Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 51 of 169 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 4213
Like Tree15136Likes

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ton_pkt View Post
    Yes, I'm also impressed with that link too ^^.
    How could you do that anyway?
    Thanks for your comparisons ton_pkt, I really appreciate your input and take on the 2 phones :)
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tissotti View Post
    Yeah that's no doubt true. Especially as many people are looking at certain kind of over saturation and bright colors the AMOLED screens do produce just that. Funny thing is that i would imagine many don't take their pics to their computer these days for closer and more neutral view.
    Hi tissotti - I am hoping to use my camera phone for everyday shots of my children so while I was comparing the Note 2 and Lumia 920 I downloaded the pictures from the Note 2 (assuming the S3 would have similar results) and the Lumia to the pc for comparison. The Lumia I borrowed didn't have the PORTICO update and the images were softer than I would have liked which is why I've not committed to a 2 year contract yet. The pc difference isn't as drastic as on the phones screen though which is interesting. Your point well made! Thanks
    tissotti likes this.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanders2232 View Post
    Yep 100% he nailed it!! The S3 screen tricks you, well it did me. Lumia 920 video is superior compared to the S3. I have 4 kids and recording them on my S3 didn't last long because the faster they move the worse my videos looked. The S3 couldn't keep up with such quick movements in low light. Lumia 920 on the other hand does a superb job in these situations.
    I have 3 kids and will be using my phone for this purpose. Thanks for this input, answers a big question for me. How is the camera coping? You got the portico update yet?

Yes I do have the update and does a phenomenal job! I'll post some shots...one recommendation put your ISO at 200. This will greatly improve your indoor low light shots of your kids.
    Also you can buy a lense called pro shot..it has a lock focus feature which can help to capture those moments. Lastly sport option in the stock camera speeds up the shutter and helps get those shots where the kids will not stay still.
    Thanked by:
    tissotti likes this.

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sanders2232 View Post
    Yes I do have the update and does a phenomenal job! I'll post some shots...one recommendation put your ISO at 200. This will greatly improve your indoor low light shots of your kids.
    Also you can buy a lense called pro shot..it has a lock focus feature which can help to capture those moments. Lastly sport option in the stock camera speeds up the shutter and helps get those shots where the kids will not stay still.
    Good to know, cheers.

Thanks to everyone for your input - going to go and get my new phone tomorrow I hope! Wish there was a definite date for the update ... guess I just got to trust it's on its way to the UK, and try and be patient :)

Quote Originally Posted by e2blade View Post
    Man, this shot is absolutely freaking gorgeous!! Well done!!
    bawboh86 likes this.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mzoslater View Post
    which application?
    i taken snap at different exposure and used photoshop to edit it

Quote Originally Posted by Camera Chick View Post
    Are these all after the update? Great pics.
    those shots were before the update
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    siluett.jpg
    Thanked by:
    I know, I've just never seen a link like that before and was really impressed!! :)
    Here's another one. Let me Bing that for you!
    Thanked by:
    bawboh86, ton_pkt, krystea and 1 others like this.

I sort of like this one, taken with my Lumia 920 a few days ago. The image is untouched.

wp_20130113_004.jpg
    Thanked by:
    palandri, podsnap, HeyCori and 7 others like this.

Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Nom nom noms

wp_20130115_024.jpg

dpreview.com released their review of 920's camera. They do some serious reviews of DSLRs and have started reviewing key smartphone cameras only recently. The review is more or less in line with what we (at least I) know about.

"Nokia says this happens 500 times per second and results in a three-stop advantage in hand-holdability, which is on par with claims from dedicated camera makers. In other words, if you can normally hold the phone steady enough for a clear shot with a shutter speed of 1/30th of a second, Nokia’s OIS should keep you virtually steady down to 1/4 second. Another way to look at it: a low-light shot that would normally require ISO 800 (and all the noise that implies) could be shot at a more reasonable ISO 100 without shake-induced blurring."

Does it deliver? Nokia’s three-stop claim is largely borne out, with the 920 routinely delivering sharp images at 1/3rd of a second shutter speeds. You can see the OIS in action before you take a picture: the system kicks in when you half-press the shutter, and the preview image immediately snaps into a spooky steadiness, floating ghostly and immune to the usual micro-movements of your muscles.

The urge when given OIS is to push it to the extreme, and we did. The system hugely increases the number of sharp shots you’ll get at very slow, sub-1/10th of a second shutter speeds. That means you can afford to lower ISO for cleaner images, or in very low light, just get photographs that would be otherwise impossible to capture. "

"The 920’s F2.0 lens gives you about a half-stop advantage over most of the competition. So for example, with lighting and shutter speed being equal, the 920 could use an ISO setting of 200, while a competitor might need 280 or more. It’s not a big difference, but it’s an advantage."

" This makes it an ace at low-light photography of stationary objects, and partially addresses the Achilles heel of every phone camera on the market except Nokia’s own 808: poor low light performance. OIS also helps with borderline shutter speeds that non-stabilized phones routinely use anyway. While they simply hope for the best, the 920 stands an excellent chance of delivering a sharp image."

Nokia Lumia 920 Camera Review: Connect

I have created a separate thread for this here:
    DPReview.com releases their review of Lumia 920 camera
    Last edited by TK2011; 01-16-2013 at 04:08 PM.
    Thanked by:
    bawboh86, sanders2232 and aggie like this.

Taken at the Korean Bell in Long Beach, whilst on a Business trip to L.A

wp_20130113_007.jpg

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiran Perera View Post
    Taken at the Korean Bell in Long Beach, whilst on a Business trip to L.A

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130113_007.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	180.3 KB 
ID:	27029
    One of the best shots in here. National Geographic magazine quality wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldiggi View Post
    One of the best shots in here. National Geographic magazine quality wow.
    agreed! One of the best shots.

some pics I edited mostly with Lazy Lens and picture lab app. great apps btw

Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    yunchikan, Duvi, HeyCori and 9 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrtapout1 View Post
    some pics I edited mostly with Lazy Lens and picture lab app. great apps btw
    http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...11112405hd.jpg
    Cute dog!
    Thanked by:
    mrtapout1 likes this.

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    wp_20130116_016.jpg

taken my planted tank at low light and result is awesome
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Someone was asking how the phone does taking pictures of kids...here I hope this helps you.

Last edited by sanders2232; 01-17-2013 at 12:12 PM.

Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    wp_20121226_002.jpg
    My Mainecoon cat
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    That was me, however can't see any links or pics :(
    (tried the links from this post - still can't see the pics.)

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    8390415494_c7a9836f67_b.jpg
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    HeyCori, Laura Knotek and ton_pkt like this.

That was me, however can't see any links or pics :(
    (tried the links from this post - still can't see the pics.)
    Hmmm you can't see my pictures? I logged in with a few browsers and they seem to be just fine. Are you mobile?

Laura Knotek likes this.