http://sdrv.ms/Ttcnme

Hope that helps someone out there and maybe takes a little heat off of the app itself. I have yet to have a problem with the pano app myself.

philpeeps

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Diego, Seems like a lot of people are having issues with Pano. A true pano image the censor has to be the pivot point to get things to line up and track right and that seems to be the approach Nokia has taken with panorama. Unfortunately, most people don't know that and they just turn their body to go to the next scene. I think this is where Nokia is getting undue blame for pano not working correctly when in reality it works great, it just needs to be used correctly. I'd like to say that I really like what they have done with the pano app, it really does work great. But, they should have taken into account the knowledge of common users and explained the process of taking a good image a little better.

Try this, when taking your pano images, simply swivel the camera around the point of the lens. The software tracks much better and the final stitching will come out much better as well. The circles are simple to follow. Pivot the phone to line up the dot (current scene) with the circle (next scene) and wait for it to do it's thing (the progress bar wraps around the outer circle).

I truly believe where most people are having issues is with extending the phone and trying to move through a scene instead of pivoting around the lens (sensor)

Comparison of what I'm referring to. (sorry, this doesn't really show great images just a concept)

Image taken with arms extended moving through scene. Basically, I was the pivot point here.
https://vspjbg.dm1.livefilestore.co...Uh0TFpRZWJA/WP_20121128_10_17_33_Panorama.jpg
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Pivoting around the lens
https://vspjbg.dm1.livefilestore.co...QIVHz0Vez6w/WP_20121128_10_18_41_Panorama.jpg
https://skydrive.live.com/pagenotfounderror

Hope that helps someone out there and maybe takes a little heat off of the app itself. I have yet to have a problem with the pano app myself.
Thanks for the explanation. I will surely keep this in mind when doing panoramics now.

OttawaMan

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Question about the pics. I shot what looked like a super-sharp photo of a guy doing some tile work for me...I was very impressed by the quality..when I emailed the pic to my office, it arrived at 365kb. Seems awefully small. My crappy blackberry shot 2MB picture files and they weren't half as nice as this phone. Is something happening after the fact when it comes to mail or am I taking my photos weird? What's going on? All my camera settings are set to auto.

gwip

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
OttawaMan, this bugs me too. We need an option to email full res images. I think the only way to get full res images off without actually plugging it in and transferring is uploading to skydrive. Just make sure you have photos set to best quality in settings.

Settings>Applications>photos+camera>SkyDrive

Then you can upload images to your skydrive and get a share link from there.

Squatting Hen

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
I like to just point and shoot. What are the best settings to use? I was playing around with it last night, testing the different scene modes. Should I just use AUTO for most pictures? Should the flash be kept at AUTO? I was getting different results when I would chose Night vs Night Portrait. Just trying to figure out the best way to take photos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte