Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 169 FirstFirst 123456781353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree15136Likes

It's not cheating. Even DSLR cameras use it to help the lens focus during low light situations. My Nikon D7000 uses it, for example.

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Interesting. Yeah I have seen that even on point and shoot cameras. I had no idea the 920 had something like that which is not part of the standard OS (at least not WP7).

Quote Originally Posted by han13 View Post
    No, I'm referring to the flash that went off at 33 seconds into the video, which the Nokia employee describe as "auto focus assist light". So I'm curious as to how the picture will look without that "auto focus assist light" shooting off, cause that will easily be taken to be flash by the museum personnels.

Click to view quoted video
    Please see my pics from the Halo 4 Launch night :) the outside ones were without auto assist light :)
    Just as everyone already said, the assist light is a feature found on professional DSLRs. It's PRO, not cheating. ;)
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

The camera can't focus on a subject if it can't see it.. hence, assist light...
    KoukiFC3S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ratsta View Post
    Please see my pics from the Halo 4 Launch night :) the outside ones were without auto assist light :)
    Thanks for the info, looking good. :D

Wasn't insinuating that the "auto focus assist light" is cheating, but at places where flash are strictly not allowed, try explaining to the people there that the "auto focus assist light" is not flash and see if they buy it. Anyway, looks good, was worried for a while that the picture will not turn up good without the "auto focus assist light" since most of the Nokia demo were taken with it. :happy:

Can someone show a picture from front camera pls.

Ty.
    Last edited by Tuxedosam; 11-09-2012 at 05:10 AM.
    Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    I'll be putting any note-worthy pics/vids in this folder on my SkyDrive https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resi...0FF4F0035!2099
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

Thanked by:
    Duvivlad0 
    Duvi likes this.

^ tricky conditions.. not bad. Thanks!

cant wait for mine to arrive tomorrow :D
    the pictures are looking really good. although im a lil bit disappointed with the details when u zoom in at 100%. but then again. not many people look at pictures at 100%. :P

I saw some pictures on flickr. not by me, but everyone should check it out XD
    Flickr: xlriton's Photostream
    ^ just look at the 'top of the world' picture capturing the bird flying!
    Flickr: Test Lumia 920

will be adding pics of my own here soon :]
    Last edited by yunchikan; 11-08-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Jaybotics and Slai like this.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts

First pic is all auto, and is the settings you have all seen in most reviews.

Second pic is night mode with +2 exposure. As you can see, low light shooting is even better on the 920 than we thought!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121108_006.jpg   wp_20121108_005.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi, MAERSK, Laura Knotek and 1 others like this.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yunchikan View Post
    cant wait for mine to arrive tomorrow :D
    the pictures are looking really good. although im a lil bit disappointed with the details when u zoom in at 100%. but then again. not many people look at pictures at 100%. :P

I saw some pictures on flickr. not by me, but everyone should check it out XD
    Flickr: xlriton's Photostream
    ^ just look at the 'top of the world' picture capturing the bird flying!
    Flickr: Test Lumia 920

will be adding pics of my own here soon :]
    Those are some really stellar photos on there. I'm so stoked on picking this up tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybotics View Post
    Those are some really stellar photos on there. I'm so stoked on picking this up tomorrow!
    Don't forget that those are downsized to 2Mpix, which is sufficient for internet sharing, but if you really want to see how the camera did you need to look at the original files @ 100%.. just saying, for "pixel peepers"..

Otherwise, great photographs and nice colors for the most part.

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    These are some good looking pics! So excited to get my Lumia 920 today!!!!!

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    How are people getting sizes larger than 1280 x 720? I've taken about a dozen photos just to test the camera and EVERY SINGLE PHOTO is sized 1280 x 720.

I don't understand why it's so small with no option to change.

Global Posts
    438 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the magic school bus View Post
    How are people getting sizes larger than 1280 x 720? I've taken about a dozen photos just to test the camera and EVERY SINGLE PHOTO is sized 1280 x 720.

I don't understand why it's so small with no option to change.
    How are you transferring the photos off your phone?
    Nokia Lumia 1520 RM-938 w/ 128GB MicroSD card
    Microsoft Surface 2 32GB w/ Type Cover 2

Smartphone History: iPhone 3G 8GB -> iPhone 4 8GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Nexus S -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> Lumia 900 -> Lumia 920 -> Lumia 1520

My Blog: PixelWin

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4...25834/xboxone/

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    You are supposed to be able to upload to SkyDrive direct from the phone with full uncompressed pictures if on a wifi connection with the right setting.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad0 View Post
    Actually.. that apples to all smartphones, except one.. so, I am not surprised at all.

Still, you get much better sound recording and video recording. They say that they used the same mics they used in the 808, and if that is the case... its amazing what they can do, despite the fact that its mono..

The OIS works very well during video.. much better than anything else on the market.
    That's wrong because my One X has great detail when blown up to 100% on my computer monitor.

The Lumia 920 is lacking in detail so much it is not believable. I thought for sure it would have great pictures since Nokia has pretty much been hyping the camera and that's it. Then when I compare it to my One X it looks like rubbish.

The pictures I took with the Lumia look worse than the pictures my S2 took.

I so wanted the Lumia to take good pictures so I could stick with it, but it takes horrendous photos.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    That's wrong because my One X has great detail when blown up to 100% on my computer monitor.

The Lumia 920 is lacking in detail so much it is not believable. I thought for sure it would have great pictures since Nokia has pretty much been hyping the camera and that's it. Then when I compare it to my One X it looks like rubbish.

The pictures I took with the Lumia look worse than the pictures my S2 took.

I so wanted the Lumia to take good pictures so I could stick with it, but it takes horrendous photos.
    Can you post some pics? Had the EVO LTE which is a One X, and its pics weren't too sharp.

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KoukiFC3S View Post
    Can you post some pics? Had the EVO LTE which is a One X, and its pics weren't too sharp.
    When I get home. I got frustrated with the Lumia, reset it and switched back to the One X. I'll take shots from the same exact spot so I can show side by side comparisons.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    When I get home. I got frustrated with the Lumia, reset it and switched back to the One X. I'll take shots from the same exact spot so I can show side by side comparisons.
    Sounds good. I digged up a couple EVO LTE shots I took.

HDR mode really helps the One X camera. I loved taking HDR shots with it.

Looking forward to see all the 920 shots people are going to take. The Nokia camera update should be nice as well.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hdr.jpg   hollywood.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts

quick 10 sec video today riding in the car!!
    Thanked by:
    yunchikan, KoukiFC3S, Duvi and 1 others like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pinbak View Post

quick 10 sec video today riding in the car!!
    Beautiful! Thanks.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

got my lumia this morning and took a few photos :]

im very impressed with the macro :] those bokeh look fantastic.
    pictures under daylight seem fine to me too. and I tried sticking my phone in my closet with just a little bit of gap for some light to go in. and the picture turns out so well. (I had the focus light off as well)
    I did the same with my Focus S, and the picture came out black. -v-;

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yunchikan View Post
    got my lumia this morning and took a few photos :]
    Wow! Great pics!