Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 168 FirstFirst 12345678910111656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree15030Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ibbyj View Post
    These were taken at the Lincoln Park Conservatory in Chicago, IL.

One of my favorite winter escapes! And, it's free! :)
    Those pics look way more sharper than what we have seen previously. When you zoom to 100% details are there and everythink is sharp. Care to explain :D Could this be different firmware in action or just good photographer.

EDIT: I noticed that pics are 1999 pixel width when some other pics shows 2000 pixels.
    Last edited by Kissanviikset; 11-11-2012 at 09:38 AM.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw4g-rsMrgA[/YT]

just quick "lower" light video, dark overcast clouds outside and only 1 window, phone makes it look brighter in room than what it really is.
    Last edited by Oridus; 11-11-2012 at 09:49 AM.
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    2,698 Global Posts
    Today's pet photo:

Thanked by:
    Duvi, Laura Knotek, ibbyj and 1 others like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oridus View Post

just quick low light video
    dude that's not low light. lol
    ibbyj likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by doublesman3486 View Post
    dude that's not low light. lol
    wanna come over and see how much light ISN'T coming into the room? One window and no other lights on is low light. The camera makes it look brighter than what it is in here.

I could rename it "lower right" if it makes you feel better ^_^

These were taken at the Lincoln Park Conservatory in Chicago, IL.

One of my favorite winter escapes! And, it's free! :)
    Anyone else noticed that macro pictures look just fine even in daylight? They might look soft compared to the other phones but that's because Nokia isn't oversharpening them like most do.

Gives me more reason to believe this is a software issue!

For the 920 owners out there - Does it switch to macro automatically or there ir a macro mode?

Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Was at a small amusement park in Dallas where some family had a drag race. Figured it was a good opportunity for a 1080p camera test. I think the sun had just set, and it was very windy. You can seen the lens floating around a bit, and there's some interesting color fluctuation right at the end (switch to 1080p).

Dragster Driveby - Nokia Lumia 920 1080p sample - YouTube

Also, my favorite photos so far... from a dive bar in the middle of Dallas.. From the roof, I managed to capture some stars while taking a picture of some hanging lights.. pretty impressive for being in the middle of a city :) Also a shot of the sun/sky before sunset yesterday.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121110_066.jpg   wp_20121109_017.jpg   wp_20121109_041.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    KoukiFC3S, Duvi, ibbyj and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by masciam View Post
    I use my phone camera a lot (I have almost 1500 pictures in my iphone) and it pretty much replaced my point and shoot camera. Right now it's either the phone or my 60d, which is not exactly portable.
    Well you are like me.. its usually either my dslr (canon xti) or my phone. My DSLR usage started declining when I got an N8 in 2010, and it went even further down when I got my 808. I still use it.. but its more for "special" occasions, and the 808 is for daily photography.

That said, you need an 808.. I don't quite understand the "niche" product label, its a proper smartphone, and camera works as advertised.

The top 5 for daylight

1. Nokia 808 (huge margin)
    2. Nokia N8
    3. Samsung Pixon 12
    4. iPhone 5
    5. iPhone 4s/SE Satio

If nokia gets the jpeg processing right on the 920 in can easily be a top daytime camera.
    tusilal likes this.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissanviikset View Post
    Those pics look way more sharper than what we have seen previously. When you zoom to 100% details are there and everythink is sharp. Care to explain :D Could this be different firmware in action or just good photographer.

EDIT: I noticed that pics are 1999 pixel width when some other pics shows 2000 pixels.

I have no explanation?

I really was just pointing, shooting, and then uploading.

Quote Originally Posted by masciam View Post
    Anyone else noticed that macro pictures look just fine even in daylight? They might look soft compared to the other phones but that's because Nokia isn't oversharpening them like most do.

Gives me more reason to believe this is a software issue!

For the 920 owners out there - Does it switch to macro automatically or there ir a macro mode?

It did automatically change to Macro mode.. at least it seems to have.
    Last edited by ibbyj; 11-11-2012 at 10:59 AM.

Global Posts
    147 Global Posts

1080p video sample.

Awesome video and very clear. Thank you for sharing.
    ibbyj likes this.
    I have no explanation?

I really was just pointing, shooting, and then uploading.
    How did you upload those pics? Are those in skydrive? I noticed that pics are well under 1Mb of size when some pics that are uploaded to skydrive are well over 2Mb of size or even 3Mb.

So what is going on? Does skydrive crap picture quality or is jpeg-compression working in your pictures.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    How did you upload those pics? Are those in skydrive? I noticed that pics are well under 1Mb of size when some pics that are uploaded to skydrive are well over 2Mb of size or even 3Mb.

So what is going on? Does skydrive crap picture quality or is jpeg-compression working in your pictures.
    I used the Windows Phone 8 app on my Win8 pc to download the photos to a folder on my desktop.

Then, I just used the attachment tool that looks like a paper clip above this text box...haha
    Thanked by:
    murix 
    Quote Originally Posted by Oridus View Post
    wanna come over and see how much light ISN'T coming into the room? One window and no other lights on is low light. The camera makes it look brighter than what it is in here.

I could rename it "lower right" if it makes you feel better ^_^
    lighten up a bit , its not a personal attack on you. I was just expecting a video outside a nighttime that's all.

the low light abilities are amazing on this!
    Last edited by jtes8; 11-11-2012 at 11:42 AM. Reason: added more pictures
    Thanked by:
    I used the Windows Phone 8 app on my Win8 pc to download the photos to a folder on my desktop.

Then, I just used the attachment tool that looks like a paper clip above this text box...haha
    Hmmm... then i think skydrive is reason for blurry shot. I went through all photos posted in to this thread and found out what is common to blurry and sharp photos.

Blurry photos have resolution of 3552x2000 and file size strangely large for jpeg. Usually well over 2Mb and those pics are one that are uploaded to skydrive.

Sharp photos have resolution of 3550x1999,3551x1999 or 3552x1999 but width is always 1999. Those pics are not uploaded to skydrive and file size is usually well under 1Mb.

For me it looks like skydrive photos are actually 2 same photos combined to one photo and it is 1 pixel of from each other. That would explain large file size and 2000 pixel width.

So can we make conclusion that skydrive indeed craps your images? Could someone make comparison. Upload same photo to skydrive and then same one through PC and upload to it somewhere else but skydrive.

This was taken moments ago with the ISO set to 200 and the exposure to -1/3 stop. Autmatic upload to Skydrive and download to my pc. I resized it to be able to upload it. The sky is a hazy blue. Not real brilliant. I think that the image accurately depicted the subject.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails house.jpg  
    jomarr likes this.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    So can we make conclusion that skydrive indeed craps your images? Could someone make comparison. Upload same photo to skydrive and then same one through PC and upload to it somewhere else but skydrive.

Here are both..

Look pretty much the same to me.

https://mlfr4g.blu.livefilestore.com...017.jpg?psid=1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121110_017.jpg  

Global Posts
    668 Global Posts
    How do you post pictures from phone to this website in the forums?

But anyways here are my two pictures from my phone they seem to bright for some odd reason. Like its looking through a window.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails wp_20121111_003%5B1%5D.jpg   wp_20121111_005%5B1%5D.jpg  
    Here are both..

Look pretty much the same to me.

https://mlfr4g.blu.livefilestore.com...017.jpg?psid=1
    Did you use automatic upload to skydrive or did you upload it from your PC to skydrive. All those blurry skydrive images are automatic uploaded i guess.

Link to skydrive should look like this http://sdrv.ms/WTq5Cb

emailing the pictures will result in half the pixels fyi. I think having the aperture on f2 all the time is what makes things look soft. Up close it will look great, but with nothing close to focus on, the picture comes out softer than we would like
    Last edited by Sean Nikmorad; 11-11-2012 at 04:40 PM.

a few shots. These are compressed through photobucket though

Thanked by:
    jomarr, Ture, HIRBODSOFT and 1 others like this.

Also, I noticed shots come out sharper when using the shutter button on the side of the phone. Hold it half way down to focus the shot, then press it. The focus area will be wider also.
    Took these at work about an hour ago.

Thanked by:
    jomarr, Ture, HIRBODSOFT and 1 others like this.

I just compared skydrive pic to one transferred to my PC directly and the skydrive one is slighty softer with shadows more light. Not a huge difference, but definetly noticeable to me. And this is with my phone settings on best quality for sky drive
    Most of what you see in this photo was not visible to the naked eye when I took the shot.

I'm absolutely in love with this phone.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 64535_305153182927077_437489292_n.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    Duvi 
    Duvi and wonderingwhat like this.